270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jerzul

Universal Shift

What is the point of this? I saw Anthony's explanation:

Universal Shift is a way to shift the total numbers for a candidate in the primaries. For example, a value of “20″ would increase all the total percentages for that candidate by 20% more than they are set to. If they are set to 10%, they would become 12% in the primaries when a game is started.

But why? Why not just adjust the poll numbers directly?

What is the point of this? I saw Anthony's explanation:

But why? Why not just adjust the poll numbers directly?

Let's say that you have created a 1980 scenario state by state and at the completion of your work George Bush has a large lead over Ronald Reagan in the popular vote. A quick reduction or increase in Bush or Reagan, respectively, nationally using the universal shift setting saves you having to go back and edit the points for 55 primaries.

Let's say that you have created a 1980 scenario state by state and at the completion of your work George Bush has a large lead over Ronald Reagan in the popular vote. A quick reduction or increase in Bush or Reagan, respectively, nationally using the universal shift setting saves you having to go back and edit the points for 55 primaries.

Got it, that's what I thought it meant, but I was unsure. Thanks Bear!