270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
the_rick87

Which one?

Do scenarios work on both the australian version or the canadian version? or does the canadian version just come with teh australian version so there is no point in buying the canadian version?

There's no point buying the Canadian version. If I remember correctly, Tony said somewhere that they're about to pull the Canadian version off the website, because the Australian version is an updated version.

The only scenarios that come with the Australian version are the latest elections for both countries, but all the scenarios on the website should work for both.

I have the Australian version, and it's better in all respects. Don't bother with the Canadian version.

Actually, it's quite the opposite. Tony stated that the 2 game were different. He might have said different after, but I recall asking him and he said to keep both. They have some differences (biggest one is that in Australia there's the "second-choice" votes).

Also, I'm not sure if it's still the case, but when one bought the Canadian version, the Australian one came free (probably the other way around too, but I'm not sure). So, most likely you'll get the other free anyway.

But if it's not the case and you must choose between the 2, then yeah, take the Australian one.

Hum, scew what I just said. Here's a reply that Tony made to another member on similar questions:

Hi Fokus,

Thanks for the feedback - it's noted. I believe most if not all of those typos were fixed in the PM Forever - Australia release, which also contains an updated version of the Canada 2004 scenario. This will become the official PM Forever - Canada version relatively soon as well (see below).

PM Forever - Canada was superseded by PM Forever - Australia, which contains the Canada 2004 scenario. PM Forever - Australia isn't in Beta, but a patch to v. 1.00.3 is a Beta patch. Pretty soon it will be released as a finalized patch, and once this happens the official Canada version will then be switched to use the Australia engine.

That President Forever is v. 1.15.7 and PM Forever - Australia is 1.00.3 doesn't indicate how advanced either game is, rather it indicates that President Forever has been changed quite a bit from when it was first released. In my opinion, the PM Forever - Australia engine is more advanced than the President Forever engine, however.

With the British version's release, the PM Forever engine will receive a significant upgrade.

Thanks again,

Anthony Burgoyne

80soft.com

softi80 Posted: Nov 18 2004, 06:23 AM

Also, the PM Forever - Australia version is sent out automatically, usually within 24 hours, and you don't need to send an e-mail to receive it. After reviewing the PM Forever - Canada product setup for our alternate online retailer (PayPal), I have noticed that the information specifying this wasn't included in the confirmation e-mail - it now is.

Thanks,

Anthony Burgoyne

80soft.com

Hope that helps