Sign in to follow this  
SaskGuy

Saskatchewan - 2016

Saskatchewan - 2016

Beta 1.0.0 for Prime Minister - Infinity Canada

http://imgur.com/a/Cl3tn

Upcoming features:

- Detailed Bios & Election Summary

- Additional Issues (Personal Tax, Regina Bypass, Film Industry, Agriculture, Oil Industry)

- First Nations issue to be broken into multiple issues

- Health Care to be broken into multiple issues

- More scripted events

- More endorsers

- Tweaks and fixes to funding/percentages

Try it out here:

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=41020233059225560753

I promise I will actually finish this one...and update 2003, 2007, and 2011 to work as well.

Constructive feedback is appreciated.

I will definitely try this out, as Saskatchewan is my most favorite Canadian province. :) Thanks!

I downloaded the scenario not noticing who made it, but once I saw the logos, maps, etc., I knew it had to be Saskguy. Going back many years, he's the best I've seen when it comes to those items. I struggled for two years trying to make a map of Cape Breton, but couldn't figure it out, so I asked Saskguy for help, and the next day I had the map. As for the scenario, I never really played it yet, just clicked through but it looks pretty good.

A quick question for Saskguy. I've tried playing around with the campaign editor, and the current version doesn't allow for the fundamental regions to be removed yet, and was wondering how you created a scenario with 17 regions. The Canada scenarios have 19 regions, and using that as a guide, I can't seem to have less than that number. I was wanting to try a scenario with 8 regions. Did you manually remove them, because when I do that, I just keep messing the whole thing up. I asked this a while go in another thread but got no response, so I figured I would ask you since you seem to have done what I was wanting to do. Thanks.

Question, Caper08, is there some Cape Breton local council election of some sort you were trying to do there, or was it a fictitious scenario based on the movement to make Cape Breton Island a separate province from Nova Scotia (or something way different, like the old Cape Breton Colony Legislative Council of 1784-1820, which I don't think was historically elected in it's day, but could be fictionalized), or a fictitious Republic of Cape Breton island or some such)?

Question, Caper08, is there some Cape Breton local council election of some sort you were trying to do there, or was it a fictitious scenario based on the movement to make Cape Breton Island a separate province from Nova Scotia (or something way different, like the old Cape Breton Colony Legislative Council of 1784-1820, which I don't think was historically elected in it's day, but could be fictionalized), or a fictitious Republic of Cape Breton island or some such)?

Love your scenario ideas. :)

Actually, they're not my ideas - I'm asking if they were his plans for that map, and if so, which ones he had (or was going to) pursue.

Hi Patine, I'm good at coming up with ideas, not so great when I try to put them together. My idea at the time was Cape Breton as a province, starting with 2006 election. I came up with 26 ridings, a lot of candidates and leaders, but never came up with a campaign that was any good or one that was anywhere close to being finished. Same thing with Maritime Union, I've been throwing that idea around going back to the early days of this forum. So basically, I'm just playing around with the campaign editor, not creating anything that would be worth posting.

1.1 Beta - April 22nd 2016

All scenarios

- Cleaned up coding in: ads.xml, events.xml, issues.xml, parties.xml, percentages.xml, political_units.xml, relations.xml, scenario.xml

- Party funding updated

- Refreshed all logos with consistent spacing and sizing

- New scenario graphics

- Set ridings to final result; percentages between Saskatchewan Party and New Democratic Party randomized +/- 3% in 2016 & 2003

- Riding populations set to 1/61 (2016) or 1/58 (2011, 2007, 2003) of projected Saskatchewan population at each election

- Eligible voters set to 1/61 (2016) or 1/58 (2011, 2007, 2003) of registered voters at each election

- Proper parties set in "<seat incumbent_party="">" in all ridings to show proper swing and seats won in previous elections

- Tuned 'leaning' and 'committed' voters to better reflect party popularity per region

- Tuned candidate strengths to better reflect party oganization per region, based on party results in each election

- Cabinet minsters and party leader info has been added to ridings as accurately as possible with high score bonuses for their re-election or defeat - still needs work

- Formulas set to create initial funds for each party based on party and leader attributes

- Ad costs set proportionally to year of election, based on 2016 = 100% cost

Saskatchewan - 2016

- Set ridings to final result; percentage shifted Saskatchewan Party -3%, New Democratic Party +3% to reflect polling at beginning of campaign

- Universal alienated set to 43% to reflect 57% turnout - voter turnout matches within 2,000 votes of actual turnout

- Independent candidates added

Saskatchewan - 2011

- Set ridings to final result

- Universal alienated set to 34% to reflect 66% turnout - voter turnout matches within 2,000 votes of actual turnout

- Independent candidate added

Saskatchewan - 2007

- Set ridings to final result

- Universal alienated set to 24% to reflect 76% turnout - voter turnout matches within 2,000 votes of actual turnout

- Marijuana Party added

Saskatchewan - 2003

- Set ridings to final result; percentage shifted Saskatchewan Party +3%, New Democratic Party -3% to reflect polling at beginning of campaign

- Universal alienated set to 29% to reflect 71% turnout - voter turnout matches within 2,000 votes of actual turnout

- Independent candidates added

Upcoming changes:

- Election-specific issues in addition to generic all-election issues

- 1991, 1995, 1999

- Tweaks and fixes

Great scenario, thanks! This is just as good as those Premier Forever games a while back!

Though when I try to access the leaders page of the Campaign Editor, it crashes and I can't edit it properly. I get this error...

sask.png

Could this be fixed?

9 minutes ago, lok1999 said:

Could you reupload this?

the link only lasted for 100 days.

I don't think SaskGuy has posted for a while, so, if you PM me your email address (or just AN email address you use), I'll send it to you. I'll also get back to that map when RL allows a big chunk of free time, which I'm hoping is soon, and I'll send that to that email address too, when it's finished.

On 12/27/2016 at 8:51 PM, Patine said:

I don't think SaskGuy has posted for a while, so, if you PM me your email address (or just AN email address you use), I'll send it to you. I'll also get back to that map when RL allows a big chunk of free time, which I'm hoping is soon, and I'll send that to that email address too, when it's finished.

can you please re-upload this campaign. I'm testing out the compatiblities between PMI - Canada and PMI - UK

3 minutes ago, republicaninnyc said:

can you please re-upload this campaign. I'm testing out the compatiblities between PMI - Canada and PMI - UK

Okay, I'm having trouble here. It seems the TheorySpark account to upload fan-made scenarios seems to be run separately from my forum account, and it demands cookies be enabled to access it. I have cookies turned off in my browser, and the process of allowing them for individual sites seems unnecessarily complicated and doesn't quite even make sense. :(

3 minutes ago, Patine said:

Okay, I'm having trouble here. It seems the TheorySpark account to upload fan-made scenarios seems to be run separately from my forum account, and it demands cookies be enabled to access it. I have cookies turned off in my browser, and the process of allowing them for individual sites seems unnecessarily complicated and doesn't quite even make sense. :(

upload it to the site that i uploaded my maps too which is http://www.files.com/ @Patine