270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Conservative Elector 2

Political events in Austria

2 hours ago, victor1313 said:

lol very bad results.... hi you continue to make maps of PI?? if have time i like this to create scenarios with your(or not)

Yeah but university keeps me busy, I didn't play for several weeks... But I created already Austrian scenarios. :) 

http://campaigns.270soft.com/2016/01/24/austria-2004-2010-and-2016/

http://campaigns.270soft.com/2016/02/24/austria-1998-beta/

I don't know much about Austrian politics, but that Hofer guy comes off as a right-wing extremist. I'm not sure if that's a true estimation or not. 

Now, the question is, what happens if the Freedom Party wins the next parliamentary elections?

27 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I don't know much about Austrian politics, but that Hofer guy comes off as a right-wing extremist. I'm not sure if that's a true estimation or not.

Heinz-Christian Strache, the Freedom Party parliamentary leader, wants to put EU membership to a referendum (a Brexit-type thing), wants to severely limit immigration, even banning people from Islamic countries, deporting foreign-born residents (even if naturalized) who are convicted of a felony, strictly use German as the only language of business and government, refuse to allow Turkey to join the EU (assuming they stay), recriminalize homosexual behaviour and abortion, and he considers Israel's Likud and the US' Tea Party as kindred political groups outside Europe, from an article I read on him two years. I'm imagining Hofer toes that party line. I hope that helps a bit to clarify...

37 minutes ago, vcczar said:

You might be right (not ''worse'' than Trump), but it's not that horrible like it's portrayed by left-wing media. They fear a new dictator... 

35 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

Now, the question is, what happens if the Freedom Party wins the next parliamentary elections?

That will be interesting. VdB doesn't want a FP chancellor, even if the people vote that way...

7 minutes ago, Patine said:

Heinz-Christian Strache, the Freedom Party parliamentary leader, wants to put EU membership to a referendum (a Brexit-type thing), wants to severely limit immigration, even banning people from Islamic countries, deporting foreign-born residents (even if naturalized) who are convicted of a felony, strictly use German as the only language of business and government, refuse to allow Turkey to join the EU (assuming they stay), recriminalize homosexual behaviour and abortion, and he considers Israel's Likud and the US' Tea Party as kindred political groups outside Europe, from an article I read on him two years. I'm imagining Hofer toes that party line. I hope that helps a bit to clarify...

Thank you, that sums it up pretty well. :)

Finally President Van der Bellen was inaugurated today.