270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Richard_Huzzey

Three gaffes and Kerry's out

I thought I'd share an odd incident in a recent game: In each of the first three turns, Kerry made a gaffe. it was interesting to look at day 3's newspaper with the only headlines: Kerry makes gaffe on the education issue (-3), Kerry makes gaffe on the healthcare issue (-2), Kerry makes gaffe on the Leadership issue (-1), and I never recovered.

I presume this was just bad luck that the random gaff generator set in. I'd previously only ever had them when I went below 50% health. (And I noticed Bartlet in the Bartlet4American scenario was particularly prone to gaffes as soon as he hit 49%).

Richard.

lol. sounds like they are both making their share of gaffes this time around.

But I know what you mean (winning the war on terror - being the latest "misunderstanding")

no french i believe saddam was going to shoot some of his mystery wmd's at the us or send his secret group of terrorist

even if Saddam did have those wmd's, he would have had to have missiles with ranges of... 6,500 miles, which is 13x the range of their Al Abbas SCUD missile that they had... some... time...

And he doesn't have terrorists... there was no link between his government and Al-Qaida.

so u think 1000 american deaths couldn't be avoided do u think bush is doing a good job in iraq

SSvegata, Iraq is only the start.

If Bush get re-elected, we'll have to deal with Iran, N. Korea and Libya at somepoint.

Since China is corrupt we will have the full support of Japan, and S.Korea, although bombing their factories and just assianating their dictator would be less messy. UK would support us, and who know if the EU will ever support us.... if thats true, we only have a few true friends...I'l tell you right now... Iraq was one thing (they wanted "UN help") but if France, Germany, Russia, etc. don't help us in N. Korea, they are not our friends....

Kerry or Bush will have to take care of N. Korea. They will attack us, and their nutcase leader has nothing to do...look at his father

Libya, is a poor country, with a military lord/dictator. No matter what, civil war will break out, so it would be best to send in NATO troops once we remove Gaddaffi.

Iran is the tricky one... Their younger generation is pro-West and even some are pro-US, and want democracy. Thos students are educated, and if they can get mor power in government, there could be a revoultion in the next 20 years...However Iran is becoming powerful, may have Nukes, we cant risk it...

Then again if we attack Iran, it would enflame the Crusades of the 21st century...

However the roots of Iran are Persian not Muslim, and there are many people from iran in the US that would go back and help if we turn it into a free nation.

Iran used to be our friend in the east, now our enemies....

We should remove the weapons and factories, and let revoultion procede.

But N. Korea we must get rid of in the next 4 years, Bush OR Kerry.

And we must weaken Libya too....

Iran must be threatened....

(And I noticed Bartlet in the Bartlet4American scenario was particularly prone to gaffes as soon as he hit 49%).

Remember the guy has got MS! ;)

And I just want to respond to this:

And he doesn't have terrorists... there was no link between his government and Al-Qaida.

He doesn't have a link?

For godsake, he IS a terrorist! He's been mass-executing his own citizens for years. I pretty much see that as terrorism.

nah he isn't a terrorist saddam is just one crazy man that became leader of a country and did crazy things. i could name 10 other world leaders that are just as crazy and have done worst

(And I noticed Bartlet in the Bartlet4American scenario was particularly prone to gaffes as soon as he hit 49%).

He doesn't have a link?

For godsake, he IS a terrorist! He's been mass-executing his own citizens for years. I pretty much see that as terrorism.

Good point. He does sponsor terror... but he's not a terrorist in the current sense of the word: to propogate Muslim terror against the 'West' or 'West-aiders'.

He just created terror against his own people.

Anyway, there was no link between his government and Al-Qaida :P

Libya is making admends - their former nuclear program is now housed in Oak Ridge TN instead of Tripoli. Hopefully, they'll continue down this path.

Iran was only an ally when the Shah was the dictator - but the people were opposed (mainly because we supported the Shah).

but you are right - we are going to have to deal with both Iran and North Korea soon. 1/3 of the Axis of Terror is "down" and we need to get the other 2.

Operation "GODFATHER" -- (if u recall at the end, they took out the heads of the other mafia families). Maybe we'll find a more peaceful method

Good point. He does sponsor terror... but he's not a terrorist in the current sense of the word: to propogate Muslim terror against the 'West' or 'West-aiders'.

That's not the definition of a terrorist. ETA and IRA are also terrorists, but they're not Muslim. I think that someone who uses violence against thousands of innocent people is a terrorist.

He doesn't have a link?

The think i like about you horck dude, is that you arent radically left like some other people on this board.

Infact Reps should say there were terroists in Iraq....Sadam and his cabinet!!!!