270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sandman

Usage of Candidate Names/Personal Details

Hello Board,

This may be a silly question but is there any potential for legal action on the part of individual(s) whose name(s) have been used as those of candidates in a fictional futuristic scenario? I ask because the individuals in question may have different partisan affiliations in said scenario and/or be politically inactive private citizens in reality.

As a prospective scenario designer I want to be on top of the parameters of the usage of people's names as candidates. I suppose this concern also extends to the use of their physical likeness. :unsure:

Thanks for any feedback.

• Upvote 1

I assume that this references my attempt to make fictional scenarios. If you look at my thread you'll see that I am asking for FICTIONAL characters, not private citizens who are politically inactive or anything like that. I want 100% original creations.

• Upvote 1

This is a general inquiry as I move forward with a scenario of my own. I'm making no specific reference to any projects other designers may have under development. Perhaps the Admin could weigh in on behalf of 270soft?

• Upvote 1