270soft Forum
Dallas

Alabama Gubernatorial 2018

20 minutes ago, Dallas said:

I went back and changed the coordinate. Some of the others are not letting my click on them. Which may also explain the errors I was getting. Thanks.

This tends to happen on custom maps for some reason. The application seems to not detect the boundaries in the BMP image, so you end up with a myriad of fragmented regions and conflicts. When this happens, I go open the image in Photoshop and strengthen the boundaries, but sometimes the stroke required to get it right is far above the 1 pixel suggested in the game. 

Strange.

Thanks. I will look into it- going to see who can help tackle this problem before I move on. It took awhile to add all the regions, almost accurate data and add coordinates for each region.

Don Siegelman gets out of prison and I believe he's constitutionally eligible for one more term..given that he's very very VERY desperate and ambitious for power I'd throw him in the mix just for the hell of it.

Update: Anthony helped me figure out the issue. Seems like the Libertarian candidate/party is conflicting with something, causing map errors. I am going forward and beginning to add candidates. Starting with Republicans. With that said, feel free to suggest attributes.

Candidates looking to add first:

• Chief Justice Roy Moore
  • Attorney General Luther Strange
  • Huntsville Mayor Tommy Battle
  • Congresswoman Martha Roby
  • Agriculture Commissioner John McMillan

Description for Roy Moore:

Roy Moore is the current Chief Justice of the Alabama Supreme Court. Elected since 2001, Moore has been involved in several controversies, ranging from the "10 Commandments" to suspension from his position. Despite this, the coverage has helped him become one of Alabama's most well known officials. Now, Moore is not running for re-election to the Alabama Supreme Court, instead seeking to become the next governor of Alabama. With the highest name recognition of any potential candidate and support of religious conservatives, can Moore win the primary and advanced into the general election?

Here is a teaser! The current Republican primary. Just finished adding 9 candidates- which took quite awhile.

Screenshot_57.png

Looks awesome! :)

Moore 2018!

So, for the Democratic candidates, I really do not know many prominent Democrats considering to run. I found a article published two years ago, throwing out names. Though, besides that- nothing. I am thinking of adding "Starling" a...self proclaimed "drag queen" that got attention for opposing Roy Moore. If anyone has ideas, leave them here.

I have edited vice-leaders, and several more things. Added a Democratic candidate. And given that in Alabama, Democrats do not find much "hold", the choices to pick from will be smaller. Until I can come across more recent info. At least 20 or so potential Republicans. 3 potential Democrats. For now, I will only include 9 Republicans and 3 Democrats. Maybe add a Libertarian.

Sounds good to me. James Folsom Jr. could try to regain his old office. ;) 

Problem with a 3rd party- past several election, no third party (Libertarian or Green) made it on the general election ballot. Not sure what to do about a 3rd party.

I had suggested Barkley as an Independent (he's mentioned an ambition to run). I don't personally know of anyone else in Alabama who'd run outside the two main parties, off-hand.

I forgot- thanks for reminding me! Instead of having a Libertarian Party, I will replace with Independent and include Charles.

I also included what he actually did say of a potential platform in one interview a couple years ago in a post I'd made in this thread above, but it may have been missed during the technical discussion about fixing the county borders on the map. it's not complete, but it's something to build a candidate on, I suppose.

I am adding him now. Also, any suggestions for primary delegates? I have the general election covered, however. The Republicans have over 4,000+ and the Democrats having 12,000+ is not very great.

For my Kentucky governor scenario, I used the number of people that voted in the primary and looked at the hundreds and thousands places.  So if 1,547 people voted in the Republican primary, then I put it at 15 delegates. If there were 1,567 people, then I would put it at 16 delegates.

Hey everyone. This is still something I am working on. With Anthony's help, a problem has been identified. This problem has candidates flags, when near the top of the map, disappearing off the map. Meaning several errors are coming up.

If I am not mistaken, the next patch should have this issue fixed, through a tune in the game engine. Once issue is fixed, then a release will follow shortly after. 

Current playthrough! 

Moore was the early favorite. He dropped 10 points in the polls, and now Strange is the favorite.

Playing as Battle, I am building up a grassroots operation in North Alabama, soon going to expand efforts south.

Screenshot_63.png

The current Democratic primary. Very competitive! 

Screenshot_62.png

1 minute ago, JohnnyK said:

God dang that's a lot of counties

And it took a lot of time to implement! I am glad to be done with it. The county part anyway. Also, going to see about working to get the clutter out of the way. 

2 minutes ago, JohnnyK said:

Yes those take a long time, lot of patience bravo! :) 

Do you have the latest sneak peak installed? The scenario currently only works with that specific version, as a game engine fix has been implemented. May release scenario tonight.

Just now, JohnnyK said:

Yes I have it installed it should work on older versions though, if not then Mac users won't be able to play your scenario

The problem is that the candidates flag, towards the top, would cause violation errors by going off the map. Anthony mentioned that it is a game engine error. Fixed in the latest sneak peak. It works in the sneak peak. Other versions- it will not.

This will be a challenge, for those looking at trying to best the Republican in Alabama! 

Screenshot_64.png