270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ProgressiveMichael

Hey, Newbie here

Hi, I am fairly new but i have three games Chancerllor, Canadian and british Prime Ministers. I also have most of the free scenarios but dont know how to create my own. Can someone help? I dont have the "click and point" campaigns forever, so how easy or hard would it be to create an scenario? And would anyone be willing to help?

• Upvote 1

Hi, I am fairly new but i have three games Chancerllor, Canadian and british Prime Ministers. I also have most of the free scenarios but dont know how to create my own. Can someone help? I dont have the "click and point" campaigns forever, so how easy or hard would it be to create an scenario? And would anyone be willing to help?

Campaigns Forever is for President Forever only, so it won't help you anyway.

All the older Prime Minister games are modified through text files... the easiest way to learn and how I think everyone learned is to start opening the files for existing scenarios and making small changes. Make a copy of the folder of an existing scenario (eg UK 2010) and open the files in notepad

Graphics are changed by replacing/changing existing graphics, the map .bmp and files in the 'images' folder (eg for issues). If you change the map you will need to change the regional_variables txt , the sets of coordinates are pixels within the bitmap (how many pixels right/down from the top left a region is). There also needs to be a black dot in the upper left hand corner.

All this is explained in the txt files themselves

Campaigns Forever is for President Forever only, so it won't help you anyway.

All the older Prime Minister games are modified through text files... the easiest way to learn and how I think everyone learned is to start opening the files for existing scenarios and making small changes. Make a copy of the folder of an existing scenario (eg UK 2010) and open the files in notepad

Graphics are changed by replacing/changing existing graphics, the map .bmp and files in the 'images' folder (eg for issues). If you change the map you will need to change the regional_variables txt , the sets of coordinates are pixels within the bitmap (how many pixels right/down from the top left a region is). There also needs to be a black dot in the upper left hand corner.

All this is explained in the txt files themselves

BUt how do you edit and create .p4e files when i cant open them. And from that point I have no idea whats inside them at all?

BUt how do you edit and create .p4e files when i cant open them. And from that point I have no idea whats inside them at all?

A p4e file is a txt file, to open it just double click, and 'open with' choose notepad. If you say 'automatically use this program in future' Windows will know to treat p4e as a text file

Hi PM, were you able to finally make a scenario of your own? Would be nice to check this out by the way.