270soft Forum
Dallas

Alabama Gubernatorial 2018

Hello everyone! I mentioned that soon after the release of the next update (released RIGHT NOW), I will also have this up for download. Working on it now! Version 2.4.1 is required to play the scenario, due to a engine bug found in earlier versions. Will post link when I have it uploaded!

My scenario is up. Tagging all that have posted in this thread. @Patine @Conservative Elector 2 @Reagan04 @TheMiddlePolitical @Zach @daons@Johnathan Kudelka @arjavrawal @jvikings1

http://campaigns.270soft.com/2016/09/26/alabama-gubernatorial-2018/

Thanks! :)

Thank you! :) 

On 8/29/2016 at 11:12 AM, Dallas said:

This will be a challenge, for those looking at trying to best the Republican in Alabama! 

Screenshot_64.png

how about NO! #NoToMoore

Moore, Strange and Roby are the top 3 in my play-through.

Screenshot_67.png

@Dallas

It looks good so far. Some advice, though:

Issues relating to the War on Terror, military intervention and funding, national security, and even Social Security should be replaced with issues endemic or parochial to Alabama as a state (advice I give to all gubernatorial scenarios, given constitutional jurisdictions, or, in the case of Social Security, which is not explicitly covered by the Constitution, has been a strictly federal endeavor since FDR started it).

Immigration should be reworded to deal with how welcoming and attempting at integration (or not) a candidate, how well state services deal with language other the English or cultures other than Christian Anglo-Saxon (I recall a debate in Alabama, actually, where the driver's test was in 16 possible languages, including Farsi, before it was cut down to just English in 2010, I think), and Affirmative Action (or not), etc., as opposed to deportation, border security, amnesty programs, walls on borders, etc. (again, jurisdiction).

There's county that shows a tie color (white), but gives an error when you click on it (Marion County, I think).

Barkley's platform looks like a typical Republican one. As far as I know, he has a hybrid platform, being mostly socially conservative and laissez-faire economics, but supporting building neglected infrastructure (schools, roads, youth support programs) and cutting down on perceived "police brutality."

That's my initial advice from the first turn. Make of it what you will.

56 minutes ago, Patine said:

@Dallas

It looks good so far. Some advice, though:

Issues relating to the War on Terror, military intervention and funding, national security, and even Social Security should be replaced with issues endemic or parochial to Alabama as a state (advice I give to all gubernatorial scenarios, given constitutional jurisdictions, or, in the case of Social Security, which is not explicitly covered by the Constitution, has been a strictly federal endeavor since FDR started it).

Immigration should be reworded to deal with how welcoming and attempting at integration (or not) a candidate, how well state services deal with language other the English or cultures other than Christian Anglo-Saxon (I recall a debate in Alabama, actually, where the driver's test was in 16 possible languages, including Farsi, before it was cut down to just English in 2010, I think), and Affirmative Action (or not), etc., as opposed to deportation, border security, amnesty programs, walls on borders, etc. (again, jurisdiction).

There's county that shows a tie color (white), but gives an error when you click on it (Marion County, I think).

Barkley's platform looks like a typical Republican one. As far as I know, he has a hybrid platform, being mostly socially conservative and laissez-faire economics, but supporting building neglected infrastructure (schools, roads, youth support programs) and cutting down on perceived "police brutality."

That's my initial advice from the first turn. Make of it what you will.

Thanks for this. Yes, I planned to at some point, take a look through the issues and makes them more local. Will take a look at the country you are referring to.

@Patine I just checked out the county, Marion. I clicked on it, played a round- no error. Very weird. Are you on the 2.4.1 version released yesterday?

26 minutes ago, Dallas said:

@Patine I just checked out the county, Marion. I clicked on it, played a round- no error. Very weird. Are you on the 2.4.1 version released yesterday?

That must be it! I got the link in my email, but haven't installed it yet.

1 minute ago, Patine said:

That must be it! I got the link in my email, but haven't installed it yet.

A bug in the game's engine was giving off tons of errors prior to 2.4.1 Let me know if you still get the error with the latest update.

1 hour ago, victor1313 said:

hi dallas you like continue to edit my texas scenario??

I am not aware of your scenario. 

1 hour ago, victor1313 said:

if like talk private and

Yes, send me a message.

Even though Moore starts off with a decent lead, anyone can still come out on top. In this case, Roby (my candidate) is now in first place.

Screenshot_68.png

Update to come later this week/early next week. My plan is to go up by .1. So, we are sitting at 1.0. The version I am working on will be 1.1. Then 1.2 and so on. Hoping by the time update 1.5 rolls around, I can take a look at the issues and possibly re-work them to fit the scenario.

16 hours ago, Dallas said:

Update to come later this week/early next week. My plan is to go up by .1. So, we are sitting at 1.0. The version I am working on will be 1.1. Then 1.2 and so on. Hoping by the time update 1.5 rolls around, I can take a look at the issues and possibly re-work them to fit the scenario.

Sounds good! Good luck with it!

Fixed:

Barkely's VP Photos. Changed from "Alabama Libertarian Party" to "Alabama Independent Party", temporarily. 

New Interviewers (due to being at the state level, I included TV stations:

1. AL Reporter
  2. Left In Alabama
  3. WHNT 19
  4. WBRC- FOX 6
  5. ABC 30/44
  6. Newsmax

New Endorsers:

1. Alabama Retail Association
  2. Home Builders Association Of Alabama
  3. Alabama Association Of Realtor
  4. Associated Builders and Contractors Of Alabama
  5. Tea Party Patriots Of North Alabama

Huge thanks and credit it @daons for the map.

And @Patine for suggesting Charles Barkely and helping with information.

Version 1.1 has been uploaded!  You can find it here.

Hello everyone. A lot has happened in Alabama, during my very long break. We saw the appointment of Luther Strange to fill the vacant seat left by Jeff Sessions. We saw tensions heat up against Gov. Robert Bentley, who later resigned as a result of those tensions. We also gained a new governor, Kay Ivey, former Lt. Gov of Alabama. And just recently, the special election to fill Jeff Sessions seat has been moved up. On top of those exciting events, I am in the process of including Gov. Kay Ivey in the scenario, and making changes to ensure the scenario is ready for the popular vote update. I also hope to work on other projects, one that I will annouce very soon. Next update for this scenario will release on, or around the official update for the popular vote.