270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
zion

Texas 2014

So the long and the sort of it is that having almost completed both the Chicago and Texas scenarios - both of which were the trickiest and time consuming to date - my computer suffered the mother of all implosions, and I just went and packed it in. However... i discovered that i had an old zipped copy of the Texas scenario buried in my gmail account. Its got most of the political_unit data still intact, so am reviving it.

Candidates?

• Upvote 2

So the long and the sort of it is that having almost completed both the Chicago and Texas scenarios - both of which were the trickiest and time consuming to date - my computer suffered the mother of all implosions, and I just went and packed it in. However... i discovered that i had an old zipped copy of the Texas scenario buried in my gmail account. Its got most of the political_unit data still intact, so am reviving it.

Candidates?

I imagine Perry will be the incumbant, given he's dropped from the presidential race. Also, maybe White as a Democrat. And Kinky Friedman as 'off-by-default' reprising as an Independent might be neat. I also think at least one of the GOP candidates should be a dedicated secessionist, like in 2006 and 2002.

• Upvote 1

you could get Former Congressman Max Sandlin,Bill White the guy who ran against perry in 2010 and former congressman Chet Edwards for the democrats

for the GOP you could include Kay balley Hutchinson the former senator, ted Cruz and perry s Current Lt Gov

• Upvote 1

Is Perry actually allowed to run again constitutionally in Texas, as by then he'd have served 3-and-a-half terms already? And, assuming Texas has no term limits on their governor (which I honestly don't know), would Perry run again? Anyone have a clear idea?

Is Perry actually allowed to run again constitutionally in Texas, as by then he'd have served 3-and-a-half terms already? And, assuming Texas has no term limits on their governor (which I honestly don't know), would Perry run again? Anyone have a clear idea?

Yes. There are no limits in Texas, and the assumption is there's a good chance he'll run, but he's not a lock.

Additional Republican possibilities would include Attorney General Greg Abbott, LG Dewhurst (unlikely, since he's probably the future senator), and Ted Cruz, likely loser in the Senate runoff. (This all happening if Perry is out)

For the Democrats,State Senator Wendy Davis is a possibility if she wins this year, as well as Mayor Julian Castro of San Antonio, former Houston mayor Bill White, and maybe Chet Edwards, though that's unlikely since it'll have been awhile since he held office by then.

Democrats:

Rep. Chet Edwards

Att. Barbara Ann Radnofsky

Mr. Bill White

St. Rep. Paul Sadler (Assuming he loses the 2012 Senate Race)

Lietenant General Ricardo Sanchez

Mr. Kinky Friedman

Republicans:

Gov. Rick Perry

Sol. General Ted Cruz (Assuming he loses the 2012 Senate Nomination)

Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Just a development update...

This was the old political_units. As the game engine can only handle 150 division, I had combined an awful lot of them together which produced this messy looking map. I also discovered that the old data was based off of 2000 census data - so was missing millions of voters.

GeneralTEX.jpg

I've updated the latest version to reflect the population changes, as well as generating many more divisions which incorporate smaller combinations of counties. this should make the map look a lot more dynamic when it is played. I still have some work to do on the map graphics to smooth out the middle zoom-in box.

Re-SetTexas.jpg

• Upvote 1

Just a development update...

This was the old political_units. As the game engine can only handle 150 division, I had combined an awful lot of them together which produced this messy looking map. I also discovered that the old data was based off of 2000 census data - so was missing millions of voters.

GeneralTEX.jpg

I've updated the latest version to reflect the population changes, as well as generating many more divisions which incorporate smaller combinations of counties. this should make the map look a lot more dynamic when it is played.

Re-SetTexas.jpg

• Upvote 2

Just a quick update:

Candidates and numbers now done. Moving on to the endorsers. will be a little complex as i intend on every newspaper, state politician and a range of pacs.

politicians during the primary, PACs after convention and before the general, newspapers during the general.

couple more weeks