270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RI Democrat

Just started trying PI

I just recently upgraded from P4E2016 to PI and have tried playing the first few months of the Democratic Primary as Biden, and I have a few questions/comments:

(1) I switched off Hillary and a few others, figuring the campaign would be pretty boring otherwise, and left Warner and Hickenlooper as "not seeking." Neither of them have entered the campaign, but the polls continue to list them and Warner always comes up with something like -100% chance of withdrawal if I try to make an offer to him. This has continued even after the states have begun voting. Is there a way to toggle the polls so they only display the candidates who are actually running?

(2) Is there a date upon which everyone makes a final decision? IRL, I don't think anyone would still be included in polls or otherwise still be viewed as a possible candidate if they don't declare before the first few primaries.

(3) Andrew Cuomo consistently seems to get a much better result than the polls would suggest, including in states where I have the daily tracking polling turned on. Has anyone else noticed results like this? Is the idea that someone gobbles up all the support that otherwise would have gone to undecided or not seeking candidates?

(4) Two undecided Republican candidates, Perry and Thune, have a delegate each so far - is this a bug?

1) I'm not sure.

2) Why? They tried to push Jeb Bush and Chris Christie to run well into the southern primaries in 2012 because Romney was having trouble putting away Santorum and Gingrich.

3) Make sure you do some serious campaigning in the last few days before the primary, it seems that if you have good momentum during that time you gobble up a lot of the undecideds. Either that or start running a few ads five days before and then just have a day of campaigning the day before.

4) Delegate calculations are always a little weird, I'd assume they're both on the ballot in their home state or Iowa or something and the caucus just leaves them with one delegate.

@RI Democrat,

1. The 'Not seeking' status currently is not used by computer players. It's intended for human players who want to start in that state. This will be changed.

4. It might be a bug. I'll keep an eye out for something like that when game testing - thanks for this.

My first suggestion is make sure Vista has all the latest updates from Microsoft. My second suggestion is to make sure your graphics card has the latest driver update. If these don't work, please let me know.