270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
sven

World Government 2005

I'm sending it now. There are two flaws in the game I can't fix. One is that when you are looking at the Earth-wide picture in the top right hand corner, it says there are 538 EVs, where there's actually about 1505.

Secondly, when I orginally played it the %s when looking at the whole planet were all over the place, with every party over 50%. This was solved by dividing all population numbers by ten, which has thankfully cut the cost of campaigns (the Conservative and Liberal parties both spent about $2.5 billion when I had the original population size). So what this means is that there is only 600 million people in the world in the game.

Please let me know if you find any other problems.

I'm now working on the 500 electorates for the House of Representatives. These are the regions I'm using and how many MPs each one will have.

Andes 5

Arabia & Israel 5

Brazil 15

British Isles 5

Carribean 2

Central Africa 18

Central America 3

Central Asia 25

Central Europe 8

China 97

Congo 5

East Africa 15

Eastern Europe 7

Germany 8

Gran Colombia 7

India 100

Indonesia 19

Japan & Korea 16

Madagascar 2

Middle East 11

North Africa 10

North America 35

Oceania 3

Russia 12

Scandinavia 2

South-East Asia 26

Southern Africa 10

Venezuela 2

West Africa 11

Western Europe 16

Now many of these places have odd boundaries. I need to name each electorate and give a description of what area it covers.

I'm particularly hoping other people could come up with that for North America and the British Isles, which have 35 and 5 MPs respectively. North America includes Canada, the US, Mexico, Belize, Nicaragua and Bahamas. British Isles is the UK and Ireland. If you can do any others let me know and I'll tell you exactly what countries are in each region.

I'll try it

lorinich@ptd.net

As far as the seats go, I'd love to help out. Just PM me what you need and I'll work on it.

I'll send it to you two.

I actually played the game last night properly for the first time, and it's a bit to hard. I'm convinced that it's practically impossible to win a majority of EVs, and it's impossible for anyone but the Conservatives, since the SDP is nowhere near winning India and the Liberals are nowhere near winning China, and winning both of those would put you pretty comfortably in the lead. I've also noticed that all elections without a majority will elected the Liberal candidate, so I'll fix that and make it random.

Don't worry about the seats, I'm doing fine on my own.

But if anyone can work on those party logos it'd be good. I might go back and find the old red star for the Communists.

I'm also going to make it so that the two Parliamentary versions are on a completely different field to the Presidential one. I'm going to weaken the Libs and turn it into more of a two-party contest, and not even add any extras if that's allowed in the future, while in the Senate and HoR, I'll also have the African party, the Green party, the Christian party and the Communist party.

They're good, but they're actually not needed.

They're the four that have already been made.

I was asking for logos for the Christian Party, the African Party and the Green Party.

Myke already made a yellow UN logo for the Liberals, a blue Globe for the Conservatives, a red Rose in hand for the Social Democrats, and a green Star and Crescent for the Islamists. Plus I've gone back and retrieved the old red Star for the Social Dems to use for the Communist party, so they're all done.

Actually, I just went back to the old logos and discovered that the red star is gone. So if you can find it, Myke, that'd be great, otherwise add Communist to the list of ones that are needed.

That'd make sense. A cross for the Christian Party, a star for the Communists (not a hammer & sickle, as they're mostly East Asian commies), a map of Africa for the African Party and maybe a sunflower for the Greens (look at the European Greens).

They're good, but they're actually not needed.

They're the four that have already been made.

I was asking for logos for the Christian Party, the African Party and the Green Party.

Myke already made a yellow UN logo for the Liberals, a blue Globe for the Conservatives, a red Rose in hand for the Social Democrats, and a green Star and Crescent for the Islamists. Plus I've gone back and retrieved the old red Star for the Social Dems to use for the Communist party, so they're all done.

But the UN logo was ugleeeeeeee... Surely a scale would be more suitable for the moderates?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v395/myke/green.bmp (Light green)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v395/myke/africa.bmp (Brown)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v395/myke/christian.bmp (Light blue)