270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Patine

Canadian Senate Elections 2014

I've decided my third C4E scenario once I get around to giving the final touches to US Senate 2006 and Wisconsin State Senate 2010 (I may also finish Rz9392's Wisconsin State Senate Recall 2011 elections). This new scenario, for which I'm currently just gathering ideas, assumes Stephen Harper passes his idea (actually, originally Mulroney's idea which he and Manning originally opposed, but hey) of a Triple-E Senate. This body will have 8 members from each province at-large (so the map will just have the 10 provinces as solid regions, no subdividing Ontario and Quebec or seperate city regions) and 1 from each territory. Because C4E is limited to four party slots, I'm just having Conservatives, NDP's, Liberals, and Independents/Others (I may run a few BQ and Green members in this last group). Any ideas as to issues, candidates (especially chamber-leaders-to-be), events, etc?

• Upvote 1

I've decided my third C4E scenario once I get around to giving the final touches to US Senate 2006 and Wisconsin State Senate 2010 (I may also finish Rz9392's Wisconsin State Senate Recall 2011 elections). This new scenario, for which I'm currently just gathering ideas, assumes Stephen Harper passes his idea (actually, originally Mulroney's idea which he and Manning originally opposed, but hey) of a Triple-E Senate. This body will have 8 members from each province at-large (so the map will just have the 10 provinces as solid regions, no subdividing Ontario and Quebec or seperate city regions) and 1 from each territory. Because C4E is limited to four party slots, I'm just having Conservatives, NDP's, Liberals, and Independents/Others (I may run a few BQ and Green members in this last group). Any ideas as to issues, candidates (especially chamber-leaders-to-be), events, etc?

Would the NDP even run candidates in this election? They're pretty anti-senate, aren't they?

• Upvote 1

Would the NDP even run candidates in this election? They're pretty anti-senate, aren't they?

That much is indeed true. However, I'm moreso taking a leap that the NDP will gamble on running for this chamber in case it stays around a while and gains a deal of influence, hoping they can actually score a majority in it and unbalance Harper's majority in the Commons. Plus, game-wise, it makes for a significantly more competitive election.

• Upvote 1