270soft Forum

South Dakota - 2004 (Senate) Beta

Hi guys, :)

finally it is possible to play a South Dakota scenario. I know there are a lot of things to do (%s, population, what-if's,...), but hey it is now able to create your own SD scenario (you're allowed to use the map). I hope I can encourage you, to do so! :D Cheers!

Playable SD candidates:

• Tom Daschle
  • John Thune

Any feedback is welcome, thanks!

Luki

Ill do an election with Thune let you know how it goes!

Also hard at work at my PA gubernatorial give it a look :D

Results:

Daschle:335 EV 51.5%

Thune(me):238 EV 48.5%

This was unfortunate because 5 days before the election i was leading by 40 seats ran some adds added all rallys speaches and barnstorming the whole election also put strategy on a bunch of states i did 7 days a turn and it was one of the closest elections ive played every turn the lead would change great scenario :)!( i was depending on winning Lincoln lost it 20 ev,roberts i lost by 0.2% 10 ev,Ogola Lakota 13 ev,Kingbury 18 ev and a few little ones)-if i would of pulled thourgh with those would of won

something i would suggest in which i did with my Governor election is look up the populations put them for each counts and for every 10,000 population add an EV i suggest that :) great scenario however!

Also heres a 2010 scenario i suggest (from my results) for the 2010 SD senate(Unlike when thune one in 2004 and ran for re election in 2010 with no competition,Daschle winning in 2004 has competition for the 2010 senate race)

Democrats:Tom Daschle

Republicans:John Thune,Chris Lien(loser of 2008 SD h.o.r race)

Independents:Jack Billion(loser of 2008 SD Gubernatorial race,give him some good percentages to for a chance to win)(doesn't want to challenge Daschle in a primary.even though he is a democrat)

This would be great :)

Description:People decide to challenge Daschle for his ultra-liberal policies(South Dakota being a solid red state at this point) even though he ran saying he was center left,losing him some support in the process gives chances at challengers to take the senate seat.

Thanks for all feedback. I will try to make this happen as soon as possible. The county percentages and populations aren't accurate yet, but it will be done within a few days. I promise you. :)

I've already played you PA scenario. Well done! Santorum won once when I was the Libertarian candidate Ventura :D

Archived