270soft Forum
MattyN

Feature You'd Most Like to See

4 hours ago, wolves said:

atleast aren't as notable

Just want to reiterate this.

Exit polls are used in a way much more relevant to the broadcasting of results in foreign countries.

1 hour ago, wolves said:

Just want to reiterate this.

Exit polls are used in a way much more relevant to the broadcasting of results in foreign countries.

Yeah, for example in the UK where I live the exit polls are done throughout election day and are only allowed to be revealed on television at 10pm. Its used to give an idea about how the election is going to go. However it has made mistakes like in 1992 and 2015 where the polls said hung parliament but on both occasions the Conservatives won a majority

18 hours ago, LegolasRedbard said:

Yeah, for example in the UK where I live the exit polls are done throughout election day and are only allowed to be revealed on television at 10pm. Its used to give an idea about how the election is going to go. However it has made mistakes like in 1992 and 2015 where the polls said hung parliament but on both occasions the Conservatives won a majority

That's what happens here in the US too... Can someone please tell me what makes them think we just somehow use exit polls less than other countries?

4 hours ago, SirLagsalott said:

That's what happens here in the US too... Can someone please tell me what makes them think we just somehow use exit polls less than other countries?

I don't think you're getting the idea of what I mean.

almost every country other than the US does exit polls like this, I mean directly like this, and its meant to estimate the result

Exit polls in the USA are meant mainly to display the way the electorate voted.

What I'm asking for here is for the option to turn these kind of exit polls on. (from the video I linked)

1 hour ago, wolves said:

almost every country other than the US does exit polls like this, I mean directly like this, and its meant to estimate the result

Exit polls in the USA are meant mainly to display the way the electorate voted.

What I'm asking for here is for the option to turn these kind of exit polls on. (from the video I linked)

Again can you please explain why you think this somehow never happens in the US. Exit polls are used here to provide predictions and estimations of results, in addition to demographic statistics.

48 minutes ago, SirLagsalott said:

Again can you please explain why you think this somehow never happens in the US. Exit polls are used here to provide predictions and estimations of results, in addition to demographic statistics.

You're telling me that exit polls are used exactly like that video I provided in the US?

2 hours ago, wolves said:

You're telling me that exit polls are used exactly like that video I provided in the US?

Pretty much, I mentioned earlier how they called Vermont upon the closing of polls based solely on exit polling. They don't make an assumption immediately because of winner-take-all in the US, so mis-calling Florida for example could mis-call the entire race. I know watching multiple channels on election night, they specifically said "we are calling <state> based on the results of exit polling" and would display the results of that state's exit poll. And because this is a presidential election instead of a parliamentary election of course it's displayed and treated differently. But they are definitely in widespread use.

On 5/8/2017 at 1:10 PM, wolves said:

Still waiting on a PR feature for PMI ;) I wanna make my dutch elections scenario :(

I've though up of a potential workaround like using the electoral college for states elections before popular vote was added in PI.

By definition,Whichever party receives the most votes becomes prime minister (Netherlands) so have a popular vote election and we'll just (unfortunately) have to imagine what the dutch parliament would look like.

If they need to assemble coalitions once the two-round feature is implemented it can be utilized as according to Anthony it's like when a candidate drops out of the primaries this would make a "coalition" of sorts if they endorse a candidate, and if they don't endorse someone it'll play out like it would if the same thing happened in primary elections.

1 hour ago, republicaninnyc said:

I've though up of a potential workaround like using the electoral college for states elections before popular vote was added in PI.

By definition,Whichever party receives the most votes becomes prime minister (Netherlands) so have a popular vote election and we'll just (unfortunately) have to imagine what the dutch parliament would look like.

If they need to assemble coalitions once the two-round feature is implemented it can be utilized as according to Anthony it's like when a candidate drops out of the primaries this would make a "coalition" of sorts if they endorse a candidate, and if they don't endorse someone it'll play out like it would if the same thing happened in primary elections.

That idea is not really appealing by my perspective. But that's just my personal opinion.

Just now, Patine said:

That idea is not really appealing by my perspective. But that's just my personal opinion.

I know it's bland but it's the closest I can get until proportional representation is added to either PI or PMI (CI is mostly a neglected product)

Just now, republicaninnyc said:

I know it's bland but it's the closest I can get until proportional representation is added to either PI or PMI (CI is mostly a neglected product)

I plan to continue using K4E until he comes out with such an update, one fine day...

Just now, Patine said:

I plan to continue using K4E until he comes out with such an update, one fine day...

since I don't have K4E i'll have to use that workaround (I'll probably get PMI- U.k sometime soon likely after the update.)

21 hours ago, SirLagsalott said:

Pretty much, I mentioned earlier how they called Vermont upon the closing of polls based solely on exit polling

Also on past results*

The matter of the fact is that the US uses exit polls differently in terms of election coverage.

44 minutes ago, wolves said:

Also on past results*

The matter of the fact is that the US uses exit polls differently in terms of election coverage.

Only in the sense that there is a difference between parliamentary seats and electoral college numbers. Other than that there's none of this mythical drastic difference you say there is.

23 hours ago, SirLagsalott said:

Only in the sense that there is a difference between parliamentary seats and electoral college numbers. Other than that there's none of this mythical drastic difference you say there is.

If you can find me a single video online of exit polls being broadcasted during the coverage of a presidental election in the US alike this one

I will give you a dollar.

2 hours ago, wolves said:

If you can find me a single video online of exit polls being broadcasted during the coverage of a presidental election in the US alike this one

I will give you a dollar.

Here are several. Unlike your France and UK ones there isn't some big-budget dramatic orgasm as soon as the exit polls are revealed. But exit polling is used in the US.

1 hour ago, SirLagsalott said:

Here are several. Unlike your France and UK ones there isn't some big-budget dramatic orgasm as soon as the exit polls are revealed. But exit polling is used in the US.

I mean't with estimates of the vote.

When I recommended this, I recommended that right when the first results come in (under a popular vote scenario) it'd tell us the estimates for the final percentage of the vote, as I've shown in the France one.

When I'm talking about this, I'm not talking about exit polls showing the electorate, I'm strictly talking about the estimation of the result.

1 hour ago, admin_270 said:

Voting Blocs are planned for implementation after Favorability. No plans for Exit Polls.

Will voting blocs be hardcoded to modern U.S., U.K., Canadian, etc. demographics with their typical effects on favourability one would expect in a 21st Century, or will they be able to be fully edited, renamed, and repurposed as flexible tools for fan-made scenarios?

29 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Completely flexible.

What exactly is on your agenda?

@admin_270

Just now, admin_270 said:

@republicaninnyc

Not sure what you're asking here - please rephrase.

what is on the agenda after the roadmap you laid out?