270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
POLLWONK

One World Government 2017

We can do better than making this a debate, people. Just roll a dice on the integrity rating, really.

It isn't a big deal of course, but it's fun to debate.

An attack on US could have cost President Obama the election. Why didn't the President of the United States and his administration get the facts wrong while Senator John McCain got it right. That merits an investigation. Did they try to cover up the attack?

Romney never had a chance. Only 4 years before his party was heavily beaten in the same year that the recession started and naturally they were in power so they got the blame. I have never read of a general election where the party who won a landslide the last time didn't win again by one margin or another.

Romney never had a chance. Only 4 years before his party was heavily beaten in the same year that the recession started and naturally they were in power so they got the blame. I have never read of a general election where the party who won a landslide the last time didn't win again by one margin or another.

Herbert Hoover: won by a landslide in 1928, lost under a landslide in 1932. Just pointing that out to keep you honest in you're blanket statement of no candidate who won by a landslide not winning the next time in US history.

Also George H.W. Bush. In fairness it may never have happened that a party takes power from the opposing party with a substantial victory and then lost four years later. The only occasions I can think of when the out-party has won by a substantial margin are 2008, 1992, 1980, 1952, 1932, 1920, 1912, 1860, 1840 (okay, that might be a counter-example), 1828, and 1800. Of those only 1840 featured a reversal four years later, and it featured a slightly narrower popular-vote margin than Obama '08. Still, I think it's clearly not true that the circumstances of the 2012 election made it a priori impossible for Romney to win.