270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jestor

Any idea what could have caused this?

So I'm playing Elizabeth Warren in 2016 default campaign, everybody toggled on because that's how I roll. It's about a month before Iowa and I've staked out a 3% lead there and working on turning things around in New Hampshire, Nevada, and South Carolina to get the hot flavor going.

..And then I'm hit with a 28 Power Debate Meltdown (Full disclosure: Debate Prep had fallen to 2, and Warren's charisma is oddly a 2 as well in the profile). I've never, ever seen a 28 power negative hit in all my years of playing different versions of President Forever. It was amazing, really, to see the campaign I'd worked so hard to build up come crashing down with one single act. It also set her background fundraising to $0 and her CP from 6 to 4, which was already used up building up my army and organization elsewhere.

There's no coming back from this. Not even when Command Strength finally ticks up to 3 so I'm at 5 CP. It's still in the 20s.

I was wondering - was it just a really, really bad, terribly unlucky roll of the dice? I'd seen other Debate Meltdowns, but they were of the single digit variety. Never the 28.

The debate score was -28 in the recap. Obviously I didn't place in the Top 8 so it didn't show up on the actual debate screen proper. It's possible that everyone attacked Warren (forgot to screencap it and wasn't checking that closely I'm afraid).

It just stunned me is all because like I said, I've never seen something of that magnitude happen, ever.

OK, thanks for this. If you are playing with a huge number of players, it might be there were multiple highly successful debate attacks. I've noted the inability to view more than 8 players on the results screen.