270soft Forum
Dallas

U.S Presidential Election - 2012

In 2008, Hillary Rodham Clinton was elected to the White House, making history as the first female President of the United States. Just four years later, she is facing a potentially difficult re-election campaign against the strengthened Republican Party. Many Conservative women have joined the arena for the Republican Party's nomination, agreeing that President Hillary Clinton is not the person for the job. Who will win the Republican Party's nomination and challenge President Clinton in November?

The scenario is now on the website!

I will gladly accept feedback/suggestions and feedback/suggestions will be noted.

http://scenarios.270soft.com/2013/07/13/u-s-presidential-election-2012/

Features:

4 parties

10 candidates

Interesting outcomes. Will Bachmann win? Blackburn?

A great scenario for "What ifs"

and more to come in the future!

I like the idea - but have Hillary Clinton as the Democratic President! And a primary challenger (Tammy Baldwin, maybe?)

Republicans:

Susan Collins

Kelly Ayotte (?)

And maybe some Representatives (Mary Bono Mack/Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, Marsha Blackburn, Virginia Foxx...)

As well as Mary Ruwart for the Libertarians. And perhaps Phyllis Schafly for the Constitution Party.

I like the idea - but have Hillary Clinton as the Democratic President! And a primary challenger (Tammy Baldwin, maybe?)

Republicans:

Susan Collins

Kelly Ayotte (?)

And maybe some Representatives (Mary Bono Mack/Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, Marsha Blackburn, Virginia Foxx...)

As well as Mary Ruwart for the Libertarians. And perhaps Phyllis Schafly for the Constitution Party.

Rep. Marsha Blackburn and Phyllis Schalfy are currently in the scenario. Thanks for the suggestions!

The following is included with the newly released update!

Republicans

~Marsha Blackburn (thanks to Tayya).

~Updated Palin's primary color

~Updated Nikki's picture

~Modified percentages for all republican candidates

~Add the Constitution Party with Phyllis Schlafly (thanks to tayya) as the candidate and Chuck Baldwin as VP.

Good gaming!

The following are included in today's update. Good gaming!

~updated candidate pictures (thanks to tayya)

~increased percentages for candidate's home state

~added Barak Obama as VP for the Democratic Party, Ron Paul and Virgil Goode to Constitution Party VP selection.

~changed Clinton's description to address out-of-box description.

Hey hey hey hey hey, what are you doing now? Isn't the whole idea behind the scenario a "women only" premise? That's what I would go for. Having the men in there kills the whole premise. (I suggest Ann Coulter as the Constitution Party VP.)

About the mugs - some of them are now too squished. Have some more room to the sides of the face when resizing.

I'd also suggest changing Tammy Baldwin's primary percentages to match a more liberal challenger. Her strong states would be New England, NY, WA, OR, CA, CO, HI, MN and WI. Michele Bachmann would probably lead in Minnesota. Palin could be weakened a bit.

My idea was to include only women leaders. I can change that as well. Palin's percentages, noted. Mugs, noted. and I assume you are referring to Michele Bachmann's pictures.? and Thanks for the feedback!

As for Tammy's percentages, I can make her leading or near leading Clinton in the states that you mentioned.

Yeah, Bachmann, and to a lesser extent Haley, Blackburn and Martinez could see their pics improved.

Re: Baldwin, have her around 5-10% behind Clinton in the mentioned states, and increase Clinton's percentages by a lot in the south.

Okay, thanks for the feedback! All of this will be changed in my next release.

New release!

Changed several candidates pictures (thanks to tayya)

Increased Baldwin's percentage in several states, decreased Palin's percentages, and increased Bachmann's percentage in MN, giving her a small lead over Palin. (thanks to tayya)

Added the Green Party, along with Jill Stein as the candidate and Cheri Honkala as VP.

Deleted VPs that are not female. (thanks to tayya)

Added Ann Coulter as VP candidate for the Constitution Party.

and That's it for today! Good gaming!

Note: the Democrats have very few VPs. Any suggestions..?

Sen. Amy Klobuchar

Sen. Maria Cantwell

Sen. Jeanne Shaheen

Sen. Kay Hagan

Sen. Mary Landrieu

Sen. Claire McCaskill

Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand

Fmr. Gov. Jennifer Granholm

Gov. Christine Gregoire

Sec. Kathleen Sebelius

Sec. Janet Napolitano

Sec. Hilda Solis

Rep. Donna Edwards

Rep. Loretta Sanchez

Pick and choose.

New release!

I have added several VP candidates to the Democratic Party, and a few to the Republican Party. More will be added in the next few days!

Hey guys, I am thinking about decreasing Blackburn's poll numbers to match Martinez's numbers to accommodate her rating as one of the most corrupted members of Congress. Is this a good idea? I will gladly accept feedback.

New release!

Adds 3 VP options to the Democratic Party

Decreased Blackburn's percentages to match her background as one of the most corrupted members of the Congress.

Until I receive more feedback on platform of one or each candidates, and percentages, their will be no more updates. I hope everyone is enjoying the scenario, and, for creators that would like to help with the scenario, or interested with changing a few things, PM me and we can talk about it.. Good gaming! (those that help will be will be mentioned in the topic/scenarios website)

Here is what is planned for the next few updates:

Add Michele Malkin to the Republican Party

Tweak issue stances and percentage from feedback

Add more VP options.

I'm not very good with issues, my usual sources (Wikipedia, OnTheIssues) are likely no better than yours.

What is needed for the scenario in general is polish. When you're done with the next release, I can take a day and tidy it up if you want to, updating pictures, correcting spelling errors, etc.

Haven't had time to look at leader stats yet. I could do that to after the next release.

New release!

~added Michelle Malkin

~updated Blackburn's picture

~Small polish changes

I'm not very good with issues, my usual sources (Wikipedia, OnTheIssues) are likely no better than yours.

What is needed for the scenario in general is polish. When you're done with the next release, I can take a day and tidy it up if you want to, updating pictures, correcting spelling errors, etc.

Haven't had time to look at leader stats yet. I could do that to after the next release.

Alright, that's sounds great. The new release is out. and You do not have to update Blackburn's picture, unless you can make it less squished.

On 7/13/2013 at 5:18 PM, Dallas said:

~Add the Constitution Party with Phyllis Schlafly (thanks to tayya) as the candidate and Chuck Baldwin as VP.

She will be missed and was an icon to the Constitution Party.

22 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

She will be missed and was an icon to the Constitution Party.

I will miss her. She was an iconic imagine that paved a way for the conservative movement, for decades. 

Just now, Dallas said:

I will miss her. She was an iconic imagine that paved a way for the conservative movement, for decades. 

Yes a truly amazing woman!