270soft Forum
MattyN

Feature You'd Most Like to See

2 hours ago, admin_270 said:

Far-right on immigration and far-right on taxes shows the limits of one-dimensional political analysis. Talking of just left-right means simplifying. In reality, politics is n dimensional, where n is some very large number.

What is the progress on adding another axis on the issue spectrum? The current build of the games(PI,PMI,CI) have it on a linear x-axis, and can lead to weird instances of a libertarian  candidates like Gary Johnson appearing closer in issue position to Hillary Clinton than his fellow GoP brethren. I know you mentioned the possibility earlier in 2017, and was curious how it is panning out. 

@admin_270 Also what do you expect to be done next year (also when is the bugfix being released so I can make PI campaigns again?)

@NYRep,

I don't know what you're referring to with the bug fix, but a new PI is next to be released. I don't know exactly when this will happen - I've updated some of the core technologies and this has taken some time. I'll be releasing a 2017 retrospective - 2018 prospective soon.

Will the editors for CI and PMI be updated at some point to allow us to edit issue centers in individual seats rather than only for an entire state or province at a time? While the editor *appears* to let you do that, it seems that in fact the changes end up getting applied to the entire political unit.

Not so much a feature, but my computer is really laggy today which gives me an idea for the "schedule" screen. Moving to states to barnstorm, etc. requires a lot of mouse clicks. "Move" then click a state, then click an activity... perhaps you could "move" to a state by right-clicking on the map?

I'm still testing that. A little worse now than before so part of it could be my computer. Sometimes the buttons have not been 100% responsive, I don't know if it's something new to this version. Like I'll click on "Move" and then on the state but it only goes to the strategy menu so I have to do it all over again. Once I'm done with my current game I'll reboot and start a new game and let you know...

Is it possible to do Two Round elections? Because if it's not, I'd like to see that feature some day. I'd also like to see primary elections done by popular vote as well :)

Is it possible to do Two Round elections? Because if it's not, I'd like to see that feature some day. I'd also like to see primary elections done by popular vote as well :)

In PMI UK, I'd love for 'vote share changes/swings' to be added to election nights. In each seat, the changes for each party in percentage terms compared to the previous (real-life) election would be displayed next to the candidates, with changes also shown on regional and national levels.

For example, Labour won 47.2% compared to the Tories' 32.8% in Walsall South in the real-life 2015 election. If in the 2017 PMI UK scenario Labour win 56.9% and the Tories 31.2%, then it would show Labour 56.9% (+9.7%), Conservatives 31.2% (-1.6%). This is a key feature of televised election night coverage in the UK. 

Preferential voting (Pleeease). I bought Prime Minister Forever - Australia 2013 back in the day and loved it. I just bought Prime Minister Infinity - UK (Because it came packaged with an Australia 2016 scenario) but without preferential voting it produces some pretty bizarre / unrealistic outcomes, it's more of a thought-experiment than a sim / game right now.

I can see how much work has been put into the game engine since I played back in 2013-14, so many areas have seen improvements. I look forward to playing it and poking around in the scenario editor once again (There are some Australian state elections I'd be keen to put together, such as SA 2018), but without preferential voting it all seems a bit pointless.

In the longer term, I'd also love to see multi-member electorates with preferential voting (Ireland style). This is pretty much identical to the Hare-Clark system used in the Australian Capital Territory and the Australian state of Tasmania, which are both places I'd love to make scenarios for.

In short - Electoral systems! :)

Capture17.PNG

4 hours ago, PhoenixGreen said:

Preferential voting (Pleeease). I bought Prime Minister Forever - Australia 2013 back in the day and loved it. I just bought Prime Minister Infinity - UK (Because it came packaged with an Australia 2016 scenario) but without preferential voting it produces some pretty bizarre / unrealistic outcomes, it's more of a thought-experiment than a sim / game right now.

I can see how much work has been put into the game engine since I played back in 2013-14, so many areas have seen improvements. I look forward to playing it and poking around in the scenario editor once again (There are some Australian state elections I'd be keen to put together, such as SA 2018), but without preferential voting it all seems a bit pointless.

In the longer term, I'd also love to see multi-member electorates with preferential voting (Ireland style). This is pretty much identical to the Hare-Clark system used in the Australian Capital Territory and the Australian state of Tasmania, which are both places I'd love to make scenarios for.

In short - Electoral systems! :)

Capture17.PNG

Oh, not just preferential voting. MPP, STV, pure PR, and others. As I keep pointing out here, the vast majority of legislative bodies in the world today elected by free and fair, contested elections are NOT FPTP - but FPTP, in three different games, is the only electoral system that has been really updated at all for the new "Infinity" engine for legislative elections...

@PhoenixGreen

The Australia 2016 preferential voting feature is planned for after Favorability is added. This is because, with Favorability, it becomes fairly straightforward. Favorability is planned as the next major feature after Congress Infinity updates for 2018. Hope this helps.

9 hours ago, admin_270 said:

@PhoenixGreen

The Australia 2016 preferential voting feature is planned for after Favorability is added. This is because, with Favorability, it becomes fairly straightforward. Favorability is planned as the next major feature after Congress Infinity updates for 2018. Hope this helps.

Fantastic! I look forward to it, thanks for your work.

@admin_270 Any chance for naming candidates when we apply for the ballot?

1 minute ago, admin_270 said:

@NYrepublican

No plans for that feature right now.

It'd be really nice having unnnamed candidates really annoys me and it shouldn't be too difficult to do.