270soft Forum
vcczar

Candidate creation

Just now, vcczar said:

@jnewt

Which town outside Boston?

@SeanFKennedy

I'll try to have it done this weekend. Starting tomorrow, I'll be booked with work until then.

I'd appreciate it if everyone answers the ideology polls, so I'll be ready to start putting it together this weekend:  @vcczar @Patine @CalebsParadox @Reagan04 @ThePotatoWalrus @TheMiddlePolitical @Jonathan Kudelka @Sanser2016 @victor1313 @jvikings1 @SeanFKennedy @Conservative Elector 2 @jnewt @Sunnymentoaddict @Dallas @SiorafasNaCillini

Have I missed any?

4 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

He could have done one poll with multiple questions.

I have more questions than one poll can hold. Also, I didn't have the time to type out three questions in one poll. I'm doing all of this while multi-tasking with work. 

@Patine

I don't know who has taken what poll. I won't double-check until this weekend. 

Just now, vcczar said:

I have more questions than one poll can hold. Also, I didn't have the time to type out three questions in one poll. I'm doing all of this while multi-tasking with work. 

Cool, cool. I understand. You're a professor, right? Must be hard teaching and grading all of that shit, and then have to find time to get this scenario done. I don't agree with you all of the time, but I really appreciate everything that you do, and I respect you a lot.

1) Caleb Perry

2) Mr., Gov., Sen., Amb., Rep., Judge.

I would prefer Representative of the 5th district(Which encompasses Nashville), currently represented by Democrat Jim Cooper. My city was within the 5th district for awhile, as this is a more Republican city it got booted out ;) 

3) Mr. Tyler Knapp. 

4) Florida is home state, but Tennessee is the state I will represent as I have more or less adopted it. I believe that winning that state in the primary should be almost guaranteed, and have my strengths primarily in the South due to my religious approach, moderate approach on gun ownership (which is really center-right) and free trade, and anti abortion rhetoric. 

5) If you're asking for real candidates, Tim Kaine, Martin O'Malley, Joe Biden, Jim Webb, Julian Castro. If you're referring to our forum candidates, @TheMiddlePolitical and @SiorafasNaCillini

6) I would endorse the nominee if it was any Democrat on this forum. While some are radicals, they're mostly corruption free and will have political experience. However, I will only reluctantly support @vcczar and @Patine, as they are more radical and presumeably without any kind of real political experience whatsoever. 

7) Bringing America Together

8) Perhaps include something about a new brand of Democratic politics, focusing on more centrist policy and an appeal to the Religious Left. 

42 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Cool, cool. I understand. You're a professor, right? Must be hard teaching and grading all of that shit, and then have to find time to get this scenario done. I don't agree with you all of the time, but I really appreciate everything that you do, and I respect you a lot.

Thanks. I really appreciate it. Yeah, I'm grading 105 five-page papers this week. Fun...

@jnewt

I haven't been to Braintree, but I went to Quincy to visit the graves of the Adams family. I'm distant cousins of them. 

9 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Thanks. I really appreciate it. Yeah, I'm grading 105 five-page papers this week. Fun...

Wow that's really impressive, I remember my Dad telling me about a similar situation, except he's been teaching for 16 years in English but had just picked up Philosophy and this was a philosophy paper, he was in HELL and had to lock himself in the basement for the weekend.

16 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Are you in a stature at your university to review doctoral theses? I've heard those can get REALLY long and involved...

@Patine

No, I don't have to worry about those. Although, I would prefer that. I'm reading undergraduate writing, which is generally very vague, underdeveloped, uninteresting, full of logical flaws, and often written just to fulfill the assignment. As much as they may dislike writing the assignment, I dislike grading them. Yet, I have to. I cover them with all sorts of notes. 

1. Dallas Bachmann

2. Rep.

3. Sarah Gerritson

4. Alabama. Southern U.S.

5.  ConservativeElector

6. Fine with all center-right to far-right Republicans. Moderates to progressives, I would not endorse. Nothing personal.

7. Dallas For America

8. Tea Party conservative and brother of former Congresswoman Michele Bachmann, Dallas has decided to take a shot to become the Republican nominee. With the backing of Social, constitutional and Tea Party conservatives, can Dallas win the nomination? (Something along those lines).

I figured in a hypothetical scenario, I would be proud to be related to Michele and carry the torch and her work. Also, I am not very creative with names, sadly.

1) Jesse Green

2) Sen. (my dream job)

3) Brett Gillispie (a friend)

4) Kentucky; small bonus in Illinois where I have lived before; Stronger in the west, rust belt, and coal country

5) Gov. Victor Victor, Sen. Christian Ackermann (also, we should probably be set at good relations), Sen. Willow Wilson, and Sen. Dakota Hale

6) See above

7) Freedom in America Pac

8) The 46 year old Libertarian leaning Conservative Senator from Kentucky primaried out Mitch McConnell in 2014.  Can he spread his message and new ideas to other parts of the country or will he be rejected by the status quo?

1 hour ago, Jonathan Kudelka said:

1) Jonathan Kudelka

2) Mr.

3) Donald Reagan

4) South Carolina

5) @Conservative Elector 2 or @Dallas to help get conservative votes

6) Reagan and The Potato Walrus

7) JohnnyK Forever

8) Can a fiscally conservative, socially liberal 17 year old from South Carolina win?

I think you'll have to fictionalize your profile at least in terms of age. A 17-year-old cannot win a US Presidential Election, or at least cannot be inaugurated.

6 hours ago, CalebsParadox said:

6) I would endorse the nominee if it was any Democrat on this forum. While some are radicals, they're mostly corruption free and will have political experience. However, I will only reluctantly support @vcczar and @Patine, as they are more radical

My thoughts exactly. I think if we went with one of them we'd get our butts kicked in the general; unless the Republicans picked an equally radical candidate. 

1) The First name and last name you wish to go by: 

Christian Ackermann

2) Titles you'd accept for your character (such as Mr., Mrs., Ms., Prof., Dr., Gov., Sen., Amb., Rep., Judge., Gen., etc.): 

Mr., Prof., Dr., Gov., Sen., Amb., Rep., Judge., Gen., Rev., - My most preferred title is Sen., but I would accept the others too if it's too unrealistic.

3) Give me a non-famous surrogate -- it can be a friend or someone fictional: 

Betty Ackermann - actually a friend of mine, I don't know whether she would want her last name published or not (probably not) therefore I gave her my fictional last name. Our first names are real though.

4) What is your home state (foreign people can pick one) and what region of the country most embraces your political ideology? 

I pick Arkansas. My views should definitely be popular in the South and perhaps in the mid-west also. I should have little to none backing at the West Coast and in New England (best %s here in NH but still not good I guess). Little support in the Rust Belt, but not as bad as in New England or at the West Coast.

5) Pick at least one person from your party from the list above that you would select as a VP:

I would consider all GOP users and perhaps even the Democratic users here. I'd go with someone a bit more moderate than myself. Perhaps @jvikings1 and @Jonathan Kudelka. I'd perhaps reach out to @TheMiddlePolitical or @CalebsParadox for a surprise Democratic pick. Like McCain considered Lieberman in 2008. 

6) List anyone within your own party that you are unlikely to endorse: 

I will endorse any of the GOP users.

7) What is your SuperPac name?

Trust in Hope

8) What is something you'd like me to insert into your blurb/bio? 

Senator Christian Ackermann from Arkansas has decided to run for President. With his conservative approach he should be able to rally the South behind him. However, the charismatic congressman must also reach out to Independent voters and centrists in order to have a real shot at winning.

---

Something like this would be very cool. I view myself here as a more or like Establishment candidate like Marco Rubio or Jeb Bush, who has the full backing by the GOP in the general election. I'd compare my ideology with Jeff Sessions (and we have the Southern support).

i like

Gov.Victor of texas or california(Because reagan)ny(giulani) or south carolina(have preference state of texas home city one conservative with great population city)i choice governor of texas

Conservative with the moderate dems endorse

3.Cientist. Cherleston

5.anyone of forum

6. none

7.Victor Conservative America or backs to Fundation USA,constitution any of theses

8.i dont know really but example i good i like reagan,coolidge,etc

Edited by victor1313

@vcczar I didn't mention it, but I think would also get some good support in the Mountain West, I.E. Dakotas, AK, UT, MT. and ID

44 minutes ago, CalebsParadox said:

With the update coming out next week with general election polling per candidate, how do you think you'll be set up to do at the start EV wise? Do some of you expect more than 180 EV to begin polling? @Reagan04 @ThePotatoWalrus @Patine 

I think I'll ceiling at 203 until I start campaigning.

Just now, Reagan04 said:

I think I'll ceiling at 203 until I start campaigning.

No offense, but even 203 is a stretch. That's doing better than McCain and your electability is much lower due to your ultra conservative views. 

Just now, CalebsParadox said:

No offense, but even 203 is a stretch. That's doing better than McCain and your electability is much lower due to your ultra conservative views. 

Ok but are we assuming that millions of uneducated blacks are coming out to vote for a skin color? And yes 203 is a stretch I'd say anywhere from 166-203 is about right. I'm optimistic I could win.

Just now, Reagan04 said:

Ok but are we assuming that millions of uneducated blacks are coming out to vote for a skin color? And yes 203 is a stretch I'd say anywhere from 166-203 is about right. I'm optimistic I could win.

The Democratic party has won over the black vote with or without Obama being on the ticket at this point on time. In fact, it is likely black voters would also vote AGAINST you due to your views on the civil rights act among other things. Your views are likely even to distance yourself from even the Southern states, and you could forget about turning any of the current swing states just due to the nature of your politics.

While I personally don't harbor any grudge against you, when even a state like Texas is likely to be a batteground state, your chances are dismal. 

17 minutes ago, CalebsParadox said:

The Democratic party has won over the black vote with or without Obama being on the ticket at this point on time. In fact, it is likely black voters would also vote AGAINST you due to your views on the civil rights act among other things. Your views are likely even to distance yourself from even the Southern states, and you could forget about turning any of the current swing states just due to the nature of your politics.

While I personally don't harbor any grudge against you, when even a state like Texas is likely to be a batteground state, your chances are dismal. 

But, Obama greatly increased turnout beyond normal levels.