270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
KevWar

Candidate Editor

IRL Stamina points mean nothing when you're battling to be the leader of the virtual free world! Haha.

And no worries, I'm always here if you need advice! And yeah I was surprised too, my Presidential nominee had almost no brainstorming power in CA, but Ayotte did great. It's also pretty good fun, after the primary process is complete, if you're so far ahead you can get some crazy results. I think my best is like 58% of the popular vote, carrying CA, PA, NY and NJ as Chris Christie.

IRL Stamina points mean nothing when you're battling to be the leader of the virtual free world! Haha.

And no worries, I'm always here if you need advice! And yeah I was surprised too, my Presidential nominee had almost no brainstorming power in CA, but Ayotte did great. It's also pretty good fun, after the primary process is complete, if you're so far ahead you can get some crazy results. I think my best is like 58% of the popular vote, carrying CA, PA, NY and NJ as Chris Christie.

That's pretty impressive, I managed to get California and New York as Rand Paul. it's a strange old world but it keeps the game exciting, other election games end up dying after a couple of turns because it's just a battle for one swing state.

I was crazily overmatched, I secured the nomination half way through and the Democrats had a slugfest with heaps of huge scandals. We came out of the primaries with the vote at like 50-33, Christie v. O'Malley. I should have run more attack ads to keep him down, but I was just trying to boost my popular vote in deep blue states, so lost a lot of vote to his negative ads and campaigning in some, in any other circumstance, purple ones.

Nabbing NY and CA with Christie is impressive. With Ayotte is staggering. With Paul? That's downright insanirty. Lol. Fun game indeed. Maybe I shall wrestle Alabama and Mississippi from Christie? Have Bill Maher barnstorm down there? : P I'm not really kidding, hah. I want every state! Mwahaha.

Update, though: I had no idea that building up your spin machine could be so lethal. Christie was starting to dominate the primaries too much for my liking, so I researched a national scandal surprisingly fast and spun the heck out of it for almost a week straight while also barnstorming in states with a negative Christie theme. Next thing I know, Rubio is surging ahead in the polls and catching up in delegates. Christie is no longer projected to win. But I stop the spin, target Rubio, and now they're both about even, with Ryan on their heels and Christie nabbing a Paul endorsement. I think I may let Ryan pull ahead and then I'll start toying with him. I love this game!

But I know that somewhere down the line this is somehow going to bite me in the butt. This game is cleverly designed to hit you at your highest when you're least expecting it. : ).

Nabbing NY and CA with Christie is impressive. With Ayotte is staggering. With Paul? That's downright insanirty. Lol. Fun game indeed. Maybe I shall wrestle Alabama and Mississippi from Christie? Have Bill Maher barnstorm down there? : P I'm not really kidding, hah. I want every state! Mwahaha.

Update, though: I had no idea that building up your spin machine could be so lethal. Christie was starting to dominate the primaries too much for my liking, so I researched a national scandal surprisingly fast and spun the heck out of it for almost a week straight while also barnstorming in states with a negative Christie theme. Next thing I know, Rubio is surging ahead in the polls and catching up in delegates. Christie is no longer projected to win. But I stop the spin, target Rubio, and now they're both about even, with Ryan on their heels and Christie nabbing a Paul endorsement. I think I may let Ryan pull ahead and then I'll start toying with him. I love this game!

But I know that somewhere down the line this is somehow going to bite me in the butt. This game is cleverly designed to hit you at your highest when you're least expecting it. : ).

aha pretty much hits the nail on the head, you should be most concerned when you have all states projected towards you in the primary, it takes one person to withdraw for it to all change. That's why Clinton never seems to win the primaries because everyone goes against her

aha pretty much hits the nail on the head, you should be most concerned when you have all states projected towards you in the primary, it takes one person to withdraw for it to all change. That's why Clinton never seems to win the primaries because everyone goes against her

Yep. Clinton didn't stand a chance since I joined in with the others and she seemed to have scandals coming out the wazoo. Once I caught up and covered the map in Ward teal, everyone jumped on me, but they were too far behind by this point due to their cannibalism that even their relations with Clinton were awful. So instead of endorsing either of us, they simply withdrew, leaving undecideds for me to scoop up. I think Rubio could've turned Democrat and won this particular primary. What beasts we've been! Hah. I like that their relations gradually increase once they drop, though, since most of them became available for VP selection.

Now I am faced with the dilemma of who I want to run against in the general: Christie or Rubio? I wanted a tough battle with Christie at first, but now I'm thinking Rubio would be an interesting challenger considering his popularity in "blue states," which he won't truly stand a chance in, whereas Christie is so much more potent in the plains states. Have to weigh fun vs. challenge, though either of them could present both. Btw, Ryan inexplicably withdrew from the race even though he was only barely behind in third and was actually leading a bit in national polls. He endorsed Rubio. I can't fast forward to the general because I'm simply too fascinated by this Republican race (and I may as well kick back and research some insights and scandals).

Just to return to the original post in this topic I created, I would like to report that underdogs do indeed stand a chance given a well-planned strategy, letting the others devour each other, fundraising/ad-posting like a madman, and various other strategies outlined by the experts here. It's expensive, but doable. Also, the editor, although it could use some tweaking for party creation (I know Anthony is continuously developing improvements), is quite robust and I'm looking forward to creating some interesting parties and tackling elections with them. Then I suppose I'll see some reeeeal underdogs at work. Just not sure which is the best party to clone before editing since percentages will reflect the cloned party. I'll figure it out.

Thanks for everyone's help! Great game and great website!