270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SSVegeta123243

New State Elections

I've noticed that majority of the new state election scenarios have serious money problems. your start off with on average about 20 mil and it cost less than 100,000 to run ads in the entire state i think this doesn't make sense and should be looked at closer in future state scenarios

You have problems with Senarios there are 3 options.

1) Change it yourself, it's easy.

2) Make your own senario so we all can see whata perfect one looks like.

3) Stop raggin on other people's creations It's very hard to make a state senario, and when people put all that work in, the last thing they want is attacks from someone whose never tried to do what they put thier time, and energy in to do for no compensation other then other people's enjoyment.

Before you have a hissy fit, I'm not restricting your speech, I'm saying it's rude to attack someone hard work when the problem is something very easy to change, while at the same time not mentioning how good the senarios are beyond that. Which they are.

money is hardly a problem. I didn't change the money reatio in my '08 trilogy, but upped everyone to 100m. look how much was spent in this last election!

course I did that w/ an 8 week campaign in mind, but the game engine can't seem to hack it - create too many footsoldiers and it seems to crash

?

Hey Veg,

This is one of the things that I plan to adjust in the next updates to my gubernatorial scenarios. Thanks for pointing it out though.

anyone want to try Florida '06

possible candidates:

Dem: Sec. Betty Castor

Mayor Scott Maddux (tallahassee)

aftetr that??????

Reps:

Charlie Christ (he runs for everything)

Ander Crenshaw (ditto)

after that??????????

3) Stop raggin on other people's creations It's very hard to make a state senario, and when people put all that work in, the last thing they want is attacks from someone whose never tried to do what they put thier time, and energy in to do for no compensation other then other people's enjoyment.

Before you have a hissy fit, I'm not restricting your speech, I'm saying it's rude to attack someone hard work when the problem is something very easy to change, while at the same time not mentioning how good the senarios are beyond that. Which they are.

I agree Jo! :D

So, people on this board are right to critcize the President of the United States, foriegn leaders, senators, congress, activists, reverends, etc.

But not people who make scenarios? Should the standard response to any post that's critical of Bush be "I'd like to see you do better!"

Veg's pointing out a major inaccuracy in the state scenarios so that in the future people will not make the same mistake. I don't see why it's such a big deal. :unsure:

But it's not a "major mistake". It's one of the easiest things to change, and to attack other peoples' long and hard work with a small detail like this is rude.

Added to this, veg has never made senarios for others to enjoy, the fact that he critizies others people's work is also rude.

Pointing out large mistakes is one thing, but pointing out a small easily changeable issue is pointless. Maybe the fact that the person creating the senario had to create a new map, change the mappos coordinates, create new canidates, create new issues, and regions, and region trends, made the money issue less of a problem.

Also, In his critizism of the State Election Senarios he did not say hw goodthey are otherwise, or that he thanks those who worked long and hard to give other people a senario for fre. Veg has said there is no merrit in doing things for others. That is something I strongly disagree with, and is obviously why he never makes senarios, only attacks them.

as bane said it's not a big deal i was just pointing out a problem with certain scenarios so people could watch out for it on future scenarios i'm pretty sure u wouldn't be upset with this idea if it was proposed by somebody else

But it's not a "major mistake". It's one of the easiest things to change, and to attack other peoples' long and hard work with a small detail like this is rude.

Added to this, veg has never made senarios for others to enjoy, the fact that he critizies others people's work is also rude.

Pointing out large mistakes is one thing, but pointing out a small easily changeable issue is pointless. Maybe the fact that the person creating the senario had to create a new map, change the mappos coordinates, create new canidates, create new issues, and regions, and region trends, made the money issue less of a problem.

Also, In his critizism of the State Election Senarios he did not say hw goodthey are otherwise, or that he thanks those who worked long and hard to give other people a senario for fre. Veg has said there is no merrit in doing things for others. That is something I strongly disagree with, and is obviously why he never makes senarios, only attacks them.

:D Awesome Jo!

I think you do have a problem with Veg, because plenty of people have complained about lesser problems in scenarios here (Pictures in Red Dawn, candidate blurbs in some of HRC's scenarios, etc.), and I didn't see you rushing to their defense.

I don't know if Vegeta has a history of doing nothing but knocking scenarios, but I think his complaint was a valid one, and I'm glad he pointed it out so that further state elections will have less problems when it comes to money issues, because that detracts from the realism just as much as having candidates all wrong on the issues.

I don't see why it's such a big deal if someone (in this case, Veg) found a problem in a scenario and wanted the scenario creator to be more careful in the future.

If I remember correctly, the picture thing was not a topic onto it's own but a small part of a larger topic full of coments.

My problems with Veg on this issue lay mostly in that he critizies a lot of senarios yet has never made one of his own. It's very diffcult, and like I said, the money thing is very simple to change. The picture thing, while easy to change also, is harder.

If I remember correctly, the picture thing was not a topic onto it's own but a small part of a larger topic full of coments.

My problems with Veg on this issue lay mostly in that he critizies a lot of senarios yet has never made one of his own. It's very diffcult, and like I said, the money thing is very simple to change. The picture thing, while easy to change also, is harder.

But the picture thing doesn't effect the gameplay. If you have too much money, then you'll get unrealistic results because you spend way more than you should be able to and you don't run into the inevitable Out of Money sign, etc.

Well, most book critics don't write books, most film critics don't make film, and most critics of the government here aren't in politics. So why is it that it's such a big deal if someone who doesn't make scenarios points out an error?

To solve the money problem, I decided to do a proportion. In this case it was National Population/$74,400,000 set equal to State Population/X with X as the new money figure. Came out to about $2,500,000 for the New Jersey scenarios as I recall. I'm testing this now for my next update...but theoretically it should work. (Course the Titanic was supposed to work in theory also...we'll see)

for the last time, I'm sorry about the Al Gore Pix! change it! :P

i don't know what a good money ratio would be for any state election - look up how much was spent the last race, I guess

in the presidential races, I think its always been set a bit low. but then you only have 6-7 weeks to spend it too

?

don't know, as long as the major parties are equal, I don't see where its a big deal at all :)

for the last time, I'm sorry about the Al Gore Pix! change it! :P

i don't know what a good money ratio would be for any state election - look up how much was spent the last race, I guess

in the presidential races, I think its always been set a bit low. but then you only have 6-7 weeks to spend it too

?

don't know, as long as the major parties are equal, I don't see where its a big deal at all :)

I like the Al Gore Werewolf picture! :lol: