270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
shichimencho

Starting Percentages for Parties

Apologies in advance if this is covered elsewhere already - I've had a look around and can't find it. How do you set the starting percentages for parties in a scenario? I'd like to edit and update the Ireland 2007 scenario to a 2016 one, making tweaks so that (for example) Fine Fail starts off the campaign in a much worse position, but am not sure how to do that. All help gratefully received - I'm sure that this must be really simple and I'm just failing to see a really easy way to do it. Thanks!

There's actually a Constituency Editor that edits the Ridings.p4e file of Chancellor Forever, Premier Forever, and the old Prime Minister Engines.

You can find it at the sticky thread in the Canadian sub-forum of the Scenario Creation forum.

It is, however, beta software, and never advanced beyond that, and you do still have to input (or update) constituency populations manually in the file, as, for some reason, the Constituency Editor doesn't handle that task.

Thank you both - that's a really useful start. What's stumping me a bit is that, because I'm playing Chancellor Forever, I can edit the ridings but it's the percentages for the seats that are allocated by the Hare-Niemeyer method that I can't seem to get at.