270soft Forum
georgebarnard

Playable on Chromebook?

I can't answer this but I know @admin_270 will be able to, but I can certainly say that your son will love and learn so much from this game! Good Luck!

Just now, Patine said:

What's Chromebook?

It's a type of computer (commonly used in American schools) they might not market them in Canada.

Thanks for the replies.  As to what Chromebook is, I'll let wikipedia explain:

A Chromebook is a laptop running Chrome OS as its operating system. The devices are designed to be used primarily while connected to the Internet, with most applications and data residing in "the cloud".

I'll wait for a definitive answer before purchasing.  My son is really looking forward to playing it.  If it does transpire that he can play it on a chromebook, then I'll also think about picking up the English parliament version, too.

What, no Linux?! A travesty for those who wish to "set operating systems free" (wasn't that Torvald's line)!

No, just kidding. I don't use Linux myself, and apparently most Linux users have virtual Windows or Mac OS emulators that fool the game or program into believing they're being run on that operating system to play most game or use most applications anyways, or so I can gather...

It's too bad, because my son was really looking forward to playing this (I've never seen a 12-year old so taken by politics).  The fact that many schools use chromebooks would seem to make adapting the game for this market a great idea (think how great it would be for AP Civics classes) -- then again, I'm not a developer.

On 8/19/2016 at 9:41 AM, admin_270 said:

If Chromebooks (or Linux) continue to expand, it might happen.

I'd still really like a linux version even if just beta as this suite is one of the main reasons I can't use linux (what does work includes my IDE,browser,HOI4,HOI3 works with Wine,Chancellor forever has low enough spec requirements to be easily able to run in a vm,Peacemaker works on Wine) I'd just need to find a sufficent video editor (Shouldn't be hard)  the only other things that wouldn't would be some games I can get on Android. I'd also need to get some drivers, (including a copy of the hd intel graphics control panel for linux). PI,CI and PMI might be too demanding too run at decent speeds on a VM(It's hard to know because Anthony has listed no Hardware requirements)

On 8/18/2016 at 3:38 PM, Patine said:

No, just kidding. I don't use Linux myself, and apparently most Linux users have virtual Windows or Mac OS emulators that fool the game or program into believing they're being run on that operating system to play most game or use most applications anyways, or so I can gather...

Whether you realize it or not you actually do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVpbFMhOAwE

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

Another video link? I don't make my requests for forum protocol, what few I make, clear enough, do I?

I can't find a text based version of it. I don't see why you hate video links.

1 minute ago, NYrepublican said:

I can't find a text based version of it. I don't see why you hate video links.

If no text-based article can be found, I become dubious of the subject's reliability. I also tend to find the video portrayals of these types of issues usually annoying in presentation.

Just now, Patine said:

If no text-based article can be found, I become dubious of the subject's reliability. I also tend to find the video portrayals of these types of issues usually annoying in presentation.

I've fact checked it, it is true. Video is the preferred method of delivery for most people

Just now, NYrepublican said:

I've fact checked it, it is true. Video is the preferred method of delivery for most people

Most people... 30 and younger, perhaps, which is not most people, statistically, especially in this day and age of higher life expectancies than ever before in history. And, how did you fact check this reliably without a text article available?

Just now, Patine said:

Most people... 30 and younger, perhaps, which is not most people, statistically, especially in this day and age of higher life expectancies than ever before in history. And, how did you fact check this reliably without a text article available?

I've double checked it in the past before.

Also 20% of developers according to StackOverflow use Linux (18% higher than its net desktop market share)

2 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

I've double checked it in the past before.

Also 20% of developers according to StackOverflow use Linux (18% higher than its net desktop market share)

So, what's the shocking revelation here? A lot of your "conspiracies" and "shocking turns" about the world on these forums have been notably and remarkably anticlimactic, I'm afraid to say.

1 minute ago, Patine said:

So, what's the shocking revelation here? A lot of your "conspiracies" and "shocking turns" about the world on these forums have been notably and remarkably anticlimactic, I'm afraid to say.

It was just a fun fact.

2 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

It was just a fun fact.

"Fun" is a very subjective word... ;)

20 minutes ago, Patine said:

"Fun" is a very subjective word... ;)

I still think Anthony should at LEAST publish some hardware requirements so I can know if i can run the game on a VM or not as it doesn't work in the Wine compatability layer

@admin_270

Edited by NYrepublican
tagging Anthony

7 minutes ago, NYrepublican said:

I still think Anthony should at LEAST publish some hardware requirements so I can know if i can run the game on a VM or not as it doesn't work in the Wine compatability layer

Well, I am not the right person to tag for that request... ;)

5 hours ago, NYrepublican said:

I also hate video links. Especially when they cannot be formatted into a thread and I have to open a separate page. Though I wouldn't say that it degrades the credibility of a message.

5 hours ago, NYrepublican said:

@admin_270

Is that why you use a VM? Because Linux?

On 4/5/2018 at 11:23 PM, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Is that why you use a VM? Because Linux?

I'm thinking of switching to Linux. I use VM's for linux and DOS already (as well as old windows versions)