270soft Forum
ThePotatoWalrus

Dream Future Updates?

Hey all! What would your dream update be for the game, it doesn't even have to be a realistic dream, I'm just very curious as to what you guys would want in a future update.

More detailed speeches, rallies.

Oh, I would just love to have live primary results.

Ability to create more momentum (or negative momentum) for conventions. Also more controll over the debates.

I would like to see the ability to drop out and run as an independent. That would be a dream update.

2 hours ago, Dallas said:

I would like to see the ability to drop out and run as an independent. That would be a dream update.

Have you seen my guide to doing that? If not you should check it out I'll repost it on this thread!:D

2 hours ago, Dallas said:

I feel like you can already break off and run as a third party. You can basically create a party in the campaign editor and play as both the candidates( which are the same exact person just with different id codes) in the major party and the 3rd party and if you don't win the major party, you can withdraw from that and play 3rdd party and if you do lose you can withdraw that candidate and play as the major party nominee. I did this where I played as Cruz and vied for the Republican ticket but also had a backup American Party where I ran unopposed and had the id of ted_cruz_2 and once I locked up the republican nomination I withdrew the American party, but if I had lost the republican nomination I could have withdrawn ted1 ad played as ted2 as the American Party, it takes a little extra work but if you want that ability more than live primary results I'm sure you are willing to go the extra mile:D

Here it is!

Running as an independent and PR in the general election.

Voting blocks. 

Right now in the current build of the game, Bernie Sanders can win multiple states in the south despite him doing poorly with black voters in real life. Or in the other party's primary, Donald Trump can win Wisconsin or Ohio despite the voters in those showed they prefer other candidates. 

I always just wondered how editable such voting blocks would end up being for fan made scenarios where said demographic blocks (or, in many cases, what type of candidates such blocks would favour, depending on context) and if the demographic blocks could be entirely renamed, relocated, and re-envisioned, in an updated scenario editor. My support for such a thing would be completely conditional on that, personally.

7 hours ago, Patine said:

I always just wondered how editable such voting blocks would end up being for fan made scenarios where said demographic blocks (or, in many cases, what type of candidates such blocks would favour, depending on context) and if the demographic blocks could be entirely renamed, relocated, and re-envisioned, in an updated scenario editor. My support for such a thing would be completely conditional on that, personally.

Perhaps it's a thing that makes it easier to gain momentum in the state, and voting blocs are like attributes, and they're applied to candidates and states. For example, Ben Carson could have a black support level of 5, and could win states like Alabama with lots of African Americans. Trump could have a Latino support level of 1, and that could cost him states like New Mexico, California, and Texas. This could allow us to make new Voting Blocs, and adjust their level of prominence in each state.

What I'm asking is their editablity in a fan made scenario where said actual demographics, how they'd vote, or where they'd congregate would be very different than the current demographics of the modern US

Such as, say, for instance, I was doing a Slovakian Presidential scenario (for the sake of argument). In that sense, there would no perceptible African-American or Latino population, but the Romani vote, while not huge, is still a factor in some areas, but not even worth mention in a modern US election.

1 hour ago, Patine said:

Such as, say, for instance, I was doing a Slovakian Presidential scenario (for the sake of argument). In that sense, there would no perceptible African-American or Latino population, but the Romani vote, while not huge, is still a factor in some areas, but not even worth mention in a modern US election.

the African-American vote in a Slovakian election would be exactly 0.0%, just being pedantic!

Forgot to mention: continuous elections.

The complexity of continuous elections and all the factors that will need to be taken into account, will, in my opinion, make fan made scenarios outside "the box" (very-late 20th Century, early 21st Century US Federal Elections, specifically) become blatantly impossible to craft going into the future. I'm afraid I can offer no support and only discouragement to that being a mainstream and defining feature of the game.

I'm really happy with what @admin_270 did with the convention. A contested convention is actually nail-biting now. Sometimes the person with the 4th amount of delegates will actually win. What I'd like to see improved is the importance of a VP pick. With favorability this will be easier. For instance, if you are a moderate in your party, you could gain endorsement points from the more extreme wings of your party by picking someone allied to them, or select someone more centrist to win undecided voters. It would be cool if there was a campaign manager in the game that offers advise. I pop-up shows up that said, "Arizona hasn't heard from you in awhile. How about taking a stop in Phoenix?" or "You won't get very far without Elizabeth Warren's support. Consider getting a VP that makes her happy" or "Voters are really moving away from a left position on gun control. However, amending your platform to center-left?" Things like that. 

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

I'm really happy with what @admin_270 did with the convention. A contested convention is actually nail-biting now. Sometimes the person with the 4th amount of delegates will actually win. What I'd like to see improved is the importance of a VP pick. With favorability this will be easier. For instance, if you are a moderate in your party, you could gain endorsement points from the more extreme wings of your party by picking someone allied to them, or select someone more centrist to win undecided voters. It would be cool if there was a campaign manager in the game that offers advise. I pop-up shows up that said, "Arizona hasn't heard from you in awhile. How about taking a stop in Phoenix?" or "You won't get very far without Elizabeth Warren's support. Consider getting a VP that makes her happy" or "Voters are really moving away from a left position on gun control. However, amending your platform to center-left?" Things like that.

I think it should also have a setting where the delegates act unpredictably and can change their favour or be swayed, and in some cases the CONVENTION, not the nominee decides the veep, but the nominee can sway and influence that choice, to allow for pre-1960's-1970's conventions more accurately Although, again ,that should be an optional setting.