270soft Forum
vcczar

Candidate creation

Just now, Patine said:

If you have to ask... :(

Look if it was the confederacy thing I should have seen that, honestly looking back on the thread I did make a mistake and shouldn't have said those things the only excuse I guess I could have is that I was tired and irritable, that happens to us all, but if there is anything else than yes, please do help me see the error of my ways.

2 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

I didn't really see anything racist posted by @Reagan04, but some stuff could be taken offensively... 

Thank You friend! I do understand and if it's wanting to repeal Titles II and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, I want those liberties to go both ways, if a black man doesn't want to hire a white man, he has the right to not do so.

Hopefully I'm not late, but I nonetheless will toss my hat into the race.

1) The First name and last name you wish to go by: 

Dylan Sunny

2) Titles you'd accept for your character (such as Mr., Mrs., Ms., Prof., Dr., Gov., Sen., Amb., Rep., Judge., Gen., etc.): 

Rep.

3) Give me a non-famous surrogate -- it can be a friend or someone fictional: 

My wife-well fiancee in real life- Cintia

4) What is your home state (foreign people can pick one) and what region of the country most embraces your political ideology? 

Birthstate is Texas, but homestate is South Carolina. My strongest area will probably be GA, SC, and NC due to my inroads within the black community.

5) Pick at least one person from your party from the list above that you would select as a VP:

I'd be happy with anyone in this forum-within my party- to be my VP.

6) List anyone within your own party that you are unlikely to endorse: 

Honestly none that I can think of.

7) What is your SuperPac name?

Sunny days ahead.

8) What is something you'd like me to insert into your blurb/bio?

Narrowly defeating Former Governor Mark Sanford in the 2013 Special Election for SC's 1st District, Sunny rose to national prominence for being one of the few Democrats to win a seat in an non-general election year. Despite accusations of being connected to Joe Riley political machine from his opponents, Sunny won the 2014 midterms proving the coastal lowcountry of South Carolina loves him; but will the nation love him?

16 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

I didn't really see anything racist posted by @Reagan04, but some stuff could be taken offensively... Also, EVERYONE GO VOTE FOR RICK PERRY ON DANCING WITH THE STARS!!

http://dwtsvote.abc.go.com/

If his dancing has as many mistakes and fumbles as his public speaking, he'll probably come dead last... :P

Hey everyone, 

Just chiming in since I have little time until this weekend. It looks like 15 of the 16 forum users that will be included have given me a candidate profile. 

Could someone find out who is missing and reach out to them? Otherwise, I'll do this weekend, but that will delay the creation of the scenario. 

Also, not like I expect anyone to do this, but is there any reason why your candidate-version of yourself might have low integrity or high corruption?

Finally, are there any events that you might want linked to your characters. I may surprise you and create some random candidate-specific events, to add realism. 

@victor1313, maybe I missed it, but what is your last name (surname) that you wish to go by for this scenario? 

@Reagan04, I appreciate you willing to admit when you've crossed the line. 

@Sunnymentoaddict I'm assuming you'd want your SuperPac to read in caps like "Sunny Days Ahead"

11 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Also, not like I expect anyone to do this, but is there any reason why your candidate-version of yourself might have low integrity or high corruption?

Finally, are there any events that you might want linked to your characters. I may surprise you and create some random candidate-specific events, to add realism. 

In my case the answer is no to both questions. 

22 minutes ago, vcczar said:

@Reagan04, I appreciate you willing to admit when you've crossed the line. 

No,  but I got detention in 4th grade once for taking a lollipop so....:P

No. and I recognize that a lot of events that might happen to me would be negative, but try and throw in some good ones, thanks.:)

And yes, I guess I got a bit riled, hindsight is 20-20, you are correct, I will always love them and thank them for putting me on this Earth, but would they did was inexcusable and I can't change that, I personally can't stand revisionist history.

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

No to both. I think I should be leading in Idaho, due to my name though :D 

!ELECTION PREDICTIONS!

Made a some maps. It has predictions.

REPUBLICANS

Purple: @Reagan04
Red: @ThePotatoWalrus
Green: @Jonathan Kudelka
Blue: @Sanser2016
Orange: @victor1313
Neon Green: @jvikings1
Dark Blue: @Conservative Elector 2
Yellow: @Dallas

Alaska: Reagan
Hawaii: JonnyK

Predicted winner: @Jonathan Kudelka (most electable)
Predicted losers: @ThePotatoWalrus or @Reagan04, (least eletable)

Not sure what the total delegates add up to, but it looks contested. I don't predict a big win for @Reagan04 and I, but with @Reagan04's strong pullings in the Southern states and Bible belt, and me in the rust belt for my stances on coal, NAFTA, and me living there myself, we may pull enough delegates to contest the convention, and endorse one another to have one of us be Victor.

DEMOCRATS

EDIT: Decided to do a Democratic contest as well. It's the second picture.

Purple: @vcczar
Red: @Patine
Green: @CalebsParadox
Blue: @TheMiddlePolitical
Orange: @SeanFKennedy
Neon Green: @jnewt
Dark Blue: @Sunnymentoaddict 
Yellow: @SiorafasNaCillini (whom it won't let me tag, for some reason)

Alaska: SeanFKennedy
Hawaii: Jnewt

Predicted winner: @CalebsParadox while second most electable, the strong wins in early states will propel Caleb to victory.
Predicted loser: @vcczar or @Patine don't mean anything by it, but like Reagan and I, you two are too extreme to win.

Finally, the last image is an election prediction for if the election were a contest between JonnyK and CalebsParadox:

Democratic Electoral Votes: 310
Republican Electoral Votes: 228

(JonnyK wins Alaska, and CalebsParadox wins Hawaii)

gopprediction.png

Demprediction.png

electionprediction.png

@ThePotatoWalrus

That's pretty cool. I'm surprised TN went blue. Yeah, Patine and I will probably have the toughest time in the primaries; although, Bernie Sanders, who I think is Left of me, did fairly well for someone without a chance. Although, he was a Senator, which has some power. I won't have that luxury. 

44 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

!ELECTION PREDICTIONS!

Made a some maps. It has predictions.

REPUBLICANS

Purple: @Reagan04
Red: @ThePotatoWalrus
Green: @Jonathan Kudelka
Blue: @Sanser2016
Orange: @victor1313
Neon Green: @jvikings1
Dark Blue: @Conservative Elector 2
Yellow: @Dallas

Alaska: Reagan
Hawaii: JonnyK

Predicted winner: @Jonathan Kudelka (most electable)
Predicted losers: @ThePotatoWalrus or @Reagan04, (least eletable)

Not sure what the total delegates add up to, but it looks contested. I don't predict a big win for @Reagan04 and I, but with @Reagan04's strong pullings in the Southern states and Bible belt, and me in the rust belt for my stances on coal, NAFTA, and me living there myself, we may pull enough delegates to contest the convention, and endorse one another to have one of us be Victor.

DEMOCRATS

EDIT: Decided to do a Democratic contest as well. It's the second picture.

Purple: @vcczar
Red: @Patine
Green: @CalebsParadox
Blue: @TheMiddlePolitical
Orange: @SeanFKennedy
Neon Green: @jnewt
Dark Blue: @Sunnymentoaddict 
Yellow: @SiorafasNaCillini (whom it won't let me tag, for some reason)

Alaska: SeanFKennedy
Hawaii: Jnewt

Predicted winner: @CalebsParadox while second most electable, the strong wins in early states will propel Caleb to victory.
Predicted loser: @vcczar or @Patine don't mean anything by it, but like Reagan and I, you two are too extreme to win.

Finally, the last image is an election prediction for if the election were a contest between JonnyK and CalebsParadox:

Democratic Electoral Votes: 310
Republican Electoral Votes: 228

(JonnyK wins Alaska, and CalebsParadox wins Hawaii)

gopprediction.png

Demprediction.png

electionprediction.png

Nice maps. Though, would I be at least close to winning Alabama, since that is my homestate? I would possibly be very competitive in Iowa, South Carolina and several others.

@Jonathan Kudelka

The problem with @Reagan04's and other people's opinion that those titles should go away, so that any person of any race can refuse to hire anyone of any race is that in the South, especially then white people were in charge of most of the jobs. The chance that a black man could even refuse to hire a white man was remote, and it still is remote, actually. I'm talking nationwide. Fortunately, things have somewhat improved since then so that you have people that aren't white males owning businesses.  The end goal is to make race not an issue. I don't think repealing Civil Rights laws helps, but I'll meet the socially far-right midway, and say that I don't think a lot of the PC activists are helping either. 

I think we've made a lot of progress since 1964, so I expect the race issues to dissolve as they are, but it's going to be slow and painful. My prediction is that by 2100 it will be small isolate incidents of racism within the country. By then, racist energies might be directed towards cyborgs or clones or something. 

I absolute agree with your analysis regarding Reagan's struggle. He's sort of like a time capsule born at the wrong time. I think he's strength is still going to be primarily in the Deep South, but he's going to be behind the other far-right candidates. His best shot is to somehow surpass them, and lock up the convention, win the endorsements of Dallas and Potato, and hope that one moderate Republican doesn't get all the more establishment votes at the convention. It's possible, but he is the most likely candidate to have to win at the convention. 

After this election, should we be in a 2020 scenario, I think he would have a harder time, since I predict the Republican party will make attempts to be a very racially tolerant party, since they'll probably lose this election, however close, for lack of tolerance.  

2 minutes ago, vcczar said:

After this election, should we be in a 2020 scenario, I think he would have a harder time, since I predict the Republican party will make attempts to be a very racially tolerant party, since they'll probably lose this election, however close, for lack of tolerance.  

I actually I am very willing to amend myself for electability if this is the case, I will soften on immigration and race.

On some issues, you could say I am far-right. I am far-right on same-sex marriage. Besides that, mostly right on the rest with the exception of nation building, trade..when every stance is averaged together.

Just to be clear- what is considered to the right of the Tea Party in anyone's view?

48 minutes ago, Dallas said:

Nice maps. Though, would I be at least close to winning Alabama, since that is my homestate? I would possibly be very competitive in Iowa, South Carolina and several others.

In this scenario, @Reagan04 is Gov. of Alabama.

1 minute ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

In this scenario, @Reagan04 is Gov. of Alabama.

Would I be close in Utah or Georgia?

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

@ThePotatoWalrus

That's pretty cool. I'm surprised TN went blue. Yeah, Patine and I will probably have the toughest time in the primaries; although, Bernie Sanders, who I think is Left of me, did fairly well for someone without a chance. Although, he was a Senator, which has some power. I won't have that luxury. 

Tennessee went blue because of how the game works. In real life, Tennessee would never go blue. This is my prediction for the game, not in real life. In real life, it would be way different. I couldn't even predict it, but I've played the game enough times to predict this.

28 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

Would I be close in Utah or Georgia?

Utah, but not Georgia. Utah and Oklahoma are essentially a toss-up between me and you, but since I'm a fundamentalist Conservative, and you're too-far to the right conservative, I think I'd win narrowly.

@ThePotatoWalrus How would you analyse my performance in your prediction? :)

Was the RNC contested? It looks like there is not a clear front runner, and curious to know how many ballots it took to get a nominee. But will you also consider putting in events in the game that'll affect us in a positive/negative manner( think of W's 'you forgot about Poland" debate response that helped him in the polls, the Gary Johnson 'What's Aleppo", Bill Clinton playing sax on tv)? I think if you give us the option to create 2 positive stories, and 2 negative stories for our candidate, and set it that there is a 50% chance x event will occur- regardless if it is positive or negative- will help add more life to this scenario. 

I agree.