270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
terrellk

2016 - Kasich/Webb

So I was reading this speculative article, which got me to thinking about a GOP third party challenge to Trump. The regular 2016 campaign includes a Bloomberg third party run, but the possibility of a Republican running against Trump seems more reasonable to me. I began working on a scenario that would feature John Kasich and Jim Webb both leaving their respective parties and launching an independent bid for moderate voters, but my scenario editing skills are garbage and it simply didn't work very well. If anyone else would be willing to take on this project, I would be happy to help you out with whatever information gathering you would need to do to make it fun and playable.

Neither Kasich nor Webb has charisma and neither have much name recognition in the country as a whole. If the GOP wishes to make that move then it'd have to be a Christie or a Rubio. Probably the former, actually, as he is a hyperbolic loudmouth and strong third-party candidates have tended to be hyperbolic loudmouths (think Perot, Wallace and TR).

@RobertFK: Was the Wallace you referred to as a 'hyperbolic loudmouth' Henry or George, or both? They both had Third Party bids...

When I first read that, I thought of George. :D