270soft Forum

Noted. Regarding Ross Perot, I may have him at 10% at the most (starting from the primaries) with $100,000,000 in campaign funds since he is a billionaire. I'm not sure about the infrastructure idea...if I could learn a way to implement events manually, then I could do this, but for now, this idea is at the bottom of the list. For the issue positions, I will have him centre on the issues, due to the fact that he had his own ideas, but if someone else had a better idea, he was "all ears". Of course Stockdale will be his VP...This is what I have planned for Perot at the moment.

Tried to add more but ran out of time, then got sidetracked by other things.

Anyway, on those points I had tried to make:

• Wilder is surprisingly much weaker than I thought he had been. Now he did have the African American bloc largely behind him, but that was a tenuous alliance at best given it was sorely due to the fact that he was, well, black. Being a relative centrist he had more than a few positions that were alien to most African Americans (support for the death penalty for one), and the other candidates were making forays into the bloc whereas in '88 for example they had entirely ceded it to Jackson. His support did not expand much beyond the AA bloc, for example having been reduced to one percent in New Hampshire throughout his campaign, but he apparently did have the lead in both Maryland and South Carolina. In formulating suggested percentages I'll try to base it off African-American demographics, see where that gets me. Of final importance to note is that Wilder had not campaign infrastructure whatsoever and his fundraising was simply horrid (in other words, his Organization/Fundraising/Ground Strength/etc. stats would be all ones). His largest state campaign before he downsized it was a seven-man team in New Hampshire. So the man was strong on paper but never really took off.
  • Tsongas is a bit of a problem when it comes to determining his proper percentages given most polls I can come across were given after his victory in New Hampshire. I'm still trying to determine matters here, though he should have campaign stats at the 2nd level at least.
  • Jerry Brown is the hardest to determine given most of his support was actually derived from other candidates; for example before he dropped out Tsongas was going to win the Connecticut primary with ~40% of the vote, and a large part of that went to Brown and helped him win. This was a similar tale throughout the states east of the Mississippi except for a couple of Caucus states like Vermont or Maine. His base of support, I think, was largely among Caucus states in the West, those and California though I don't know how much support he had there back in December.
  • Harkin is another one of those candidates that is strong on paper but ultimately didn't pan out, though in his case it was largely because his own major bloc, labor and the AFL-CIO, didn't turn out effectively for him. He carried his own home state with ease by an overwhelming margin and hoped that it might put him in a position of contention, but it didn't improve his numbers any, at least noticeably on my end. His support ultimately was largely centered in the West and within Caucus states (in the case of the latter often netting double digits), and he did manage to win, in addition to Iowa, Minnesota and Idaho. His numbers are again going to be subject to a lot of speculation, but at least they have a stronger base.
  • Kerrey is yet another one of our paper tigers, and like Harkin was largely based in the West. Still unsure as to suggested percentages.
  • Clinton is the most difficult for a number of reasons, notably that while he was frontrunner following Cuomo's withdrawal, there were no polls for places like New York or Pennsylvania, or other big states, to help be identify how he was doing in the North before Wilder withdrew. Clinton's base at the time was in the South, and while he was making forays into places like Illinois or New Hampshire, it just remains a very clouded picture as to how he was doing elsewhere.

​I'm be putting up Excel sheets with my suggestions in a more proper format within a Google-Docs setup and giving you a link to it so that you may better access and work with it, rather than me trying to do the same on this board (which would come out a mess, for lack of a better term).

• Perot was a bit difficult to determine at first. At the time he was polling at ~9%, so what I did for a test was make 52% of Perot's "primary" voters undecided, with the rest split between leaners and committed, while for the party input his historical results. This way he was forced down to that number while allowing for an incremental increase in the polls as historically witnessed, once of course he got his campaign running.

​I have several other suggestions, but I'd like to make sure first that you have the latest version of President-Forever, regarding stats such as ambition, ideologue, and some of the other new options they have begun to implement.

Can I suggest that you add,

(D) Mario Cuomo - NY - Off

(D) Eugene McCarthy - MN - Off

(D) Al Gore - TN - On

Adding the Libertarian party.

(Libertarian) Andre Marrou - AK - On

(Libertarian) Richard B. Boddie - CA - On

Those are a few I thought would be interesting to put in.

Was this scenario actually finished, or close to it? I noticed discussion about it abruptly stops, and then mostly just requests for it, along with one segment of advice.

Hello! Until my new PC arrives (tomorrow) I will not edit the scenario, and, I lost the files some time ago, and will therefore have to start all over.

Would be great if you could send me a beta" gordismanen@hotmail.com pres infinity version for windows

How's it going? :) It was a great election year, so I would love to play this scenario.

You can send me a beta as well: lukii.pukii7@gmail.com

I just bought the Windows version of President Infinity today and I'm already hopelessly hooked. The '92 race was pretty much the election that sparked my interest in politics so I'd be very appreciative if someone could throw this my way. Thanks!

seaneg26@gmail.com

Much apologies for the very late reply. I somehow lost the files to this scenario, and I cannot find them. Again, apologies for the late reply.