270soft Forum

2015 Kentucky Gubernatorial Election - A Time of Change

jvikings1

I am working on a scenario for the 2015 Kentucky governor's race.  I was hoping for suggestions on how to set the delegates and EVs so that the game would be playable.

I'd give for every e.g. 10.000 or 5.000 inhabitants of a county 1 EV. That could be an adjustable idea. :)

I believe in my two Washington Gubernatorial (2008 and 2012) and two Washington Senatorial (2010 and 2012) scenarios back for P4E2008, I gave one "virtual EV" for every 4000 inhabitants within each county, rounded down. I believe I also repeated that for my Connecticut, Delaware, and Florida Senatorial 2010 scenarios at about the same time, though that did lead to very large numbers of virtual EV's in the Florida one.

Awesome! If you need any help let me know,and i use 10k per ev for my state scenarios :)

Perhaps Rand Paul as an off candidate? :)

What about Wynona Ryder as a "what-if" celebrity candidate who attempts to run for the Democratic nomination. I recall she was speculated, or attempted to be coaxed to run, as such in the 2014 Senatorial Election.

I know that Ashley Judd almost ran for Senate in '14.  I do not have her in it currently but she will probably be added after I finish the scenario.

I didn't know you could make gubernatorial races in this game.

• 9 months later...

I have been working on this off and on, but it is taking a while (mostly because of the number of countries - 120).  If someone would like to help with the countries, that would be great.  Once the countries are done, I can fill in the polls.  Plus, this could be used to create other elections such as the 2014 Senate election which got interesting or 1984 which was extremely close (and was McConnell's first victory). The 2008 Senate election is another good one where McConnell faced a tough challenge.

3 hours ago, jvikings1 said:

I have been working on this off and on, but it is taking a while (mostly because of the number of countries - 120).  If someone would like to help with the countries, that would be great.  Once the countries are done, I can fill in the polls.  Plus, this could be used to create other elections such as the 2014 Senate election which got interesting or 1984 which was extremely close (and was McConnell's first victory). The 2008 Senate election is another good one where McConnell faced a tough challenge.

A lot of the counties have almost next to no people I've heard. I read an article by a columnist in Lexington saying that Kentucky, of all US states, could really use a clean-up of it's number of counties as many barely (or even really don't) justify their existence administratively, but only by "historical precedent."

29 minutes ago, Patine said:

A lot of the counties have almost next to no people I've heard. I read an article by a columnist in Lexington saying that Kentucky, of all US states, could really use a clean-up of it's number of counties as many barely (or even really don't) justify their existence administratively, but only by "historical precedent."

Ya, counties got out of control when Kentucky was new.  People wouldn't want to be a part of one county so they would break off and create their own county.  And since this was allowed for, it got out of hand.

41 minutes ago, Patine said:

12 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

Ya, counties got out of control when Kentucky was new.  People wouldn't want to be a part of one county so they would break off and create their own county.  And since this was allowed for, it got out of hand.

100% in MD there are 6 million people (just recently broke that figure) and only 24 counties. In KY there are 4.4 mil and 120 (If memory serves) counties!

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, jvikings1 said:

http://campaigns.270soft.com/2017/04/05/kentucky-2015-governor-election/

The basic version is done.  I will need to include endorsers, work on the what-if candidates, put in more events, and add more interviewers.

Is Drew Curtis (listed as other in the scenario description) a formal Independent, or are they (it's hard to tell gender with the name 'Drew' nowadays) Libertarian, Constitution, Green, or an effective Republican or Democrat, but not running under that label on the ballot, or something else?

9 hours ago, Patine said:

Is Drew Curtis (listed as other in the scenario description) a formal Independent, or are they (it's hard to tell gender with the name 'Drew' nowadays) Libertarian, Constitution, Green, or an effective Republican or Democrat, but not running under that label on the ballot, or something else?

He ran as an Independent.

Also, I didn't do anything with the electoral vote numbers since @admin_270 has stated that popular vote should be coming very soon.  When playing before that feature comes out, ignore the electoral vote number and focus on popular vote.

Challenges:

1. Win the primary as Geoff Young and 2. win the general election after that.

1. Win the primary as Robert Lee Rosier and 2. win the general election after that

and

Win the general Election as Drew Curtis

If anyone if able to accomplish any of these, post them here

Game just crashes during the Curtis convention. The voting for his primaries need to take place before the convention. It causes Curtis to just get eliminated immediately because no delegates were allocated in primaries.

EDIT: Also, please fix popular votes for primaries. There's one county that has 351 (around there, I forget the exact number) and only 12 people in it. This causes many weird issues, because one person dictates 32 delegates. I could go from controlling all of them to none of them in one day.

1 hour ago, SirLagsalott said:

Game just crashes during the Curtis convention. The voting for his primaries need to take place before the convention. It causes Curtis to just get eliminated immediately because no delegates were allocated in primaries.

EDIT: Also, please fix popular votes for primaries. There's one county that has 351 (around there, I forget the exact number) and only 12 people in it. This causes many weird issues, because one person dictates 32 delegates. I could go from controlling all of them to none of them in one day.

If a county with 12 people has 351 delegates, where do the other delegates get drawn from, as I thought party convention delegates were supposed to come locally?

1 hour ago, Patine said:

If a county with 12 people has 351 delegates, where do the other delegates get drawn from, as I thought party convention delegates were supposed to come locally?

The popular vote in that county for the general election worked fine. The primaries only had 12 voters in the county. I believe it was Jefferson County.

Archived