270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheFlame8

Regional Party and Proportional Electoral

I see there's a -1 if you don't want a party to be regional. What do I put in if I want it to be regional and how would I implement that? Also, the proportional electoral option does not seem to be working.

I am also not sure what that option does, but you can turn parties off per region so they don't appear on the ballot, even when support might exist.

11 minutes ago, Lyly said:

I am also not sure what that option does, but you can turn parties off per region so they don't appear on the ballot, even when support might exist.

In PM4E and K4E (older TheorySpark game engines), if you set a party to "regional" (and then selected one of more regions), the party's polling, and effects of ads, barnstorming, and speeches, would be a bit stronger in those region(s), but highly restricted, even completely throttled, out of them, and regional specific endorsers had a higher chance of endorsing them, if I recall correctly. I don't know if this is still the case in PI, though.

39 minutes ago, Patine said:

In PM4E and K4E (older TheorySpark game engines), if you set a party to "regional" (and then selected one of more regions), the party's polling, and effects of ads, barnstorming, and speeches, would be a bit stronger in those region(s), but highly restricted, even completely throttled, out of them, and regional specific endorsers had a higher chance of endorsing them, if I recall correctly. I don't know if this is still the case in PI, though.

That'd be a nice PI and PMI feature.

I always wondered this, and I'm curious if there is indeed a way to implement this even if it means typing it manually into the scenario documents, or if it is effectively dead code that is present for later implementation.

@admin_270