270soft Forum
MattyN

Feature You'd Most Like to See

I don't know how practical it is, but making a visual difference between leaning/too close to call states and called states on election night would be pretty decent idea to me. 

We have ability to "set all" for candidate issue positions, as well as party percentages for regions.  

Can't we also set one party to be on/off the ballot in all states?

In the "Parties" screen in Campaign Editor, we should be able to "set all" to ...

• Number of seats
  • PR/FPP
  • Primary Dates
  • Primary/Caucus
  • Open/Closed
  • Cut off %

I know in the original P4E versions, name recognition was something that was factored in. There was even a bar in the candidate attributes page that factored in and measured a candidate's name recognition (which I assumed did have an impact on how well you could improve your polling numbers). Is there a way to do the same in President Infinity some place? Meaning that if you are polling at lets say 5%, it would be much easier to have you improve your standing in the polls if people know who you are, similarly harder a little bit if you are at 5% and people don't know who you are.

And in Presidential contests, you could also measure it by state. For example, when someone (let's say Kasich) strictly campaigns on New Hampshire the entire time, his name recognition there would obviously be much higher than in a place like California. But winning the state or being in the news often allows you to increase your name recognition in other states.

9 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

@lok1999

Yes, and with Australia 2016 being added to PMI - Canada (and soon PMI - U.K.), the likelihood of preferences being added to the game engine has increased.

And what about PR and MMP options for PMI custom scenarios?

I make small custom scenarios that I like to play for myself, I recently have become interested with global politics, especially French politics.

Sadly, the lack of the popular vote opinion is saddening as I tried to make a scenario based on the Italian Constitutional Referendum and found myself focusing on the popular vote but the winner according to the game wasnt always the one who won the popular vote.

So yeah, Popular Vote being added to probably Presidental Infinity cause I feel it'd work best there and preference voting to PMI would be nice.

1 hour ago, wolves said:

I make small custom scenarios that I like to play for myself, I recently have become interested with global politics, especially French politics.

Sadly, the lack of the popular vote opinion is saddening as I tried to make a scenario based on the Italian Constitutional Referendum and found myself focusing on the popular vote but the winner according to the game wasnt always the one who won the popular vote.

So yeah, Popular Vote being added to probably Presidental Infinity cause I feel it'd work best there and preference voting to PMI would be nice.

Yes, some of us have been hounding Anthony about creating a PR option for custom P4E/PI scenarios for YEARS now. Join the club!

1 hour ago, Patine said:

Yes, some of us have been hounding Anthony about creating a PR option for custom P4E/PI scenarios for YEARS now. Join the club!

That's quite upsetting, seems like it won't come for a while which is sad because he seems to interact with the fanbase and is especially receptive. I can live without it if he adds preference voting to PMI-Canada though, that's an improvement atleast.

7 minutes ago, wolves said:

That's quite upsetting, seems like it won't come for a while which is sad because he seems to interact with the fanbase and is especially receptive. I can live without it if he adds preference voting to PMI-Canada though, that's an improvement atleast.

Yes, and hopefully PR, MMP, and STV options to PMI as well, since he hasn't updated (and seems to have no plans to do so) Chancellor Forever - such simple options would be a good stand-in.

We're actually getting to the point where PR is straightforward to implement. There are two major problems, 1) simply adding the way the election is counted up (PR), and 2) modifying the AI and game mechanics to work properly and have good game play. 2) is more tricky.

Voting blocs (one of the next major features to be added) work like 'virtual' regions, and so playing PR you would still have strategies similar to with the current region-based voting blocs.

10 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Voting blocs (one of the next major features to be added) work like 'virtual' regions, and so playing PR you would still have strategies similar to with the current region-based voting blocs.

And what about the custom electoral-type options for custom PMI scenarios (Australian alternate vote, PR, MMP, and STV)?

17 hours ago, admin_270 said:

Australian-style ranking will probably be included sometime soon for PMI engines, and PR is much closer to being implemented.

Thank you for working hard on the game and listening to the community, I have spent a lot of time on these games and I can say my purchase wasn't wasted at all!

I can't wait for the voting bloc feature! BTW, I'm pretty sure people have already suggested this but I'd like to see election night projections and uneven state returns to make election night more interesting (and nerve-wracking??). 

BTW -- I recently saw a poll for a proposed game where you're president. Do you have a thread for that? 

1 hour ago, admin_270 said:

@Mordechai,

Yes, projections will probably be added.

If I can recall correctly, in President Forever 2008, projections were a part of it, atleast it'd tell you when the game confirmed someone had won a state

Being able to promise someone your VP spot before you've clinched enough delegates would be a nice addition.  Also, it'd be cool to be able to name or promise someone the position of Secretary of State too.

Another change I'd like would be the ability to override the computer's pick for Vice President.  I remember playing one time as Richard Nixon (from the primaries) and Hubert Humphrey won the Democratic nomination and went on to pick George Wallace as his VP.

1 hour ago, jnewt said:

Being able to promise someone your VP spot before you've clinched enough delegates would be a nice addition.  Also, it'd be cool to be able to name or promise someone the position of Secretary of State too.

Another change I'd like would be the ability to override the computer's pick for Vice President.  I remember playing one time as Richard Nixon (from the primaries) and Hubert Humphrey won the Democratic nomination and went on to pick George Wallace as his VP.

I recall that P4E2008 was SUPPOSED to be able to limit the possible picks by a given candidate that they could possibly select from amongst the party list of veeps, but it tended not to work that well as a feature, as I recall.