270soft Forum
MattyN

Feature You'd Most Like to See

7 hours ago, Bjornhattan said:

Definitely. Or at least have the contested conventions feel less like a lottery.

I have several fictional scenarios which usually feature three or four factions in each of the two big parties. The primary results come in, and often one of these factions will get 45% for instance. Yet the first leader to be eliminated gives delegates to another small leader who goes above one of those factions, and said small independent candidate ends up on 55% of delegates after winning just 5% originally. The fact I usually have PR primaries with no floor may make the system more unstable but it should still be a bit predictable.

I agree. This type of mechanic (or an expansion or development upon it) would be VERY useful for U.S. Elections between the 1840's and 1960's, really, when the Convention actually had MORE power in the nomination than the primaries and caucuses, and wheeling and dealing, "smoke-filled room" scenarios, and Dark Horse candidates all being possible in certain scenarios.

In PMI, I would like to be able to scroll through constituencies like you used to in the old election nights, as to me it appears that that has been removed.

1 hour ago, admin_270 said:

@Wiw

Feedback noted, but a P4E -> PI or PM4E -> PMI converter would be very difficult. It's not currently on the horizon as a feature to add.

If I made one for you would you consider releasing it since I'm thinking about making one so I can play all those old scenarios.

On 20/06/2017 at 3:00 AM, admin_270 said:

@lok1999

You mean being able to scroll through detailed constituency-by-constituency results without returning to a list?

Yes.

When demographic blocs does come out for PMI, then my most ambitious PMI project that still uses the FPTP system could actually realistically work - the Lok Sabha of India!

On 2017-6-21 at 11:53 PM, Patine said:

When demographic blocs does come out for PMI, then my most ambitious PMI project that still uses the FPTP system could actually realistically work - the Lok Sabha of India!

The only issue I see with these demographic blocs is that in my country different demographics behave completely differently depending on where they are. The same sorts of trade jobs are overwhelmingly Labour where I live but would be overwhelmingly Conservative in somewhere like Romford.

1 hour ago, Bjornhattan said:

The only issue I see with these demographic blocs is that in my country different demographics behave completely differently depending on where they are. The same sorts of trade jobs are overwhelmingly Labour where I live but would be overwhelmingly Conservative in somewhere like Romford.

It's a similar situation in Canada as a whole. The blue-collar working class in Alberta generally vote Conservative Federally (the NDP Provincial Government victory in 2015 with the Wildrose Alliance as Official Opposition seems moreso a protest, or voter rebellion, against an out-of-touch PC Government holding office continuously for 44 years under six Premiers), while in Ontario and BC, the NDP have a much more commanding popularity of the working class, and in Quebec (until 2011) the Bloc Quebecois was dominant, and in the Maritimes and Manitoba, the Liberals have predominated in that particular demographic, just using the bulk of the working as an example. So, coming from, Canada I can definitely see your point there.

On 13/06/2017 at 8:52 PM, admin_270 said:

@RepInNYC,

There are no plans to immediately add any kind of PR to general elections. It will probably happen at some point.

Aren't the French elections PR?

A cool feature would be Nationwide PR for the primaries as is often used in gubernatorial pre-selections as well as a two round option also. 

Thanks

@admin_270 when will it be finished(the update)?

while your implementing tow-round could you add the kind used for the french legislative elections so those 2 campaigns of it that we're making can be 100% accurate.

At some point when we have PR would it be possible to add a feature where you could decide at what level seats are allocated? So for instance you could decide that the number of seats are determined by the number of votes a party gets at a regional or national level, rather than just in each constituency, which would still be there, but as smaller units to make campaigning more interesting than just having to choose between a relatively small number of regions? Such an arrangement would make sense for elections which allocate seats in one or a very small number of list constituencies, like the Netherlands, and would also make it easier to do a Labour Leadership scenario I am thinking of.

Suggestions

-a copy and paste feauture for parties and canidates to new scenarios

-a more exciting election night

-have a feature were the last election resault effect the one you are currently playing. (Perhaps you can just keep doing this and itll be a campaign sorta thing when you also add incumbent president features)

including primaries

-better save election result to include the actual final map w results

-contested convention interaction

-primary results dont delete

-election night for each primaey

-and i hope one day you decide to start the be the president game or a political career game we need one!

@admin_270 from your campaign website post it looks like you finished up all the work needed to release.

2 hours ago, NYrepublican said:

@admin_270 from your campaign website post it looks like you finished up all the work needed to release.

What post?

@JDrakeify

PR features will probably be added as I focus on elections that use those things in real life. So if Netherlands becomes an official campaign, the election mechanics for it would probably be added.

@Bjornhattan

I think the answer to this is to create different blocs, one for region 1, another for region 2.

On 6/23/2017 at 0:37 PM, Bjornhattan said: