270soft Forum

2015 Kentucky Gubernatorial Election - A Time of Change

jvikings1

3 hours ago, SirLagsalott said:

Game just crashes during the Curtis convention. The voting for his primaries need to take place before the convention. It causes Curtis to just get eliminated immediately because no delegates were allocated in primaries.

I'll get this fixed.  I wish Independents would be updated in order to not require a primary setting.

20 minutes ago, SirLagsalott said:

The popular vote in that county for the general election worked fine. The primaries only had 12 voters in the county. I believe it was Jefferson County.

That's weird.  I will check that out and fix it.

4 hours ago, SirLagsalott said:

Popular vote was just added in the recent update. I recommend that you update this for that.

I am attempting the Rosier challenge right now.

It is only a sneak peak.  It hasn't been added to the full version yet.

Curtis' color has been changed to the grey that is commonly used by pure independents.  Also, the entire state house has been added to the endorser list.  Next, I will add the state senate into the endorser list.

• 2 months later...

Update:

Endorsers have been slightly updated

Modified existing endorsers

Added 10 out of 38 (EDIT: not 36) members of the state senate as endorsers

56 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

Update:

Endorsers have been slightly updated

Modified existing endorsers

Added 10 out of 36 members of the state senate as endorsers

Did you end up including Ashley Judd as a what-if Democratic "celebrity" candidate, given she was courted as such in the 2014 Senatorial race?

10 minutes ago, Patine said:

Did you end up including Ashley Judd as a what-if Democratic "celebrity" candidate, given she was courted as such in the 2014 Senatorial race?

I'll add her once I get the main features completed.  I have other what-if candidates in the game already, but I have to set percentages for them all.

I've added 10 more state senators as endorsers (puts me at 20 of 38 (EDIT: not 36))

I've also added Ashley Judd to the candidates list (as the other what-if candidates are, percentages still have to be set)

Once I add the remaining 16 state senators as endorsers, I'll upload the update.

@Patine, I know there is an economics issue with it being a local election (ads are too op because fundraising is too high).  Would it be possible for you to help me put with that?

1 minute ago, jvikings1 said:

I've added 10 more state senators as endorsers (puts me at 20 of 36)

I've also added Ashley Judd to the candidates list (as the other what-if candidates are, percentages still have to be set)

Once I add the remaining 16 state senators as endorsers, I'll upload the update.

@Patine, I know there is an economics issue with it being a local election (ads are too op because fundraising is too high).  Would it be possible for you to help me put with that?

I think you can edit the price of ads (at least as a co-efficient) by directly editing the ads.xml file manually. At least you could in the Forever Games. I have yet to actually try it in any of the Infinity games, but I notice the same file still exists.

On ‎2017‎-‎07‎-‎21 at 4:03 PM, jvikings1 said:

I've added 10 more state senators as endorsers (puts me at 20 of 36)

Is Allison Grimes a what-if (or an actual RL competitor)?

9 hours ago, Patine said:

Is Allison Grimes a what-if (or an actual RL competitor)?

What if.  She ran for re-election for the position of Secretary of State (it was actually pretty close [2.3%] considering the Republican, Steve Knipper, had very little name recognition.  Although, she is term limited and cannot run for reelection in 2019, si it will be interested which direction she goes.

The update has been released.  The entire state senate has been added to the endorsers list.  Some events have been added.  Ashley Judd has been added (her percentages, like the other what-ifs, have not been set yet).  A few modifications have been done on the interviewers.

Archived