270soft Forum
CalebsParadox

Most Requested Feature of the Month Poll: July #2

Most Requested Feature of the Month President Infinity Poll: July #2  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What gameplay feature do you want most to see in President Infinity? (Pick ONLY 2)

• The ability to run as an independent/3rd party if you lose your party's nomination
    • More 3rd party candidates
    • Continuous election (Where you play a game in 2008 and then 2012 with the results reflected)
    • More candidacy diplomacy/revamped diplomacy
    • Allowing for historical presidential election circumstances as options for scenario creation
    • Optional regions, counties, and cities within states.
    • Minor platform shifts during debates, speeches, interviews, and the like to appease different branches of the party during primaries and after clinching the nomination
  2. 2. What minor feature do you want most to see in President Infinity? (Pick ONLY 3)

• Live primary results
    • GE % per candidate,not per party
    • PR added in General elections
    • More expansive candidate profiles
    • Congressional districts for Nebraska and Maine added
    • Stawpoll results for territories
    • Ability to choose a running mate before you clinch the nomination
    • Ability to talk about topics specifically in the debates and tone during rallies
    • Ability to suspend your campaign without dropping out.
  3. 3. What already planned feature do you want most to see in President Infinity?

• Favorability
    • Issue Spectrum and updated platforms
    • Voting Blocs

Make sure to vote and comment if there's anything you'd like to see added for next month!

Sorry, I had to choose 4 for Minor Features. Too hard to choose just three.

@QuickHead555

Fair enough, I must say that the ability to run as an independent/3rd party if you lose your party's nomination is what I'm hoping gets implemented the most :) 

I do too. I'd love to screw over Trump and have him loose the election because Kasich left..

@QuickHead555

Kasich was my man to win :( 

If this is added, he's gonna spoil this election so much for Trump it'll be ridiculous :P 

Wow, live primary results is doing a lot better then it did in the last poll.

I feel like you can already break off and run as a third party. You can basically create a party in the campaign editor and play as both the candidates( which are the same exact person just with different id codes) in the major party and the 3rd party and if you don't win the majot=r party, you can withdraw from that and play 3rdd party and if you do lose you can withdraw that candidate and play as the major party nominee. I did this where I played as Cruz and vied for the Republican ticket but also had a backup American Party where I ran unopposed and had the id of ted_cruz_2 and once I locked up the republican nomination I withdrew the American party, but if I had lost the republican nomination I could have withdrawn ted1 ad played as ted2 as the American Party, it takes a little extra work but if you want that ability more than live primary results i;m sure you are willing to go the extra mile.:lol:

And What are continuous elections?

It would be cool to have an election where Bernie ran 3rd party and Trump(after loosing in the primaries) ran third party.

Im suprised continuous election hasnt gotton more votes thats an awesome idea! Plus it will get us ready for the be a president game in a way

What is Continous elections?

30 minutes ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

Im suprised continuous election hasnt gotton more votes thats an awesome idea! Plus it will get us ready for the be a president game in a way

31 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

What is Continous elections?

Where you play a game in say 2008 and then 2012 with the results reflected. You won as McCain in 2008, and then you get to play 2012 with an incumbent McCain and full Democratic primary, with shifts in popularity based on the 2008 results. 

ok

I just had an idea for a feature. State endorsements.

I'm playing as Mike Huckabee and the only candidates left beside me, are Cruz and Trump. It's New York primary and Cruz is at about 18 % (2 % short of the threshold), I'm polling at 5 % and it would be very good to endorse Cruz in NY to hinder Trump from getting 95 more delegates. My goals now are to hinder Trump from getting a majority and a convention vote...

I like conservative electors idea; it very much happened with Cruz and Kasich this go around. On a different subject, I very much like the idea of dropping out and running 3rd party.

9 minutes ago, Dallas said:

I like conservative electors idea; it very much happened with Cruz and Kasich this go around. On a different subject, I very much like the idea of dropping out and running 3rd party.

I have a post about this above that allows for a campaign editor workaround until its added in-game you should check it out! B)

29 minutes ago, Dallas said:

On a different subject, I very much like the idea of dropping out and running 3rd party.

Yeah that's also on my list of most important issues. :)

19 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

I have a post about this above that allows for a campaign editor workaround until its added in-game you should check it out! B)

Oh yeah I will do. :)

Btw I don't know if the option of watching the election, if you lose and not running third party is already included in the first question of the poll. If not I would love that too, although I think I would most likely run as an independent. :D

On 7/17/2016 at 8:04 PM, CalebsParadox said:

Make sure to vote and comment if there's anything you'd like to see added for next month!

Make sure for the next poll you add, "play as your parties leader if you fail the Primaries", that's one of my #1 features.

You can already do that in the newest sneak peek!

It would be great to have a chance of the delegates create a minority report and then they vote on rules, which could possibly unbind the delegates. You'd have to please delegates beforehand, in-case there's a second ballot, or the delegates get unlocked.

Head to Head polls! :) (rep vs rep) (dem vs dem) (rep vs dem) (etc)

Now I really wish that you/ other people could endorse someone in a state so they can stop someone from becoming the nominee. I was so close to stopping Trump, after a surprise win in California and New Mexico, it left Trump with 1250 delegates..

Head to head % (rep vs rep) (dem vs dem)  (rep vs dem) (etc) this would go with GE % by canidate not party,and favorability. :)