270soft Forum

President George Bush is coming off of a successful military victory and entering a recession. Can he win renomination after breaking his "no new taxes" pledge and alienating the conservative Republican base?

Republican Candidates:

George H. W. Bush(on)

Pat Buchanan(on)

David Duke(on)

Ron Paul (off)

Harold Stassen (on)

Democratic Candidates:

Bill Clinton (on)

Jerry Brown (on)

Paul Tsongas (on)

Bob Kerrey (on)

Tom Harkin (on)

Independent Candidates:

Ross Perot (will be added)

and more will be implemented as I get more feedback.

If you are interested in trying the beta version, please provide your email address in this forum or PM me and I will send the file to you via email.

Instructions to save file.

Click documents.

Click President Forever 2016

Click User Scenarios

Save file.

To play the scenario:

Right click on "United States-1992's file.

Click "extract all".

After performing these steps, you should be good to go, however, if you continue to have issues, let me know in this forum OR send me a private message with the issue and I will look into it,

I of course don't have 2016 any more but I was born in 1992 so I'd like to see it. Since at least one person is interested I think I'll make a version my self but for Congress Forever 2014 when I get it.

I of course don't have 2016 any more but I was born in 1992 so I'd like to see it. Since at least one person is interested I think I'll make a version my self but for Congress Forever 2014 when I get it.

I have started creating this scenario, first starting with editing region information. The good thing about P4E16 and related software once purchased is you can download it whenever you want to, it's fast, and it does not take up a drastic amount of space, but I'm sure you already know that.

I am looking for "testers" to try the scenario so I can fine tune and make sure everything is functioning properly before releasing the scenario to the public. If you download P4E16 again, would you mind trying it out? I would send the file as an attachment to you via email, and exchange from their. Thanks.

I'm expecting to have the scenario ready to "ship" to interested testers in a few days.

I'm sorry but it's too long after I gave up on 2016 (9 months or something) for me to download it again. If there's anything I could do without downloading though you can let me know.

I'm certainly interested; I may not have the time to properly work on my own scenarios, but I can certainly still give pointers and help others fine tune theirs.

Proxy address is jamesrobertmclaughlin@yahoo.com

I'm certainly interested; I may not have the time to properly work on my own scenarios, but I can certainly still give pointers and help others fine tune theirs.

Proxy address is jamesrobertmclaughlin@yahoo.com

Thanks! I just finished changing the endorsers, editing the electoral votes. Now, I am working on the leaders for the Republican and Democrat Party. I would say.. the scenario will be ready by tonight, maybe sooner.

I'm sorry but it's too long after I gave up on 2016 (9 months or something) for me to download it again. If there's anything I could do without downloading though you can let me know.

If you could assist me with the issue stances for the candidates, it would really help.

The 1992 election is the first election I remember really well. I was in middle school. It will be a difficult scenario to make because Perot drops out and goes back in. His percentage was hurt by leaving and coming back in. I don't know how you will implement that, maybe with an event causing major damage to him, that says he drops out. Also, Bush is totally tied to the economy, if there was an economic meter tied to the game it would determine his strength.

The 1992 election is the first election I remember really well. I was in middle school. It will be a difficult scenario to make because Perot drops out and goes back in. His percentage was hurt by leaving and coming back in. I don't know how you will implement that, maybe with an event causing major damage to him, that says he drops out. Also, Bush is totally tied to the economy, if there was an economic meter tied to the game it would determine his strength.

Perot will be implemented once or soon after a event editor is added, and will not be included in the first release. Regarding Bush, in the primaries, he did very well, and I have him polling over 50% in every state. In the general election, I am thinking about setting him in the low 30s to reflect his tie to the economy amongst other things.

I have a version of my scenario ready to test. NOTE: While it does not have many candidates, vp candidates, and endorsers, it is playable. If anyone is interested, reply or PM with your email address and I will send to the file to you via email.

Instructions for download:

Download/Save file Documents--->President Forever 2016--->User Scenarios.

Right click on the file then click extract all.

After performing these steps, you should be good to go.

I've been working on the 1916, 1920 (these two are done) and 1924 elections. I'm almost done with 1924. Then I'm doing 1928, 1932 and then going from 1908 to Lincoln's 1860 election. The event and map editor is essential me moving before the 1912 scenario. Also need the convention fixed.

I find old elections more interesting. 1860 will be fascinating. I also have a 1788/89 scenario but it sucks because I can't get rid of states.

I'm not sure how I'll find the stances for anybody except Clinton and Bush themselves but I could easily find out the governors if you like.

I'm not sure how I'll find the stances for anybody except Clinton and Bush themselves but I could easily find out the governors if you like.

Clinton and bush would be fine, and I already have the governors during that time in the scenario, along with senators. What I am lacking now is "major" endorsers, like for example, Donald trump, Sarah Palin, etc.

I've been working on the 1916, 1920 (these two are done) and 1924 elections. I'm almost done with 1924. Then I'm doing 1928, 1932 and then going from 1908 to Lincoln's 1860 election. The event and map editor is essential me moving before the 1912 scenario. Also need the convention fixed.

I find old elections more interesting. 1860 will be fascinating. I also have a 1788/89 scenario but it sucks because I can't get rid of states.

I am more interested in elections from 1968 and up.

I'd be interested in trying it. My e-mail's chandallah@netscape.net

Two things, though...

The results will get wonky without Perot in the race,

and, I thought Duke was still affiliated with the Populist Party in 1992 and the Republicans tried to distance themselves from him (given he was the Grand Wizard of the KKK).

I'd be interested in trying it. My e-mail's chandallah@netscape.net

Two things, though...

The results will get wonky without Perot in the race,

and, I thought Duke was still affiliated with the Populist Party in 1992 and the Republicans tried to distance themselves from him (given he was the Grand Wizard of the KKK).

According to Wikipedia, he ran for the Republican nomination, however, due to his affiliation with the KKK, he never gained traction and lost.

Perot: He made be added at the end towards release- my focus is on the Republican, Democratic Party and the candidates from each.

A new version has been delivered to beta testers. If you are interested, PM or reply with you email address and I will send the file to you.

Modified percentages.

Modified Candidate photos.

New candidates.

Modified Delegates.

And more.

Edited by Dallas

I will be away from the computer until Monday of next week, so their will not be any patches until next week and send the file, however, I will take note of feedback and improve/add when I get back.

If you have tried my scenario, what do you think? Do you feel like you are managing a campaign in 1992?

I think with President Forever 2016 what happened was the candidates' positions were known first and then those exact positions were put in and labelled as this or that as opposed to the labels being typed up first and then the candidates' positions were marked as centre or whatever based on how closely they matched the labels, if you follow. I've done my best to label the candidates' positions but in a number of cases their own exact positions didn't quite match any of them. For these reasons the candidates' positions may look off.

Abortion
Bush: Far-Right
Clinton: Left
Government Spending
Bush: Centre-Right
Clinton: Centre-Left
Education
Bush: Right
Energy
Bush: Centre
Environment
Gun Control
Health Care
Immigration
Clinton: Centre
Defense Spending
Iran
Military Intervention
Role of Government
Free Trade
Clinton: Right
Tax Rates
Same-Sex Marriage
Social Security
Clinton: Centre-Right
Unions
Bush:???
Clinton:???
War on Terror
Corruption
Bush:Centre-Right
Clinton:Centre-Left

I think with President Forever 2016 what happened was the candidates' positions were known first and then those exact positions were put in and labelled as this or that as opposed to the labels being typed up first and then the candidates' positions were marked as centre or whatever based on how closely they matched the labels, if you follow. I've done my best to label the candidates' positions but in a number of cases their own exact positions didn't quite match any of them. For these reasons the candidates' positions may look off.

Abortion
Bush: Far-Right
Government Spending
Education
Energy
Environment
Gun Control
Health Care
Immigration
Defense Spending
Iran
Military Intervention
Role of Government
Free Trade
Clinton: Right
Tax Rates
Same-Sex Marriage
Social Security
Clinton: Centre-Right
Unions
War on Terror
Corruption
Bush:Centre-Right
Clinton:Centre-Left

Thanks! This data has been entered.

Next on the list is endorsers, and to be honest, I am not away of many "big-name" endorsers other than Reagan, Carter, and a few others. Maybe someone can assist? I just need the name.

Alright. Got a boatload of comments but need a moment to jot them all down. Feel it may be better to tinker with the scenario itself and send it back your way, explaining the changes here will allowing you to essentially copy and paste some of them, or at least giving you a better blueprint to follow. I assume I can just send it through the one you delivered it through.

Alright. Got a boatload of comments but need a moment to jot them all down. Feel it may be better to tinker with the scenario itself and send it back your way, explaining the changes here will allowing you to essentially copy and paste some of them, or at least giving you a better blueprint to follow. I assume I can just send it through the one you delivered it through.

I sent a new version today. Did you receive it? I assume that a lot was addressed in this patch, but I could be wrong. I look forward to your comments.

So, starting and finishing in the general election, here are my results:

Democratic (Bill Clinton) wins 51.6% of the PV and 284 EV

Republican (George.H.W.Bush) wins 48.4 of the PV (me) and 255 EV

I sent a new version today. Did you receive it? I assume that a lot was addressed in this patch, but I could be wrong. I look forward to your comments.

Yes, that is the one that I looked at. I'm not sure if I will be able to respond by tonight (my router is set to shut off in about an hour and a half), but I can make some more general comments.

• Include Virginia Governor Douglas Wilder; being the one black candidate in the race he (arguably) had the black vote effectively behind him, though that it clearly was not nearly as united as it was when compared to say Jesse Jackson's coalition. His departure left African-Americans without a candidate to really rally around, and Clinton through his experience in reaching out to them became their "second choice". I'll pass on percentages later, but they will come largely at the expense of Clinton, who never really registered outside the single-digits until after New Hampshire. However it is important to note that Wilder had not infrastructure of any kind; his New Hampshire office consisted of seven guys for the state, and it was even less than that in the case of South Carolina. Struggled to raise even a million to support himself, which played into that. Still, he had a lot of pull at the time, on paper at least.
  • I know you are going to include Ross Perot, but it should be important to note that he should start as a candidate not seeking the nomination, with his party not having ballot access anywhere, and with no starting infrastructure. The man didn't even begin to contemplate a campaign until March, at which point it was others doing the work for him in regards to ballot access. Entirely different story come the time of the general election, but we are currently discussing the launch point and major candidates.

Yes, that is the one that I looked at. I'm not sure if I will be able to respond by tonight (my router is set to shut off in about an hour and a half), but I can make some more general comments.

• Include Virginia Governor Douglas Wilder; being the one black candidate in the race he (arguably) had the black vote effectively behind him, though that it clearly was not nearly as united as it was when compared to say Jesse Jackson's coalition. His departure left African-Americans without a candidate to really rally around, and Clinton through his experience in reaching out to them became their "second choice". I'll pass on percentages later, but they will come largely at the expense of Clinton, who never really registered outside the single-digits until after New Hampshire. However it is important to note that Wilder had not infrastructure of any kind; his New Hampshire office consisted of seven guys for the state, and it was even less than that in the case of South Carolina. Struggled to raise even a million to support himself, which played into that. Still, he had a lot of pull at the time, on paper at least.
  • I know you are going to include Ross Perot, but it should be important to note that he should start as a candidate not seeking the nomination, with his party not having ballot access anywhere, and with no starting infrastructure. The man didn't even begin to contemplate a campaign until March, at which point it was others doing the work for him in regards to ballot access. Entirely different story come the time of the general election, but we are currently discussing the launch point and major candidates.

Noted. Regarding Ross Perot, I may have him at 10% at the most (starting from the primaries) with $100,000,000 in campaign funds since he is a billionaire. I'm not sure about the infrastructure idea...if I could learn a way to implement events manually, then I could do this, but for now, this idea is at the bottom of the list. For the issue positions, I will have him centre on the issues, due to the fact that he had his own ideas, but if someone else had a better idea, he was "all ears". Of course Stockdale will be his VP...This is what I have planned for Perot at the moment.