270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
KevWar

PIPs?

Having no idea how PIPs fully-worked, I spent them all right off the bat in order to give me a head start for endorsements. I figured I'd get them back - or at least earn new ones in their stead - once I snagged the endorsement. However, now that I have their endorsements, I can't use them as surrogates because they require PIPs in order to do so. Was it meant to be this way? As I said, I'm not sure how PIPs work or what exactly they're supposed to represent, so this is likely my issue, and I may have to start over *groan*. My impression was that it was like finite political capital that you were spending but would be replenished somewhat by gaining more political capital as you acquired endorsements and delegates.

Any explanation would be greatly appreciated, as well as any advice as to how to gain more PIPs, if at all possible. Thanks!

Having no idea how PIPs fully-worked, I spent them all right off the bat in order to give me a head start for endorsements. I figured I'd get them back - or at least earn new ones in their stead - once I snagged the endorsement. However, now that I have their endorsements, I can't use them as surrogates because they require PIPs in order to do so. Was it meant to be this way? As I said, I'm not sure how PIPs work or what exactly they're supposed to represent, so this is likely my issue, and I may have to start over *groan*. My impression was that it was like finite political capital that you were spending but would be replenished somewhat by gaining more political capital as you acquired endorsements and delegates.

Any explanation would be greatly appreciated, as well as any advice as to how to gain more PIPs, if at all possible. Thanks!

I had the problem the first time I played through- the best bet is to use your PIP to get people who are leaning your way at the start but only in places like New Hampshire to get the nomination.Just cotinue with your campaign and once endorsers get to 95 use CP points and you can win them over in 3 terms. You get 10 more at the general election and by then you should have got all the endorsements from the primaries.

Really the key is to use them wisely- don't spend 10 trying to get a republican governor if your a dem. Only use them on key states like Ohio. It's a very fine art to master just use them carefully and remember to use CP points.

I had the problem the first time I played through- the best bet is to use your PIP to get people who are leaning your way at the start but only in places like New Hampshire to get the nomination.Just cotinue with your campaign and once endorsers get to 95 use CP points and you can win them over in 3 terms. You get 10 more at the general election and by then you should have got all the endorsements from the primaries.

Really the key is to use them wisely- don't spend 10 trying to get a republican governor if your a dem. Only use them on key states like Ohio. It's a very fine art to master just use them carefully and remember to use CP points.

Bummer... I was hoping they'd replenish at some point since this substantially limits the surrogates one can use. Thanks for the answer and advice! A follow-up question, though: Do these endorsements carry over to the general election? Also, do the endorsements themselves help you quite a bit without even needing to use them as surrogates? In real life, this is obvious. I'm assuming it's the same in here. I know Carter gave me some sweet momentum.

"Do these endorsements carry over to the general election? Also, do the endorsements themselves help you quite a bit without even needing to use them as surrogates? In real life, this is obvious. I'm assuming it's the same in here. I know Carter gave me some sweet momentum."

Yes, they carry over. Endorsers can add funds, momentum, and or foot soldiers, as well as potentially becoming surrogates.

Thanks for the feedback about PIPs and surrogates - noted.

Thank you for the clarification, and thank you more for this highly addictive game. It's one of those "Just... one... more... turn..." kinds of games.

Thank you for the clarification, and thank you more for this highly addictive game. It's one of those "Just... one... more... turn..." kinds of games.

I know how you feel, I always say I'll just start the primaries then I end up finishing the whole election 5 hours later

I know how you feel, I always say I'll just start the primaries then I end up finishing the whole election 5 hours later

5 hours??? It's taken me 5 hours just to get to mid-November! Lol. How do you run through so quickly? Is it because I'm starting at 1% and running localized ads like crazy and trying to spend every CP I have? What do you find that you can skip entirely to get through it so quickly? Because as it stands now, I don't even plan on seeing Super Tuesday until next week in real time. :D

5 hours??? It's taken me 5 hours just to get to mid-November! Lol. How do you run through so quickly? Is it because I'm starting at 1% and running localized ads like crazy and trying to spend every CP I have? What do you find that you can skip entirely to get through it so quickly? Because as it stands now, I don't even plan on seeing Super Tuesday until next week in real time. :D

I've got virtually no life so I go all out, I just know what states you need to win in the primaries and once you get a couple of people to withdraw and endorse you then it's a lot quicker. My Biden game against O'Malley and Clinton took a lot longer but I managed to do Romney in about 5 hours last night.

Ads really only do so much, it's much better to use surrogates to barnstorm