270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
HorckDude

Middle east scenario

Yea, let's have full democratic elections in the most undemocratic region in the world.

Politics as we know them can't exist in the Middle East so it's impossible to hold elections. For one, no political groups exist. They all agree on one important thing: Allah is great.

There will not be a liberal stream, a conservative stream or any other political stream. Also, because of the non-existance of political diversity there are no electoral trends available so you'd be making the entire thing up, with the exception of the names of the countries.

I like fantasy elections, but I think this one would be just a little bit too unrealistic.

With due respect you made one bassed on a TV show(it was very good) that is not the hight of reality. this scenarion sould be done, with parties like Iranian Shi'a hardliners, Shi's reformers like Sistani, Sunni hardliners like the Suadi's and modertes like Mubark in Egypt or a Turkish official.

dude there have been dozens of scenarios created that have no real shot of taking place

honestly was that futuristic space election "too unrealistic" or how about that world war 1 scenario in which woodrow wilson was a candidate

i guess u expsect martin sheen to run for president in 08

My point wasn't that a fictional scenario wouldn't work, which I pointed out when I said I liked fantasy elections. The scenario from 'The West Wing' is fiction, but the only thing really different are the candidates. America is thesame with it's red and blue states and electoral trends, so it's still good politics.

There were more fantasy elections which were realistic within the scope of their own reality. They're fictional, but if they were real it would be realistic.

What I merely pointed out was that if the Middle East would have elections you couldn't have anything like a US-style elections.

But I wouldn't want to keep you from creating such a scenario. If you go on with it I'd just like to say that you should study the various Middle East politcal movements very carefully and make a scenario as closely to realism as possible. I say this because a scenario with an anti-terrorism candidate and terrorist candidate is simply a good vs. evil contest and that has little to do with good politics. So my advice is: do good research first!

True, it doesn't have to do with the topic...it is strange nonetheless.

But anyways, if someone wants to do it, go for it. I'd love to see different scenarios of Battle for Control of (Insert Region Name Here)

also horck i didn't suggest this should be a realistic scenario because that isn't possible also just because a region isn't very democratic doesn't mean that their isn't a continuous struggle to win over hearts and minds

and yes to get this done u have to do research but u could pretty much say the same thing for every other scenario idea

They're fictional, but if they were real it would be realistic.

??? now thats a quote

and yes to get this done u have to do research but u could pretty much say the same thing for every other scenario idea

Yes, but this scenario would need more research than any other. If you make a scenario on any democratic country you can easily find the different political parties and their positions.

In this case none of that exists so you have to do extensive research on the current beliefs of various people in the Middle East. Also, there are no electoral trends available which makes it ever harder to find out what people would vote for.

They're fictional, but if they were real it would be realistic.

??? now thats a quote

LOL :D

I ment politically realistic. If those fictional scenarios weren't fictional, they would be politically realistic. That's what I wanted to say. :)

Yuo should be ashamed of yourself Vegeta....

3000 people were murdered on 9/11 by Bin Laden... Its not a funny joke, and its not proper to be endorsing Bin Laden...you are a sick bastard, and If you like Norht Korea so much, move there...people like you is what makes me have second thoughts on the country...Protest the War on iraq is one thing...but quoting Bin Laden as a patriot is treason

I ment politically realistic. If those fictional scenarios weren't fictional, they would be politically realistic. That's what I wanted to say

so if woodrow wilson really did run for president of europe that scenario would be realistic?

and lets assume the entire middle east came together and elected on leader (which is more likely than all of europe coming together and electing one leader) than the scenario would it be real wouldn't it?

If you make a scenario on any democratic country you can easily find the different political parties and their positions.

even in non democratic countries there is still always a stuggle between different groups take iraq there was a constant struggle between sunni's and shiet (sp)

what some call a terrorist others call a patriot

--------------------

"Bush and Blair ... don't understand any language but the language of force. Every time they kill us, we kill them, so the balance of terror is achieved." - Osama Bin Laden

That quote, using BinLadens quote in your sig, and having the N. Korean flag as you avatar is sure to piss people off...get a life you are a loser, you post 300 times a day on this site, go get some friends and explore the world, since your brain is full of michael moore crap....

and if you like Bin Laden so much, why dont you tell him how much you admire him?

He will get a sword and cut off your head....you are so ignornat and offensive to Americans...

:lol::lol: if i wanted to be questioned wouldn't i have brought it up on my own why would i wait for "somebody like you" to comment on it

and like i said i don't remember ever endorsing terrorism or whatever your talking about

so if woodrow wilson really did run for president of europe that scenario would be realistic?

and lets assume the entire middle east came together and elected on leader than the scenario would it be real wouldn't it?

Please read before posting vegeta.

I clearly refered to 'those fictional scenarios' I thought were good. Not to all kinds of fictional scenarios.

If you make a scenario on any democratic country you can easily find the different political parties and their positions.

even in non democratic countries there is still always a stuggle between different groups take iraq there was a constant struggle between sunni's and shiet (sp)

That is true, but opposite sides in a dictatorship are different from opponents in a democracy.

I can't see the republican party starting a guerilla war against the democratic party.

So you're gonna have to figure how those division in a country would change after becoming democratic. Can a group becoming a peaceful political party and will they actually have enough supporters to get elected?