270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
vcczar

1860 Election

This election is up. JViking made the maps.

Feedback desired.

A couple of bugs as Jefferson Davis:

1) Davis endorsed Buchanan, even though Davis was still a candidate.

2) After beating Douglas in a contested convention (210 votes to 192 FWIW), the Veep Choice button was gone from the selection screen, so I had to go with my first choice (chose Douglas, though when I saw our poor relationship, I wanted to select someone else, but couldn't, due to missing button).

Greatly enjoying the scenario however. I did find that rallies that were *too* successful actually hurt me because of how much money they cost, and surrogates are a no-go, because they cost $10,000/turn, which destroyed my funds.

Also, I'm having to dump organizational strength everywhere, because it's costing me over $30,000/turn, whereas the other parties are still keeping theirs from what I see.

@Jester

Thanks for letting me know. I wonder if that's a glitch regarding the money or something I can fix. I'll fix these during the updates if I can. I haven't been able to play any of these as I'm just cranking the rough drafts out while I still have free time.

I'll fix Jefferson Davis, too. I think it's because I had a typo in id_name or something. I ended up fixing it in the 1856 election.

@anyone else

Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix this?