270soft Forum
ellchicago

President McCain 2004

Hello, I am announcing a new scenario President McCain 2004. It is co-created by POLLWONK who is actually creating the scenario with Campaigns Forever. The scenario's concepts were created by myself and were reviewed by POLLWONK.

The scenario will continue the McCain Presidency including events from the Iraq War, 2004 election, and the War on Terror.

Storyline:

McCain won South Carolina and basically ended Governor George W. Bush's Presidential Campaign.

McCain later chose Governor Jeb Bush as his running mate and won the election 51% to 49% against Gore/Lieberman. McCain won Florida 51% to 49%. 271 EV to 267 EV

2001:

January: Inaugurated.

March: Economy enters the 2001 recession.

September: 9/11 occurs despite President McCain's efforts. McCain becomes popular. McCain declares War on Terror.

October: US invades Afghanistan. Patriot Act is enacted, Russ Feingold becomes the only Senator to vote against the Patriot Act

November: US overruns and occupies Afghanistan.

December: Osama bin Laden is killed during the Battle of Tora Bora. McCain's approval skyrockets.

2002:

February: Intelligence informs McCain and America that Iraq may have WMD. Republicans call for action.

March: The Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act of 2002 is enacted. Feingold is mentioned as a possible Presidential candidate or Secretary of State under McCain or the next Democratic President

November: Republicans wins two Senate seats, plus 8 house seats Republicans choose Bill Frist as Senate Majority Leader.

2003:

March 2003: Operation Iraqi Freedom commences

August 2003: General David Petraeus is appointed the commander-in-chief of the Multi-National Force - Iraq (MNF-I).The reason of the appointment of Petraeus is his successful counterinsurgency tactics in Mosul, a city of nearly two million people, where he and the 101st Airborne Division employed classic counterinsurgency methods to build security and stability, including conducting targeted kinetic operations and using force judiciously, jump-starting the economy, building local security forces, staging elections for the city council within weeks of their arrival, overseeing a program of public works, reinvigorating the political process, and launching 4,500 reconstruction projects.

December 2003: Medicare Part D is passed (Medicare Prescription Drug, Improvement, and Modernization Act)

Intro description

Although seemingly unbeatable a year earlier, an uncertain economy and an increasingly war-weary populous have left John McCain facing a possibly difficult campaign. Will the Democratic challenger be able to capitalize of McCain’s weaknesses?

Republicans:

President John McCain (on) age 68 Very High EST:3 L:4 I:4 E:5 IF:4 C:4 S:3 D:4 Red PIP:25 Money: 70500000

Crusaders: Cindy Hensley McCain Power 2, Meghan McCain Power: 1 , Rudy Giuliani Power:2 PP Cost: 5, last 100 days, Arnold Schwarzenegger Base Power:3 PP Cost: 5 lasts 50 days

After winning the South Carolina Primary four years ago and going on to win the Presidency, President John McCain had an eventful four years. He had to face 9/11 and ordered the death of Osama bin Laden. McCain finally got a version of campaign finance reform into law. Can McCain win reelection under an uncertain economy and a war-weary populous?

Vice Leaders:

Vice President Jeb Bush age: 51 High PPC: 3 L:4 I:4 E:4 IF:4 C:3 S:3 D:4 Florida +5

Democrats (on):

Senator John Kerry (on) age 60 High EST:2 L:3 I:3 E:3 IF:4 C:2 S:3 D:4 Pink PIP 20 Money: 7700000

Crusaders: Theresa Heinz Kerry Power 2, Ted Kennedy Cost 5 Power 3 Last 100 days, Max Cleland Cost 3 Power 2 Last 100 days, Bob Shrum Cost 2 Power 1 Last 100 days, Gary Locke Cost 2 Power 1 Last 100 days

Primary Description: An accomplished Senator and former Navy officer in Vietnam, Kerry's strong experience and debating skills tempt one to say "Bring it on!" Will Kerry's weak point - his charisma - undermine his chances, or can Kerry lead the charge that brings the Democrats to the White House?

General Election Description: An accomplished Senator and former Navy officer in Vietnam, Kerry's strong experience and debating skills tempt one to say "Bring it on!" Will Kerry's weak point - his charisma - undermine his chances, or can Kerry lead the charge that brings the Democrats to the White House?

Governor Howard Dean (on) age 54 High EST:2 L:4 I:3 E:3 IF:4 C:3 S:3 D:3 Light Blue PIP 15 Money: 12400000

Crusaders: Judith Dean Power 1, Jesse Jackson, Jr. Cost 4 Power 2 Lasts 100 days, Bill Bradley Cost 3 Power 2 Lasts 50 days

Primary Description: Dean has the energy and fiery rhetoric to motivate a grass roots campaign, but can he overcome his inexperience on the national stage and take the Democratic nomination?

General Election Description: Emerging from the Democratic nominations as a fiery populist, Dean has shown he can energize a grass roots campaign with his leadership. But can he expand his appeal to key swing voters?

Senator John Edwards (on) age 51 Medium EST:2 L:3 I:3 E:2 IF:3 C:4 S:3 D:4 Purple PIP 15 Money: 4800000

Crusaders: Elizabeth Edwards Power: 2, Erskine Bowles Cost 3 Power:1 Lasts 100 days, Ed Turlington Cost 3 Power:1 Lasts 100 days

Primary Description: An extremely successful trial lawyer, Edwards became Senator from North Carolina in 1998, but that is where his political experience ends. His charisma and sharp debating skills, however, could well make up for that lack.

General Election Description: An extremely successful trial lawyer, Edwards became Senator from North Carolina in 1998, but that is where his political experience ends. His charisma and sharp debating skills, however, could well make up for that lack.

Congressman Dick Gephardt (on) age 63 High EST:2 L:3 I:3 E:4 IF:3 C:4 S:3 D:4 Dark Blue PIP; 20 Money: 5800000

Crusaders: Jane Gephardt Power: 2, Chrissy Gephardt Power: 1, James Hoffa, Jr. Cost 5 Power 3 Lasts 100 days

Primary Description: Gephardt has a large amount of political experience from his fourteen terms as a Congressman, and his 1988 run to become the Democratic presidential candidate. Can Gephardt carry the Democratic party all the way this time around?

General Election Description: Gephardt has a large amount of political experience from his fourteen terms as a Congressman, and his 1988 run to become the Democratic presidential candidate. Can Gephardt carry the Democratic party all the way this time around?

General Wesley Clark (on) Age 59 High EST: 2 L:4 I:3 E:2 IF:3 C:3 S:4 D:4 Dark Green PIP:15 Money: 3400000

Crusaders: Gert Clark Power: 2, Wes Clark Jr. Power 1 Last 100 days, Robert Rubin Cost 4 Power 2 Last s 100 days. Michael More Cost 5 Power 2 Lasts100 days, Madonna Cost 5 Power 2 Lasts100 days

Primary Description: Retired General Clark - the Supreme Allied Commander of NATO operations in Europe - has significant executive experience and leadership skills. Will he be able to become the first General turned President since Eisenhower?

General Election Description: Retired General Clark - the Supreme Allied Commander of NATO operations in Europe - has significant executive experience and leadership skills. Will he be able to become the first General turned President since Eisenhower?

Senator Joe Lieberman (off) Age 61 High EST 2 L:4 I:3 E:4 IF:4 C:3 S:3 D:3 Orange PIP:15 Money: 4100000

Crusaders: Hadassah Lieberman Power 2

Primary Description: Although a long-standing Democratic Senator from Connecticut, Lieberman is also a cultural conservative and a foreign policy hawk. Can Lieberman avenge the Gore-Lieberman loss of 2000?

General Election Description: Although a long-standing Democratic Senator from Connecticut, Lieberman is also a cultural conservative and a foreign policy hawk. Can Lieberman avenge the Gore-Lieberman loss of 2000?

Senator Russ Feingold (off) age 51 Medium EST:3 L:4 I:4 E:3 IF:5 C:3 S:4 D:4 PIP:10

Yellow Money:2000000

Crusaders: Mary Feingold Power 1, Progressive Activists Power 1

Primary Description: Russ Feingold, a Progressive Senator from Wisconsin was the only Senator to vote against the Patriot Act. He authored The Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act of 2002. Feingold was mentioned as a possible Presidential candidate or Secretary of State under McCain or the next Democratic President. Can Senator Feingold take Progressivism to the White House?

General Election Description: Russ Feingold, a Progressive Senator from Wisconsin was the only Senator to vote against the Patriot Act. He authored The Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act of 2002. Feingold was mentioned as a possible Presidential candidate or Secretary of State under McCain or the next Democratic President. Can Senator Feingold take Progressivism to the White House?

Senator Hillary Clinton (off) age 56 Very High EST:3 L:4 I:3 E:3 IF:5 C:3 S:5 D:4 PIP 20 Aqua Money:50000000

Crusaders: Bill Clinton Power 4, Chelsea Clinton Power 2, James Carville PP Cost 2 Power 1 lasts 100 days, Terry McAuliffe Cost 2 Power 1 lasts 100 days

Primary Description: The Junior Senator from New York has the name recognition and political connections, and a solid base of support in the Democratic party - but will being the first woman to have a realistic chance of winning the Presidency limit her Presidential ambitions?

General Election Description: Can Hillary Clinton become the first woman to hold the Office of President of United States of America?

Vice Leaders:

Senator John Kerry age 60 High PPC: 3 L:3 I:3 E:3 IF:4 C:2 S:3 D:4 Massachusetts +5

Governor Howard Dean age 54 High PPC:3 L:4 I:3 E:3 IF:4 C:3 S:3 D:3 Vermont +5

Senator John Edwards age 51 Medium PPC 3 L:3 I:3 E:2 IF:3 C:4 S:3 D:4 North Carolina +5

Congressman Dick Gephardt age 63 High PPC:3 L:3 I:3 E:4 IF:3 C:4 S:3 D:4 Missouri +5

General Wesley Clark Age 59 High PPC:3 L:4 I:3 E:2 IF:3 C:3 S:4 D:4

Senator Russ Feingold age 51 Medium PPC:3 L:4 I:4 E:3 IF:5 C:3 S:4 D:4 Wisconsin +5

Senator Hillary Clinton age 56 Very High PPC:3 L:4 I:3 E:3 IF:5 C:3 S:5 D:4 New York +5

Independent (on):

Mr. Ralph Nader age 70 High EST:1 L:3 I:4 E:2 IF:4 C:2 S:4 D:4 Percentage Goal 5 Seat Goal 0 Green

Crusaders: Bob Smith Base Power:1 Last 100 days, Patricia Johnson Base Power:1 Last 100 days, Jan Pierce, PP Cost:1 Base Power:1 Last 100 days, Karen Sanchirico PP Cost:1 Base Power:1 Last 100 days

Primary Description: In 2000 Nader was able to turn a small, one-issue party into a national presence. Can he go one step further this time, getting federal funds next election cycle and becoming the Independent candidate who breaks the 'duopoly' of Republican and Democratic power?

General Election Description: In 2000 Nader was able to turn a small, one-issue party into a national presence. Can he go one step further this time, getting federal funds next election cycle and becoming the Independent candidate who breaks the 'duopoly' of Republican and Democratic power?

Vice-Leaders:

Peter Camejo Age 65 Low PPC: 0 L:4 I:4 E:4 IF:4 C:3 S:3 D:4

To be released soon! Please submit ideas and feedback!

I think you could add a few more candidates, especially VPs. If nothing else, steal them from Vanilla 2004. Also, add a potential conservative challenger to McCain. Gingrich, Perry, even Bush work.

I think you could add a few more candidates, especially VPs. If nothing else, steal them from Vanilla 2004. Also, add a potential conservative challenger to McCain. Gingrich, Perry, even Bush work.

President McCain definitely won't get any primary challengers because you don't primary a war-time President. Governor George W. Bush wouldn't challenge McCain because Jeb Bush is the Vice-President. Perry is just a LT. Governor in this timeline. Gingrich is not ready to run at this point in time, if I have enough ideas to make this into a series (I know who is the President is in 2009 and 2013 in this timeline) and POLLWONK is willing to continue to work with me, I would consider making a 2008 and a 2012 scenario. As for DEM VP, since they are easy to add, I will discuss this POLLWONK.

Quick Update: POLLWONK is working on the events which will take a while to finish. He is also working on his other projects. So a release date is TBD.

There will be also more Dem VPs.

Thanks Elliot.