270soft Forum
RFK/JFKfan

2015 UK General Election scenario thread

Many thanks. Gave it a run through, and here are some observations:

1) Ed Miliband is rather strong! I lowered his charisma to 2 (media perception could have a bad effect) and his stamina to 4. I did raise his debating to 4 though, as he seems rather good at Q&A sessions.

2) Fiddled around with Nick Clegg and David Cameron, slightly tweaking their charisma and experience to reflect electoral perceptions. Nigel Farage was also far too weak, so changed his starting funds to three million and charisma increased to 4.

3) There's a lot to do in constituencies! I could take a few regions if you wanted a lower workload?

4) I like the internet campaigning, that's a nice touch!

Overall, a good solid foundation to the scenario :)

A good resource if looking at some of the key marginal seats and who the challenging candidates will be: http://labourmajority.org.uk/where/frontline-40/#.UbNIkkDktsk

Many thanks. Gave it a run through, and here are some observations:

1) Ed Miliband is rather strong! I lowered his charisma to 2 (media perception could have a bad effect) and his stamina to 4. I did raise his debating to 4 though, as he seems rather good at Q&A sessions.

2) Fiddled around with Nick Clegg and David Cameron, slightly tweaking their charisma and experience to reflect electoral perceptions. Nigel Farage was also far too weak, so changed his starting funds to three million and charisma increased to 4.

3) There's a lot to do in constituencies! I could take a few regions if you wanted a lower workload?

4) I like the internet campaigning, that's a nice touch!

Overall, a good solid foundation to the scenario :)

If you would like to help out, or anyone else for that matter that would be great! and much appreciated. It would be best if we could get a few people involved actually because it's good to get that mixture of opinions and ideas.

A good resource if looking at some of the key marginal seats and who the challenging candidates will be: http://labourmajority.org.uk/where/frontline-40/#.UbNIkkDktsk

Thanks for that!

I just had a thought regarding crusaders. Lets face it, politics are becoming more of a popularity contest than ever and during the run up to each election we always see the appearances of celebrity backers so perhaps instead of having other party members making up the crusaders, how about celebrity party backers?

So Labour would have Eddie Izzard, Alex Ferguson, JK Rowling and so on and the Torys would have Jim Davidson, Cilla Black and other undesirables.

I think that would be an excellent idea.

For Labour Alan Sugar and Nick Hewer are some big supporters.

Conservatives - Karen Brady + ???

LD - Daniel Radcliffe + ???

UKIP - Patrick Moore + Joan Collins

Just a few ideas :)

For the Lib Dems, Greg Dyke (former Director General of the BBC) recently appeared at a Twickenham Lib Dems function and is generally between the Lib Dems and Tories in support (having previously been supportive of Blair). Not total celebrity but as much as they'll get right now.

I'd like a copy if possible

mark.whiley@gmail.com

Thanks =)

Unfortunately I have just not had the time to do anything with this in a very long time so here is my very unfinished scenario but if somebody wants to pick it up and carry on with it, feel free.

I have uploaded the scenario in a zip folder Here

There is a text file with my notes on what I had done so far. One major bug comes from me trying to alter the times that results come in, I tried to make it more realistic with polls closing at 10 and results coming in from 11pm and arriving through the night and into the morning. This seems to have thrown the declarations out and the results will coming in over two nights.

I like to make an adjustment to the in game music too. I think this adds a little something to it...

BBC Election theme

Move that file into C:\Program Files\Prime Minister Forever - British 2010\sounds or C:\Program Files (x86)\Prime Minister Forever - British 2010\sounds if you're using 64 bit Windows.

And replace the drum_roll_heavy.wav file with that one. The Election night theme will now play in the start menu.

Sorry for being lacking in recent years. I was bumped onto Windows 8 in late 2013 and it's taken me this long to find all the favourites I had on my old computer. Anyway, on the question of crusaders, I think it will be more realistic if the Conservatives and Labour can command celebrities (as could UKIP) but for the Lib Dems (aside from John Cleese that is) all of their crusaders would be high ranking MP's (the most notable being Tim Farron from Westmorland)