270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScottM

1997 Reform Quebec ad

I'm making good progress on adapting the 1997 scenario to the 2011 engine, but I need some help finding some particular information. I'm trying to find out the date that the Reform Party's "Quebec" ad originally aired. If anyone has access to newspaper archives with that date, I'd appreciate the help!

• Upvote 1

I'm making good progress on adapting the 1997 scenario to the 2011 engine, but I need some help finding some particular information. I'm trying to find out the date that the Reform Party's "Quebec" ad originally aired. If anyone has access to newspaper archives with that date, I'd appreciate the help!

I happen to live in Western Canada, actually. I'll have a peek at my public library and see if I can find anything.

• Upvote 1

I happen to live in Western Canada, actually. I'll have a peek at my public library and see if I can find anything.

Thanks a lot! I'm quite grateful for the help!

• Upvote 1

On the front page of the Globe and Mail from May 23, 1997, there is a headline "Manning calls rivals unity threat". In the article it mentions that Reform begain airing the ads "yesterday". So if this is what you are looking for, than the ads began airing May 22.

• Upvote 1

On the front page of the Globe and Mail from May 23, 1997, there is a headline "Manning calls rivals unity threat". In the article it mentions that Reform begain airing the ads "yesterday". So if this is what you are looking for, than the ads began airing May 22.

Thank you very much! I'll add that to the scenario now.

• Upvote 1

I am very interested on this. If there is any available slot, I am available to help.

This isn't really one I need help on because I'm basically just converting the 1997 scenario for the 2008 game to the 2011 game. It's just a matter of copying and editing files. I hope to have it done soon, and when it's finished I'll be uploading it on the 270soft website's scenario page.

• Upvote 1

This isn't really one I need help on because I'm basically just converting the 1997 scenario for the 2008 game to the 2011 game. It's just a matter of copying and editing files. I hope to have it done soon, and when it's finished I'll be uploading it on the 270soft website's scenario page.

How is 1997 coming along. I look forward to seeing it. :)

• Upvote 1

How is 1997 coming along. I look forward to seeing it. :)

Hopefully, this one and my 2007 Australian scenario will be ready within the next few days.

• Upvote 1