270soft Forum
MattyN

Feature You'd Most Like to See

@servo75

1. Leaders are automatically available as vice-leaders. Create a new leader, then make sure they are a possible vice-leader for the target leader.

2. Can you say more? You can already directly edit the XML which contains the relevant info, if desired, using an XML editor.

18 hours ago, admin_270 said:

@wolves

PR will probably be added to PI when a France 2017 campaign is added.

Good! Funny you say this because I wanted PR just so I could make a France 2017 scenario. I hope it comes soon.

Are we ever going to be able to change the saved games and campaigns folders?  It's annoying to have to use OneDrive for everything.

More involved debates, requiring the player to actually answer questions about policy and issues, and a penalty if answered wrong. debating skill effects question difficulty and/or hints. Also have the ability to go after issues in particular, like Bernie hitting Healthcare or Trump hitting Immigration.

15 hours ago, LokiLoki22 said:

More involved debates, requiring the player to actually answer questions about policy and issues, and a penalty if answered wrong. debating skill effects question difficulty and/or hints. Also have the ability to go after issues in particular, like Bernie hitting Healthcare or Trump hitting Immigration.

I agree fullheartedly. These debates shouldn't be cookie cutter either. Every choice should be 'right' in a way, with perhaps one of those textboxes when you float over the option that says something like this on choosing a pro environmental policy decision in a debate
+++Environmentalists 
++Conservationalists
+Liberals
--Free Traders
--Wealthy
-Conservatives

This way, we can pander towards certain voting blocs, but it will cost us. Perhaps if you were consistently pro fossil fuels, this same decision would be less effective, something like this: 
++Environmentalists 
+Conservationalists
---Free Traders
---Wealthy
--Conservatives

This way, it's more costly to flip flop, but it can still pay off at times. Thoughts @LokiLoki22?

8 hours ago, CalebsParadox said:

I agree fullheartedly. These debates shouldn't be cookie cutter either. Every choice should be 'right' in a way, with perhaps one of those textboxes when you float over the option that says something like this on choosing a pro environmental policy decision in a debate
+++Environmentalists 
++Conservationalists
+Liberals
--Free Traders
--Wealthy
-Conservatives

This way, we can pander towards certain voting blocs, but it will cost us. Perhaps if you were consistently pro fossil fuels, this same decision would be less effective, something like this: 
++Environmentalists 
+Conservationalists
---Free Traders
---Wealthy
--Conservatives

This way, it's more costly to flip flop, but it can still pay off at times. Thoughts @LokiLoki22?

I really like that, so that way debates let you branch out, but it can be costly. Maybe have your spin skill affect how your answers effect how people feel about it (how it is reported, how you tell it, etc?)

I would like to see STV added to the PMI games, because after I finish VIC 2014, I will be doing ACT 2016, which requires STV to work.

(Also, when you add PV, you'll have to allow toggles between Full and optional PV, because in Australia, we have to put a number in every box.)

I'd love Anthony to give an update on if he truly is going to include a france scenario in the future.

2 hours ago, wolves said:

I'd love Anthony to give an update on if he truly is going to include a france scenario in the future.

In my experience, most low-budget, small-exposure game companies are much more informal and hold far less tight schedules and deadlines. I give patronage to a number of other such companies as well, and have noticed the same trend.

5 hours ago, Patine said:

In my experience, most low-budget, small-exposure game companies are much more informal and hold far less tight schedules and deadlines. I give patronage to a number of other such companies as well, and have noticed the same trend.

Yeah, I'm not going against him for not releasing every week a new update, I love how cooperative he is with the playerbase, I just want to know if he plans to actually include the scenario as he said he was "considering" the last time we heard of it and I'm a big french politics guy and would love to make scenarios with the popular vote system (governorships would definitely be better)

2 hours ago, admin_270 said:

@wolves

I can say with about 99% certainty that direct pop. vote will be added. We have a France 2017 campaign that is being worked on by someone from France.

That directly answers what I wanted! Thank you.

@admin_270 I really enjoy everything you do. I am looking forward to all possible games. France, Be President, everything!

Unsure whether this has been brought up before but it would be very helpful if the 'universal shift' tool from President Infinity were added to the PMI games as well, where it would be even more useful, as it would save having to go through hundreds of different constituencies individually to amend support levels if you want to do a swing to one party, which is often too much effort to bother doing.

6 hours ago, JDrakeify said:

Unsure whether this has been brought up before but it would be very helpful if the 'universal shift' tool from President Infinity were added to the PMI games as well, where it would be even more useful, as it would save having to go through hundreds of different constituencies individually to amend support levels if you want to do a swing to one party, which is often too much effort to bother doing.

I agree. When Quebec swung to the BQ in 1993, for instance, only a few Liberal hardpoints withstood that initial storm - most of the province, especially outside the Montreal/West Island area, swung light-blue fast and hard.

If the election goes to The House for a decision, I'd like to see more than a screen come up with a seemingly random selection of the winner.  Show the House votes coming in state by state, and it should have something to do with party balance of the House, and maybe factors from the campaign too.

On 3/8/2017 at 9:42 PM, Reagan04 said:

@admin_270 I really enjoy everything you do. I am looking forward to all possible games. France, Be President, everything!

French presidential elections would be cool. I'd like to make some historical elections set during the French Revolution. 

This should not be your top priority, but if you ever get the chance to: do nationwide proportional representation. So we do scenarios such as the Israeli Knesset election of 2015. 

Also I would love to be able to form coalitions in PMI, since in one game I was Labour Party and managed to prevent the Conservative Party from gaining a majority, and felt confident I could've formed a government with SNP. 

8 minutes ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

This should not be your top priority, but if you ever get the chance to: do nationwide proportional representation. So we do scenarios such as the Israeli Knesset election of 2015. 

Also I would love to be able to form coalitions in PMI, since in one game I was Labour Party and managed to prevent the Conservative Party from gaining a majority, and felt confident I could've formed a government with SNP. 

With a French Election comes FPTP Popular Vote which will allow for more realistic governor elections and foreign elections abroad as well as referendum scenarios, for this reason, I disagree about it not being top priority.

I do feel like coalitions in PMI is definitely something that should be added, even if its a small window when you aren't guaranteed a majority, I had a similar situation with the Conservatives but I could have formed government with UKIP.