270soft Forum
Dallas

Arizona- 2016 (Senate)

The scenario has been released! http://campaigns.270soft.com/2016/08/05/arizona-senate-2016/

Thanks to Conservative Elector 2 and his findings, I am in the early stages of updating the Arizona Senate 2016 scenario! After months of not updating, fixing and adding quality-of-life-improvements, I have decided to give it a go once more. My interest in this specific Senate race is based on the idea that long-time Senator John McCain (incumbent) has a very strong challenger, and could potentially be ousted. This creates a tense but fun state of affairs on the Republican side. And given McCain's low popularity, he could also cost the Republicans the seat- very exciting stuff! When all is said and done, I hope to include the following:

-Over 15 endorsers to pick from.

-4 candidate on the GOP side, 3 on the Democratic side and one Libertarian. Also room for more "What-Ifs"

-Many events

-Fledged out bios

-and more

Very excited to work with Conservative Elector 2 and kudos to the user who made the Arizona map! Shoutout to Anthony, Patine and vcczar for helping me fix an issue!

Screenshot_52.png

Ah yes, I remember the map now. The "RZ9392" in not a name of file storage or anything, it was a an old member of this community handle. He made that map for an Arizona Senate 2010 scenario he made in the day, if I recall correctly. He also made a map for a Nevada Senate 2010 scenario (which he never did finish), and made for me maps for a Connecticut Senate 2010 scenario (also never finished) and a Wisconsin State Senate 2010 (the very first Congress 2012, Congress Infinity's earlier version, scenario made on these forums using an alternate map from the Modern US map), which was VERY close to being finished before I got distracted by something and which, along with my US Senate 2006 scenario, I may ad the finishing touches to and release. Like the Treasurer of the PC, who I'd mentioned as the creator of the Austria map used recently by Conservative Elector 2 in his three Austria Presidential scenarios, among many other maps, party logos, and scenarios in the day, both very missed member of this community (at least to me, who remembers them).

Thanks for your appreciation! :D It will be an exciting scenario, so I am curious to play it. Cheers.

I am having issues with entering poll numbers for the primary, in this case, John McCain and Kelli Ward. Only allows me to enter the numbers for the general election and NOT get a error code.

Maybe I am doing something wrong? I changed the dates, but that should not affect the ability to create primary polls...any idea @anthony?

Progress is coming along, just went through and deleted many endorsements, changed dates on primary, etc. and trying to make decent pictures. The thing is, the poll numbers featured added recently seems bugged, but I may just end up manually entering the percentages for each region, and that is no problem :D

Good to hear that. :)

I hope to have a very early version of this up and ready to test next week, probably Monday or Tuesday. I think you guys will enjoy it as much as I have enjoyed making it.

That sounds really good. :) I am looking forward to play it. Cheers

Ok, thanks. I have to download it asap :D

Has anyone had a chance to try this out? Any feedback?

I would definitely argue for a spectator/third party, to watch the race without actually playing. :D I don't have other "complaints". :P

Do you plan to add more what-if candidates, if you have enough time? :) Would be cool, but is not that essentially. ^^

I am trying to find a way to reduce money raised from fundrasiing (McCain and Kirkpatrict should not have $30 million+) background fundrasising, and cost of everythings (ads, gorund game, etc.). I would like to add a third party at some point, but my main focus is on the two main parties, attempting to make each candidate different, and adding what ifs (Jan Brewer, Christine Jones). Much stuff to be added, and if I can get help with the things I described above, it would help very much.

Speaking of Third Parties, isn't there some notable Libertarian Party member (well, as notable as Third Party members often are) whose a perennial candidate in Arizona. I can't remember his name now. I believe he was a leading member of the private foundation that was promoting the 15th or 16th Amendment (the Income Tax one) being unconstitutional. Just a thought on that.

Also, I remember having definite with my old Washington State scenarios on ridiculous fundraising amounts. Mind, that was for P4E2008, and I can't remember how (or if) I fixed it, but I can take another look and see if I can figure something out (which may or may not apply to the PI engine, but it's worth a try).

@patine I played around with the coffiecents option in the editor, and changed advertisement prices in the XML files, but the fundraising, specifically unused resources and background fundraising, is too high I think for a Senate race. @conservativelector2 I will do my best with what-ifs. I added Matt Salmon to start, next is Christine Jones. Thanks for the help!

I actually made the costs higher...@Anthony what are the values do I need to edit, in the XML file for ads, to say, make targeting all districts with a TV ad $500,000? As well as any tips to successfully lowering these numbers to be more fitting for a Senate race.

There is a fundraising coefficient in the scenario xml.

Thank you. Somehow, when I was messing around in the ad xml. file, the costs of the ads running in districts went up, even though I lowered the number values.

I also need to lower background fundrasing to make it more releastic, including money raised from certain districts, two specfically.

I have been working on the next version, but not sure if it is good to release something that will say, cost $11 million to target all districts through ads...and I watered down the amount you get from fundrasing. What do you guys think? If anyone needs a version and maybe assist me with this issue, I would very much appricated and would help getting this scenario very realistic and faster paced releases.

Sorry I can't help you with that, but I look forward to the next version. :)

Thanks to Booth08 data, I was able to go from $11 million to almost $3 million (targeting all districts). I compared side by side, my data to Booth's, then adjusted mine how it would make sense after seeing how the "ad" XML file works. New version coming soon!

Ok cool! :D

Ill check it out! and post my results :D (give my 2006 pa gubernatorial a look)