270soft Forum

Feature You'd Most Like to See

That's a very good idea ryanm321. I would like that too. Perhaps it could be possible to name your cabinet members.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's a pretty cool idea! It would be fun connecting with other campaigners for a game.

Certainly, but it is important to make sure the candidates all have reasonable shot at the money... at least some shot... Romney should have the edge...but it shouldn't be impossible for other candida

Good idea! Maybe you could also throw in Vice Presidential Interviews... you how much damage those did to Sarah Palin in 2008... I'd also like to see some ads on the Veeps. I know the McCain campaig

Posted Images

I think this may have been mentioned on here years ago, but don't really want to go back through everything to find it, and it was mentioned in a way by Jestor, but I would love to have a career mode. Run for president, and then have 4 years of running the country leading into your reelection, and then 4 more years of running the country. It wouldn't necessarily have to be extremely in depth, knowing how difficult it would be to set up, but maybe just a 1 turn per month thing during your presidency until it's time to run for reelection.

Maybe even get more aggressive than that in a "career" mode - have detailed levels down to each state and start in a state of your choice running for Congressman, Senator, and/or Governor before moving on to the Presidency. Have a "national" sort of ticker that keeps track of trends (somewhat random) on the national level so that perhaps you need to decide do you run for that second term as governor to make yourself a better presidential candidate or run for the Presidency at that time because your party is on the upswing. Other candidates would affect this as well, with a good real example being Chris Christie - had he run in 2012 he probably stood a good chance to get the nod. Now, not so much.

Maybe even get more aggressive than that in a "career" mode - have detailed levels down to each state and start in a state of your choice running for Congressman, Senator, and/or Governor before moving on to the Presidency. Have a "national" sort of ticker that keeps track of trends (somewhat random) on the national level so that perhaps you need to decide do you run for that second term as governor to make yourself a better presidential candidate or run for the Presidency at that time because your party is on the upswing. Other candidates would affect this as well, with a good real example being Chris Christie - had he run in 2012 he probably stood a good chance to get the nod. Now, not so much.

Many moons ago there was a game called "Election Day" that was made by a professor named John Gastil. It was like that, where, you could save a candidate, and move up from School Board to President. Neat game, too bad it's been mothballed.

It's super hard to find, but it might be up your alley, if you can get your hands on it.

• 1 month later...

Add a description of what targeting and footsoldiers do for momentum, even I'm confused sometimes on that.

The primary voting percentages should have way more undecided voters especially in the D.

A high volume of undecided voters leads to awful voter turnout, I don't know your code so I don't know if this is a cosmetic bug or working as intended

An option to increase or decrease overall voter turnout.

Debate winners should get a MUCH greater modifier to momentum and/or overall vote gaining.

Not winning a debate or not placing in top 3 of 5 or 5 of 10 should kill national momentum.

Ads should affect momentum less, scandals should affect momentum more, policy speeches and staying in the news should affect momentum WAY more.

Celebrity endorsements such as actors, musicians, athletes, pope, etc. And union endorsements.

Perhaps a mini game of scripted answer choices in debates and interviews where a candidates stats play a role. Maybe some answers shift your platform for a few weeks or permanently. You could take this 100 directions with simple scripting..

Definitely expand the events to include random events with more lasting consequences

Add endorser's photos for more flavor

I've modded Paradox Interactive games with hours and hours of my free time, so any more modding options such as being able to edit game modifiers would be great :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Forgive me if this has already been brought up, but I really don't want to go through everything. I really liked the feature on P4E 2008 where it would give you the calls for each state when it happens. What happened to that? Or am I just not seeing where to enable that on P4E 2016?

• 3 weeks later...

Forgive me if this has already been brought up, but I really don't want to go through everything. I really liked the feature on P4E 2008 where it would give you the calls for each state when it happens. What happened to that? Or am I just not seeing where to enable that on P4E 2016?

echo this. Really made it realistic.

• 2 months later...

If it's already been said, then I second it.

Add new party from Campaign Editor, and give ability to switch a candidate's party, or copy from one party to another.

The poll tracking graphs, sometimes they're hard to see on that bottom right corner.  Could we, or is there a way to pop them out or make them bigger?

• 4 weeks later...

Not so much a feature, but could we pop out or enlarge the polling graphs?  When both candidates are round 50%, it would be good to be able to zoom in to more detail.

• 1 month later...

I would love the ability to have rallies and speeches be expanded.

For example, you can choose multiple things to cover in a rally. You can choose how indepth you go on the proposals in the rallies, or choose to say false things. If you are caught doing it too much, then a scandal can be brought out against you.

You could also be able to choose the arenas you hold rallies in, and huge ones can hold over 20,000 people and small ones can hold up to 1,000. I feel that the amount of people attending the rallies for major candidates is too unrealistic and low.

• 4 weeks later...

I have been using the simulation mode in the sneak peek, and have one idea that would be good.

Say you run the simulation 10 times, you will get 10 results back. what I am suggesting is that when you click on one of them, you get detailed results of what happened on election day, including an electoral map.

2 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

@lok1999

That's a good idea.

Also ability to also sim the primaries with it?

This would be great with final maps and stats for primaries and GE alot of us just sim anyways cause thats what we do for our election-play-by-play storylines

42 minutes ago, lok1999 said:

I have been using the simulation mode in the sneak peek, and have one idea that would be good.

Say you run the simulation 10 times, you will get 10 results back. what I am suggesting is that when you click on one of them, you get detailed results of what happened on election day, including an electoral map.

There is a new sneak peek? With a simulation mode?

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, CalebsParadox said:

My most requested feature is the ability to split from your own party and run in the general election as a third party candidate. It is not something that happens often in real life nowadays, but it would be a great feature nonetheless. 

Are you all familiar with my strategy to do so that I put out?

1 hour ago, Reagan04 said:

Are you all familiar with my strategy to do so that I put out?

That's a poor workaround, although a relatable attempt. It does not work efficiently and since it treats them both as completely different entities, they have different relations, strengths in each state, and popularity boosts and other candidates attacks. For example, a third party Ted Cruz is likely to receive little blast during the primaries. However, a regular Republican Party one will have near constant scandals, negative attack ads, negative spin, etc. Your support will never grow to be anything realistic, either. It's just not working, and it's really either go big or go home on this.