270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
daons

President Infinity/CI Mod suggestion

In line with the idea for a game where you play as the president over their term, I though a Congressional term simulator may provide some more options;

For example we could play as the Senate/ House party machines and try to pass or amend laws. Each law could be scripted in event style (allowing extensive modding and customisation) and our goal is to get enough congressmen to pass the law. We sort of have this with the primaries system and the different voting dates.

The modding potential and scope for methods for courting supporters for each bill would be great (the endorser system could perhaps be a base), The endorsers could maybe reset after each bill is voted on and you have to start over.

What do people think?

7 hours ago, daons said:

In line with the idea for a game where you play as the president over their term, I though a Congressional term simulator may provide some more options;

For example we could play as the Senate/ House party machines and try to pass or amend laws. Each law could be scripted in event style (allowing extensive modding and customisation) and our goal is to get enough congressmen to pass the law. We sort of have this with the primaries system and the different voting dates.

The modding potential and scope for methods for courting supporters for each bill would be great (the endorser system could perhaps be a base), The endorsers could maybe reset after each bill is voted on and you have to start over.

What do people think?

As a big advocate of expansive opportunities for subject matter for scenarios for all TheorySpark, I worry, as with many other suggestions, that much more specific and involved mechanics will limit the scope and capabilities of scenario making. For instance, I feel this engine is ideal for many myriad of projects (many of which I actually have planned to do) which may not be entirely obvious, but which I think the current game skeleton could do quite well. The pre-WWI Imperial German Reichstag (1871-1918) was a very good example that came to mind early. If the difficulties that I fear coming of this can be mitigated, or the system is malleable enough to suit more expansive, it might work quite well. Otherwise, like with some other ideas for mostly PI and, occasionally PMI, I fear it will greatly restrict scenario in the broad sense.