270soft Forum
MattyN

Feature You'd Most Like to See

Right now general elections are party-based so "Independent" is really a party, where in real life Independent candidates run without any party.  I'd like to see the ability to run any candidate as an independent, for example if you lose a primary, you have the option of running in the general as independent, or even start the campaign running someone from D or R as an independent.

1. Tutorial (A proper one)

2. Voter Turnout as an issue

3. More control in debates

4. Press Releases

5. "All publicity is good publicity"

2 hours ago, LokiLoki22 said:

1. Tutorial (A proper one)

2. Voter Turnout as an issue

3. More control in debates

4. Press Releases

5. "All publicity is good publicity"

#2 is a quick fix. Custom scenarios can add anything (with any stances along the spectrum) as issues, and even import their own issue icons, if you find (or make) an appropriate image, convert it to a bitmap format, and crop it to the right dimensions.

1 hour ago, Patine said:

#2 is a quick fix. Custom scenarios can add anything (with any stances along the spectrum) as issues, and even import their own issue icons, if you find (or make) an appropriate image, convert it to a bitmap format, and crop it to the right dimensions.

I meant trying to get greater numbers if your supporters to the polls than theirs. I didn't mean add it as an issue, but as a game mechanic. Sorry for my wording.

31 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

@victor1313

I'm not sure what you meant by 'desative' or 'colision', can you rephrase?

i talk about coalision option of partys its are good to others countrys election,are activate in campaign editor, and i like delegades of for this same motive

Just now, victor1313 said:

i talk about coalision option of partys its are good to others countrys election,are activate in campaign editor, and i like delegades of for this same motive

I think he misspelt 'coalition.'

Just now, victor1313 said:

yea i talk about coalition option

Which reminds me, in a similar vein to that, although US Presidential candidates are not typically members of coalition (the 1864 Lincoln-Johnson National Unity being somewhat of an exception), there have examples of cross-endorsement, where a party endorse another party's candidate rather than putting up of their own (like the Whigs endorsing Fillmore in 1856, the Populists and Silver Republicans endorsing Bryon Jennings in 1896, and the Populists doing so again in 1900, though Cleveland and his Gold Bourbon Democrats saw it the other way around, that is, the Democratic Convention endorsing the Populist candidate, but still), and such cross-endorsement is still an big thing in New York Gubernatorial Politics. Any possible way of duplicating this phenomenon at all in PI?

1 minute ago, Patine said:

Which reminds me, in a similar vein to that, although US Presidential candidates are not typically members of coalition (the 1864 Lincoln-Johnson National Unity being somewhat of an exception), there have examples of cross-endorsement, where a party endorse another party's candidate rather than putting up of their own (like the Whigs endorsing Fillmore in 1856, the Populists and Silver Republicans endorsing Bryon Jennings in 1896, and the Populists doing so again in 1900, though Cleveland and his Gold Bourbon Democrats saw it the other way around, that is, the Democratic Convention endorsing the Populist candidate, but still), and such cross-endorsement is still an big thing in New York Gubernatorial Politics. Any possible way of duplicating this phenomenon at all in PI?

i talk about this because i like more scenarios of others countrys to more realistic,example Poland,Brazil

7 minutes ago, victor1313 said:

i talk about this because i like more scenarios of others countrys to more realistic,example Poland,Brazil

I fully agree with that. It's just that, outside France, Poland, arguably Ukraine, South Korea, Taiwan, the US, and most Latin American nations, the Head-of-Government selected as the leader of the largest party or coalition in the national parliament is the apex executive role of power in countries with functional constitutional electoral systems, not a nationwide elected head-of-state, and thus games like PMI (which REALLY need MMP, PR, and STV options to REALLY run the proper gamut of such nations as a majority out there; the FPTP system only covers a minority of them today) would be much better suited in those cases.

@Patine

Re parties endorsing candidates not from that party, this would require looking carefully at exactly what happened. If it was done historically, it might be implemented if-when those historical campaigns are officially added to PI.

@Patine

PR is much closer to being implemented in PI now, and if it's implemented in PI, it is then much closer to being implemented in PMI. Preference voting also will probably be added to PMI.

Not really a feature, but the windowing design... the way that the main menu stays open in a separate window and can't be moved.  So if I have another window open at the same time (like notes I keep in Notepad) I have to close the campaign so I can move the main window out of the way.  This can be mildly annoying.

Ranked choice voting? I'd love to see that in real life, and though it's not realistic, it might be cool to experiment to see how that would turn out.

http://www.thelibertarianeducator.com/?p=85

Two things:

1. Ability to create a vice-leader by exporting a leader. We can do so in reverse right now.

2. Abiity to create or edit candidates quickly by importing .csv or text files instead of manually editing in-game.

Making scenarios around European Elections for fun really remind me how much I want popular vote added into PI.