270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MattyN

Favorite User-Made Scenario

wow ! there are so many good ones! Crazy Tom's Euro scenerios are a blast and Keiron's histocials ones are great (ish) - lazy in parts. HRC has done some goodies too!

not to toot my own horn, but just as a personal thing, making 1800 was the most informative history-wise (1912 being second). I spent hours, days, researching that election's issues (only to be foiled by the game engines limitations!!!) not that issues or issue positions even matter at all - could be isssues numeral 1-18 and postions number 1-5, and the game would playout the same!

anyway, learned a bunch about our Democracy and its foundation that 'Mr Wells' didn't teach me in high school. Civil War had its roots way back then, it did.

which is cool, yes? I've tried to approach the historical scenerios that way, with a sense of history and trying, modestly, to incorporate wee bits of educational material into the game itself (most of which I learn at the time).

Maybe Tony and the gang could do just that, eh? Sell P4E as an eduational tool?

but, anyway, to answer the question - 1860 all around was sweet, and damned hard too!

[...] I've tried to approach the historical scenerios that way, with a sense of history and trying, modestly, to incorporate wee bits of educational material into the game itself (most of which I learn at the time).

Maybe Tony and the gang could do just that, eh? Sell P4E as an eduational tool?

I like to consider it that too. I like the historical scenarios aiming at realism the most for that reason too. Obviously, as a Dane, I don't have half the background information you lot have, but I tend to find out how the election I'm playing went in real-life, to compare that with my own performance and I often end up reading about the important issues etc. in the election too.

An educational tool? Maybe to those with the interest, yes (like social science classes). Isn't one of the election games on the-underdogs.org that actually started out as 'edutainment'?

President Forever needs to become more complex and information packed if it should be considered for educational purposes.

Any of you ever tried any games by Paradox Entertainment/Interactive, ie Europa Universalis I/II, Hearts of Iron, Victoria, Crusader Kings, etc? Such titles have beem used by classrooms.

Favorite User-Made Scenarios:

The Wedge - 2008 - This is such an interesting idea. A strong third party movement in 2008, with backing from former first-party candidates. I love the idea, and I love the scenario.

Ultimate 2008 - The candidate selection is worth the price of admission :P

But seriously, this scenario has the largest and best selection of candidates I've seen in a scenario. Awesomely done.

2004 - Third Party Battle - With the help of Simon Vallée for the electoral trend file, this scenario has become one of my favorites. I don't mean to toot my own horn, but it makes the 2004 scenario new with a completely different cast of "characters," you know what I mean?