MattyN

Feature You'd Most Like to See

845 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

@Bjornhattan

I think the answer to this is to create different blocs, one for region 1, another for region 2.

That would work well, using different ratios to simulate areas that are in between those two extremes.

By the way just saw the new shifts feature and that along with the currency features really made my day. I've tried throwing any possible input at those percentages and it deals with it very well, though I can't quite tell whether it applies absolute first then relative or relative first then absolute (does it do 2x-5 or 2(x-5) is quite important). Thank you very much for the quality of these updates, it's always good that you listen and add new features all the time.

In the strategy screen, could we filter regions by "on ballot"?  This would be most useful in Congress Infinity where a minor party may only run in a handful of regions.

5 minutes ago, servo75 said:

In the strategy screen, could we filter regions by "on ballot"?  This would be most useful in Congress Infinity where a minor party may only run in a handful of regions.

This would be a good feature for PMI as well, for the same reason.

@admin_270 I want to know why is it taking so long to move on to the French update for PI

@admin_270 is most of the PI update work done?

Would it be possible to add an 'inherit' button for when endorsements open and close? It would save people time in the editor if they could change the dates without having to do them one by one.

@JDrakeify

You mean something like a 'Set All' button? Or do you mean having a standard date which can be inherited or not?

1 hour ago, admin_270 said:

@JDrakeify

You mean something like a 'Set All' button? Or do you mean having a standard date which can be inherited or not?

'Set All' would be better, especially for PMI, where the endorsements usually open and close at the same time. 

During election night, I would like to see something that shows the swings between parties.

@admin_270 I'd like a clearer and more efficient way to see how coalitions perform. Maybe adding a coalition sorting option on election night?

@lok1999

You mean the % swing? It's a good idea - it would require campaign designers input % data twice and so would have to be optional. We'll see.

I'd like to be able to have the option to forgo a vice-leader. Does the French president have a VP?

Here's another suggestion: have an option in the events menu that causes candidates to change their planks. Or a random variable in which candidates flip-flop on any one issue.

Not sure if this is possible already in PI (since I've only played generals and primaries, but haven't made it to the end of the primaries yet), but is it possible to have candidates that only run if certain people win the nomination?

Just looking at this year, some possibilities:

Trump wins->McMullin runs as an independent. Or Bernie/Warren wins->Bloomberg runs as an independent. Or maybe candidates who have very poor relations with another person from their primaries, run as an independent/third party, if they cross a certain threshold? Neither ended up running, but there was talk of either Sanders/Kasich potentially running third party/independent.

(This might already be a feature and I might be unaware, I need to try and play through a full primaries and see if you can turn candidates on for the general.)