270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jvikings1

Presidctions for the 2016 Senate Reults

I think Kelly Ayotte holds New Hampshire. I think Toomey gets re-elected in Pennsylvania. I think Kirk loses re-election in Illinois. I think Jonson looses re-election in Wisconsin. I think Portman loses re-election narrowly. I think Florida goes to the party that wins it in the Presidential election

Results:

Republicans: 50

Democrats: 47

Independents: 2(unless Bernie Sanders is President)

Too close: 1

If Brian Sandoval decided to run, then Nevada will go Republican. Arkansas may go Democrat if Mike Beebe runs. Colorado may go Republican if Mike Coffman runs.

That is supposed to say predictions.

I tend to think PA would go Democratic for Senate before OH does. Toomey didn't win by a lot in 2010, which was about as favorable a political climate for Republicans as you're likely to get, and Pennsylvania has been more consistently Democratic in presidential elections than Ohio.

Right now Pennsylvania is a lean/tilt Republican. Toomey is leading in all the polls. In Ohio, Ted Strickland is running for the Senate seat which is currently listed as a lean Republican, but Strickland is currently in the lead in the polls.