270soft Forum
MattyN

Feature You'd Most Like to See

@LibertarianGOP,

Thanks for this feedback - we get this request often, I'm not sure how it would be implemented without adding more detail to a state's structure, but request noted.

A suggestion for the upcoming Prime Minister Infinity UK. If I'm not mistaken, partial totals do not trickle in for individual seats in the UK like they do in the U.S. or Canada; instead, the local election authorities announce the final results once they are finished counting with all the candidates present for the announcement. Rather than displaying partial totals in each seat in a region and having them steadily tick upwards, I'd suggest setting it up so that once a region starts reporting, maybe you'd get five or six results right away, another five or six delayed for another half-hour, etc. Or, if that's not possible, just have the final results display for all seats in a region, but with the option to click through and see actual vote totals in each seat as opposed to percentages only.

is there a possibility of creating user defined lists, particularly for use with ad running?

the reason

i find quite a lot of my time in the game is taken up starting ads (for example, i constantly run at least one add all the time in every state with 6 or less electoral votes, and the equivalent in the primaries). this amounts to almost half the states however, and the constant clicking gets a bit repetitive. There already is the option to run in targeted states, however i use targeting for big, important states, not small cheap ones.

One user defined list (as a minimum, more would be great), would allow me to set this up first turn and click the button every time i wanted to run a new add in those states, ad hey presto i would imagine i could save at least 50% of time in a campaign, allowing me to play and complete more games :-)

A suggestion for the upcoming Prime Minister Infinity UK. If I'm not mistaken, partial totals do not trickle in for individual seats in the UK like they do in the U.S. or Canada; instead, the local election authorities announce the final results once they are finished counting with all the candidates present for the announcement. Rather than displaying partial totals in each seat in a region and having them steadily tick upwards, I'd suggest setting it up so that once a region starts reporting, maybe you'd get five or six results right away, another five or six delayed for another half-hour, etc. Or, if that's not possible, just have the final results display for all seats in a region, but with the option to click through and see actual vote totals in each seat as opposed to percentages only.

Something in addition to this,

Maybe each constituency has a speed of count variable, so each region can declare realistically

E.g. Fast = between 1030pm and 0100am (Sunderland South - [record for early declarations] and very small seats)

Normal = between 0101 and 0300 (Market towns and small city seats)

Slow = after 0301 (London and city seats + areas with local elections on the same day)

This could get around the timezone issue in the live count.

What do you all think?

Thanks for this - it's a good idea - we'll see.

is there a possibility of creating user defined lists, particularly for use with ad running?

the reason

i find quite a lot of my time in the game is taken up starting ads (for example, i constantly run at least one add all the time in every state with 6 or less electoral votes, and the equivalent in the primaries). this amounts to almost half the states however, and the constant clicking gets a bit repetitive. There already is the option to run in targeted states, however i use targeting for big, important states, not small cheap ones.

One user defined list (as a minimum, more would be great), would allow me to set this up first turn and click the button every time i wanted to run a new add in those states, ad hey presto i would imagine i could save at least 50% of time in a campaign, allowing me to play and complete more games :-)

Now I know this game is kind of a niche really, but I think perhaps if the game got greenlighted and put on steam the payoff could be good, with the influx of new users and funding for new stuff to be implemented and so forth.

I've seen the kickastarter for the MAC version was succesful so there is obviously interest for these games. Obviously screen size is probably one of the first thing that would be needed to be tweaked, allowing for it to at least have one more size, or two, and be scaled.

Though I heard somewhere that steam games have to be written in a certain code, so I'm not sure if these games could be put on steam. I just think it might be a good idea.

@Lukok,

Thanks for this feedback - I think it could be put on Steam, but there might be technical issues. Once there's a break in the development schedule, I'll look more closely at Steam distribution.

President Infinity:

Able to set up a weeks turn(not only be able to skip a week, but set what you wanted to do certain days in the week)

Be able to recount in close elections

Blocks of voters(religions, "The Black Vote", Voters based on age, voters based on education, voters based on nationality, etc.)

It would be nice to have a mode where you pick a candidate and debate against other candidates based on issues

Third Party Expansions -

New Party Options for 2016 Scenario

Campaign Editor additions for the parties

Third Party Kingmaking (If A 3rd Party wins a state/s and no one has a majority, that Third Partier would go to Congress and make negotiations. Long time a head but it's a suggestion)

Good luck in all the work you guys are doing!

For the 1912 election and created elections, have, for example, Teddy Roosevelt as a Republican and if you loose in the primaries, instead of playing as Taft, you could play as Roosevelt in the general election as the Bull Mouse party.

the reason

Echo this one completely.

If possible it would be nice to have faithless electors and electors who do not vote implemented. (this could cause it to go to the House of Representatives)

Also, for the 1912 campaign, be able to if you loose the primaries as Roosevelt, switch to him as the bull-moose candidate(instead of being Taft).(I may have mentioned this before; I have forgotten if I did or not. Sorry if it is a repeat)

I know this is dreamworld stuff, but I'd love to see a setup where you could start with the first election, and then progress through US history, where the candidates' and parties' power and influence vary by what happened in the previous election(s). A connected campaign, as it were. The modders do great work with the separate historical campaign mods, but it'd be cool to see an actual grand campaign that's also dynamic and organic within its own universe.

If that makes sense.

That would be cool. It would also be fun to for example as a third party do very well in 2008. Do better(maybe even win in 2012) and win in 2016. That would be awesome.

Don't the Democrats have a Democrats Abroad primary. If I am right, then shouldn't that be represented in the game?

I'd like to see multiple autosaves; it'd really help out when the game crashes/savefile gets corrupted (I just had a bluescreen happen, and the autosave was unable to open). Perhaps autosave, oldautosave, etc.

I think this may have been mentioned on here years ago, but don't really want to go back through everything to find it, and it was mentioned in a way by Jestor, but I would love to have a career mode. Run for president, and then have 4 years of running the country leading into your reelection, and then 4 more years of running the country. It wouldn't necessarily have to be extremely in depth, knowing how difficult it would be to set up, but maybe just a 1 turn per month thing during your presidency until it's time to run for reelection.